Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Kona Rove
  • danielgroves
    Free Member

Anyone own one? I’m thinking of buying the 2015 model at some point in the nearish future.

I’d like to stick front and rear fenders on, as it’ll be doing a lot of all-weather miles for some light-touring and also as my transport to get myself and my photography gear out int he middle of nowhere. However, I’m struggling to find anything in terms of what size tyres would fit with fenders on it? 2014 models says 40c with fenders, 42c without. Not sure if this is the same on the 2015 model though?

I’d also be interested to here what anyone with one thinks of it?

sodadr
    Free Member

I had one, the green 2013 frame. With SKS p45 fenders I had plenty of clearance for the stock 35C tyres. I don’t own it anymore so I can’t check just how much clearance was available for something bigger, but it was a doddle to set up with 35C. I did have to bend the front fender strut to clear the brake caliper but that’s pretty par for the course.
    It was a great comfy bike, a bit portly but really nice and versatile.

danielgroves
    Free Member

Thanks sodded, that’s a good start. Hopefully the clearances will be pretty similar on the current version then. Most I’m likely to want to run would be 40c, so I’d hope they’d be ok under some 45c fenders.

wilsation
    Free Member

You could save yourself a load of cash and buy my croix de fer

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/111615733683

danielgroves
    Free Member

You could save yourself a load of cash and buy my croix de fer

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/111615733683

Got no interest in buying second hand.

PJay
    Free Member

The Big Rove looks lovely too (comes fitted to 2.0″ tires). It’s a shame that you can’t buy frame only.

danielgroves
    Free Member

The Big Rove looks lovely too (comes fitted to 2.0″ tires). It’s a shame that you can’t buy frame only.

You could always get a Rove ti, that comes frame-only 😉

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Kona Rove’ is closed to new replies.