Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Know anyone who's won a million?
  • imnotamused
    Free Member

Lotto
    Who wants to be a millionaire
    Million pound drop
    Etc

?

There must be someone out there and I’m living in hope it might be me someday

bigbob38
    Free Member

me!

That is I am living in hope too 😆

mav12
    Free Member

guys in the next office to me won euromillions last year £54 million between 6 of them they walked through our office on the way out to meet camelot every one clapped them really surreal feeling

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Strangely – I do.

My missus’s neighbour. Son was a wee shit, but got bought a GTI after parents won 1.8m euro. The odd thing was that he still went out and stole cars / lawnmowers /underwear from his neighbours. It wasnt about the money.

More the thrill of thieving. He’s still inside, 8 years later, for fighting inside apparently.

samuri
    Free Member

Yep. Couple on my paper round (obviously this was a long time ago when a million was a lot of money), won the pools, over a million according to local gossip. The couple had a huge bungalow in these massive grounds. The name of the house was ‘winalot’ and after their great dane tried to shag me they took me in and we became friends (over a long time).

They were a proper working class couple who had got lucky but had lost all their old friends and were afraid to be friends with anyone else. After a few years of knowing me (and they were incredibly suspicious of everyone they met), they started opening up and told me how the people they were friends with before the win all started trying to rip them off after it. They had this massive house and grounds yet they still bought supermarket baked beans and tea. The bloke kept pigeons and the woman still cut coupons out of newspapers. They were so nice and money ruined their lives.

Me? I’d have razzed it up a wall and caught the clap.

boblo
    Free Member

Yup. Not quite ‘won’, more right place, right time (MBO).

Member of my family bought in then sold on, grossed ~£5m. Frittered it away within 10 years. 🙁

oldgit
    Free Member

Yes a nice couple from a ‘sports’ club I was involved in. Seperated within months and both now back in 9 – 5s. Don’t know the ins and outs.

martymac

my ex worked for a total asshole who won the lotto not long after it started, he was expecting 10 million or so, but he only got about 100k, due to loads of people getting the 6 numbers.
    if my memory serves me right, i seem to recall that 5 numbers and the bonus ball actually paid out more that week.
    he was gutted at ‘only’ winning 100k too.

Harry_the_Spider

The blokes on the shop floor at work won £4m+ about 10 years ago. The local BMW dealership had a busy old time shortly afterwards.

Cammer
    Free Member

Saw a couple in the local post office on the night they hit the jackpot, trying claim their winnings.

Fair to say they were shaking!

jimmy

Funny, I was just thinking similar last night after catching a bit of Million Pound Drop where a young couple won £200,000. They were shaking, holding onto the money like someone was going to steal it. I wondered what it must feel like. It wouldn’t make you for life in one go, but if you played it right you wouldn’t need to worry about too much financially ever again.

Must be nice.

M6TTF
    Free Member

Still get the feeling every now and then that it could be my week , never happens though. Lucky if I even get a tenner. Never get lucky with anything 🙁

silverpigeon
    Free Member

Me and 7 mates won £1.1M on the pools 11 years ago. We all used to be season ticket holders at West Ham and it was something we started to do in the pub before a home game. There were used to be 10 of us in the same syndicate for 5 years, but two pulled out at the start of the season.

Kuco

Knew a couple through my parents who always said that if they won the lottery they’ll emigrate. Well, their numbers came up, won about £2million and buggered off to America so they could be with their daughter. Last I heard of them they were very happy with their new life.

mudshark
    Free Member

Just started on a project and was told a woman I work with won £1.5m last year. I’ve tried to get friendly with her but not getting anywhere.

Bunnyhop

One of my customers was part of a syndicate that won over £10 million on the lottery.

He ended up with about £600,000. Bought a nice house and a pony for their daughter, but the couple kept on working. This was in the late 1990s. They were also quite generous to their family members, non of whom were the jealous types that you often hear about.

imnotamused
    Free Member

Have to say Mav12, that must have been a painful experience watching those EuroMillions winners walk through your office 😥

Parvis
    Free Member

Friend’s girlfriend’s dad won who wants to be a millionaire

Friend of a work colleague won about £4 million on the lottery

I won a tenner the other week

theotherjonv

not me, but a guy I used to work with. His niece was just about 16 (I think – just old enough to play anyway) and won 5 balls plus the bonus on the very first week the lottery started. She won about 75-80 thou. Not a million but at 16 and however many years ago (I’d guess at about 20) quite a substantial sum; you’d certainly have got quite a decent 2 bedroom house for that then. She was still at school……

NZCol

I taught a family who had won ‘considerably more than 10 million’ in NZ to ski once. They were a normal family, i went for dinner and a few beers with them and it was only during that i started to wonder how such a normal family could afford mum+dad+2kids+grandparentsx4 halfway round the world. The bloke eventually fessed up they had won the lottery and decided to get away as they had so much grief from family and greedy acquaintences wanting a bit of it. They were having a ball and I can only congratulate them.

I’ve not won it but i’ve made a few..

mav12
    Free Member

Have to say Mav12, that must have been a painful experience watching those EuroMillions winners walk through your office

just depressing reaaly but not as painfull as the 3 or 4 in their office who werent in the syndacate

imnotamused
    Free Member

Yep, always pay my subs for our office syndicate! No way I’m going to be the only one left picking up the pieces if it ever wins.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Know anyone who's won a million?’ is closed to new replies.