Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • kona hahanna + fox rl float 100s = ???
  • MrKmkII
    Free Member

so i have this ('97 model i think):

and these ('04 OEM model – uprated from 80 – 100mm):

and i wonder what would happen if i combined them? worth a punt or will i die in a fireball when the headtube sheers?

Wrongun
    Free Member

I have been running a 1993 marin eldridge grade frame with some 100mm forks for about 2 months now, and nothing bad has happened. Infact the handling feels very "modern" as the head angle has slackened by a couple of degrees. Im 12.5 stone. I think if I was 20 stone I might worry about shearing the head tube tho…

MrKmkII
    Free Member

i'm 11st so no stress there! not sure what length forks the frame had originally but the gt ones on there at the moment ensure i get a fair few pedal strikes per ride (where on my stumpy HT i'd get none). so slacker angles and higher BB sounds great!

I used to be a fat coont and ran have run my '97 Lava Dome with a set of 125mm Manipoo X-Vert Supers for years now and I still appear to be alive.

I doubt I'd be able to sue anyone if I smashed myself to bits, but other than that it handles fine with the slight exception of a wandery front end on steep climbs.

The '97 Kona's were corrected for 80mm forks, so at 100mm with sag you're only looking at a paltry 15mm change in axle to crown length.

MrKmkII
    Free Member

so at 100mm with sag you're only looking at a paltry 15mm change

i've measured the fork travel and they're only 96mm anyway! 🙂

thanks you guys – i was gonna consolidate my kona and my stumpy HT onto a 456 frame and sell the kona and spesh frames – thought i'd see how this works out first instead…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘kona hahanna + fox rl float 100s = ???’ is closed to new replies.