Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)
  • Know or seen any celebs that mtb ????
  • obas
    Free Member

Has anyone come across any celebs etc on mtbs ??

Davros23
    Free Member

I know Mark Webber does, not that I've met him 🙂

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

Remember seeing David Coulthard training around Cap D'ail outside Monaco on the TV. Think a few F1 drivers do.

RoterStern
    Free Member

I recently bought an inner tube from a bike shop and was served by Paula Pezzo if that counts. Also used to see Mike Edwards of Jesus Jones fame regularly at the SAMS races back in the day.

adey205
    Free Member

ride with chris walker(motorbike racer) on the odd occasion when he's in the pines

sheppie_hill
    Free Member

I heard a story that Robbie Williams bought two very expensive MTBs (Scott Genius LTD – 2009) from a bike shop in Wiltshire.

Keva
    Free Member

Gilles

overtake Nick Craig at MM….correction, being overtaken by Nick Craig at MM.

simon_g

Trent Reznor (Nine Inch Nails) is really into his mountain biking, and apparently one of the reasons he's not relapsed into drug addiction again.

linky

eddie11
    Free Member

John Squire is/was.

Broke his arm doing it and the Stones Roses missed healdining glastonbury because of it. Pulp stepped if i'm right. Theres an old picture of him somewhere in a yeti top.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Does Nicole Kidman count?

hugorune

Former England & Leicester Rugby Captain Martin Corry – saw him interviewed yesterday for the Skyride thingmy.

Aidan
    Free Member

Page Hamilton from the band Helmet rides. Annoyingly, they delayed a UK tour when he broke his collar bone a few years back.

julianwilson
    Free Member

Timmy Connerford of RATM is, in fact i think he is in next month's MBUK.

Somewhere in the "I'd like to thank everybody" list at the back of the first Audioslave album, he thanks Shimano XTR…..

Also MCA from the Beastie Boys used to have a stake in Brooklyn Machine Works, and then Pharell Williams bought him out of it.

amodicumofgnar

I'll vouch for the Robbie Williams story, but dont know what bikes were bought, was in heat mag apparently. Shop was red planet bikes in swindon.

jimmy

doesn't Lance Armstrong ride MTB?

GaryLake
    Free Member

Bloom is on an Ibis mojo i think…

terrahawk
    Free Member

that woman off "How Clean is Your House?" rides an Inbred.
    John Squire too.
    Roy Keane I think.

terrahawk
    Free Member

just to clarify, Squire and Keane don't ride Inbreds. Well they might do, but maybe not.

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

Keith Flint of The Prodigy rides a Kinesis XC Pro 2.Its on their website.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

Martina Navratilova bought two ibis ti mojos back in the 90's .. well thats the reply i got from ibis at the time, when I asked what to use the hand job brake bit for now that Vees were everywhere, they said Martina puts little toy tennis rackets in hers.

julianwilson
    Free Member

oh in the pilot show of Nathan Barley he as a white inbred hanging up over his stairs. Excellent props person 😉

TV presenter Steve Wilson bought a Prince Albert.

izakimak
    Free Member

I passed eli from emmerdale once when i was out round rivvy.
    Please note i had no idea who he was my gf at the time told me it was him.

Harry_the_Spider

Saw Geoff Thomas at 24/12.

Greame LeSaux did MM one year with a load of his mates and Kate Grumble has an Inbred IIRC.

roundwheels
    Free Member

an scottish rugby player rides at glentress cant remember his name, also one of the members from the happy Mondays gave up the old persian rugs and took up the bike

I_Ache
    Free Member

Orlando Bloom and his friend were on matching Mojos with Talas 32s by the look of things.

eddie11
    Free Member

oldagedpredator i'd forgotten that. Robbie williams had a pashley TV series trials bike at one point.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Trent Reznor (Nine Inch Nails) is really into his mountain biking, and apparently one of the reasons he's not relapsed into drug addiction again.

That genuinely surprised me!

user-removed
    Free Member

I remember Ainsley Harriot (sp!?) getting special dispensation to ride down Kilimanjaro – he wasn't half bad either IIRC…

vdubber67
    Free Member

Dr Alice Roberts from 'Coast' Seen a pic of her on a Trek I think…she was interviewed for that online bike mag (Shred?)

simon_g

GWB?

He was even given a carbon hardtail as an official present by the (also MTBing) president of Slovenia – linky

clubber
    Free Member

I bumped into Mick Jagger and Jerry Hall riding around Richmond Park on their mtbs a while back (come to think of it, it was over 10 years ago!)

When I did a stint at Harrods in the bike dept, the guy who plays the Butler (Geoffrey) in The Fresh Prince of Bel Air came in and had a chat about bikes – turns out he's a keen cyclist (road and mtb)

theotherjonv

My wife is friends with Mark Richardson (OK, he's my friend a bit too) and he rides a Stumpy. I've offered to show him some stuff around Woking which is where he lives.

But which Mark is he?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Richardson

Atomizer

Bloke from the Chemical Brothers (Tom/Tim?) rides in Friston Forest quite a bit. Had an Intense Spider.

mcboo
    Free Member

Jemimha Khan started riding in Epping Forest a couple of months ago since she and Hugh Grant moved to Chingford. Rides a Trek 6800 hardtail I think. Hugh plays golf at Loughton for those who care….

jalopy
    Free Member

The man in g-rey – the original mountain biking celebrity – group ride on Cannock Chase last year:

fauxbyfour
    Free Member

Seen Jeremy Paxman off road on a bike.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Know or seen any celebs that mtb ????’ is closed to new replies.