Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Knee and elbow pads for small woman – any recommendations?
  • MountainMonkey
    Free Member

It looks like in order to be allowed to do the black runs in Spain, we may have to have some pads.

I’ve never worn pads before so am thinking of buying some of the neoprene ones that I can stuff in my bag for the way up, but I’m having difficulty finding any small enough.

I’m 5’3/4″ and slim – can anyone recommend me some pads that might fit and not cost an arm and a leg? (please excuse the pun)

Thanks!

thepurist

Mrs P has got some 661 Kyle Strait knee pads – she uses the Small but they come in a Youth size too so they might do the job.

nbt

Mrs NBT has “small” size 661 pads for her elbows and has to wear thek, upside down to keep them in place – if worn the right way up they won’t fasten tight enough and just slip down. would advise looking at youth saizes

chilli
    Free Member

My girlfriend has tried many different pads to get a good fit,she didn’t get on with the neoprene type,said they were too sweaty in the end she got the Raceface FR’s in a small and they’re superb,bit pricey but you get what you pay for.

MrAgreeable

It’s one of those things, like helmets, where you really need to try a few different types on and get one that fits well, or it’ll be pretty useless when you need it.

Most of the shops in Bristol stock knee and elbow pads, I know that Psyclewerx in Redland have a good selection. Or there’s a Dainese shop in Old Market who are really helpful. They’re not the cheapest but you should only need to buy it once.

Splat
    Free Member

I’ve got the Dainese ones, which are light and fit me well, but I’m tall and they aren’t neoprene. They do ladies ones now, http://www.cyclesuperstore.ie/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=228&idproduct=21662, which might be worth trying and are a lot cheaper..

MountainMonkey
    Free Member

Thanks all – that’s really helpful! I was going to probably go for the youth Kyle Strait ones (unfortunately forgot to look to try any on at the weekend) but I just had an email from the mtb guides over there who says they’ve got a selection I can try and hire. Sounds like a good cheap option for now.

Thanks for all the tips though! MM

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Knee and elbow pads for small woman – any recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.