Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Knee problem / Cardiff Physio recommendation?
  • chrispy

Hi all,

It seems I have damaged my knee somehow.
    It is my left knee and it hurts on the inside of the knee whenever I twist my foot to the left.
    I have no idea how this has happened as the only exercise I have done for the last couple weeks is an hour or so a day on a concept rower as I have been revising for exams.
    Does anyone have any tips to help with recovery or can recommend somewhere in Cardiff to go get it looked at?
    I will go see a doctor but that'll take at least a week, maybe 2 and I would like to get this sorted asap.
    Quite gutted as I have a couple weeks off coming up after next week and I haven't had a chance to ride my bike for a while now.

Thanks!

EarlofBarnet
    Free Member

I suffered something similar a few weeks ago (although on my right knee). I think I'd tore my MCL (ligament). Went to the docs who could only suggest rest…which worked to be fair. I still get a little niggle every now and again, but have been back on the bike and weight training as normal.

If I was you, I'd rest fully for a week (or maybe do an upper body session at the gym). Then introduce cycling etc back in to your routine. Look up MCL injuries online and their recommendations for recovery.

Hope you're sorted soon.

borwens
    Free Member

get yrsel to a phisio, sounds like an imballence of yr thigh an inner muscles(vmo). i had simmilar last year an a trip t my phisio sorted it in a couple o weeks…

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

There is a physio on the corner of Crwys road anD Whitchurch road. as you drive down Whitchurch road when you hit the junction it's on the opposite corner diagonally fromthe library! I can't for the life of me think of the name of it, but they were brilliant.

mrfrosty
    Free Member

Know of a good one in risca, with a massive cycling back ground. Sorted me out. No fun not being able to ride.

Tinners

There's a very good clinic at The Vale Hotel near Llantrisant ("The Vale clinic"). Combination of orthopaedic surgeons, sports doctors and physios. They look after quite a few elite sportspeople and professional athletes, as well as members of the public. They'll be very good indeed, but depends how much you want to spend I guess. Worth a ring to find out how much a consultation with a physio will cost.

chrispy

Thanks the advice everyone.

I had problems with this knee a few months ago (felt like something was catching when trying to extend knee every so often and was pretty painful – especially when extending the leg on a downward pedal especially after having a short rest to catch my breath).
    The doctor said it might be an inbalance and gave me some exercises, not convinces they really helped but that problem cleared up after a couple months.
    The doctor was really dismissive of seeing a proper physiotherapist for some reason hence why I want to by-pass the doctor route this time.

Thanks for the heads up on the place on cathays terrace Munqe-chick. It's only a couple minutes from where I live so shall pop in tomorrow and see what sort of money they charge.

Having never been to a physio before, what sort of money do they normally charge?

Thanks again! 😀

seanoc
    Free Member

I can walk again thanks to
    these guys

Easy to find and pretty central to Cardiff; they really, really know their stuff.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Knee problem / Cardiff Physio recommendation?’ is closed to new replies.