Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • klien altitude?
  • aw
    Free Member

I might be looking at a Klein altitude at the weekend.

I think it’s about 2-3 years old…

Can you advise me on how good this bike is and what I would expect to pay?

pimpmyride
    Free Member

Amazing bike, my mate has the Klein Attitude V which I built up for him, its the one with silver/white pearl paint.
    It rides as good as it looks and it looks amazing!!
    He leaves me for dust on rides as its stupidly fast on singletrack/bridleways and goes up hills like nothing iv’e seen.
    If you want I can send you a pic of it?
    Trust me you won’t regret buying it they are pretty special and quite hard to find.

Oh and as to how much to pay thats a bit difficult to say unless you know the spec?
    My buddy paid nearly £500 just for the frame but it is sooooooooooo beautiful 🙂

Hope this helps Stu 🙂

aw
    Free Member

Thanks Stu (pimpmyride)

I had heard they are cool bikes 🙂

I think this one is 4 years old (frame) and 2 year old components.

I hope to see it today or tomorrow 🙂

I would really love a pic…

regards

Andy

pimpmyride
    Free Member

No probs mate will post a pic soon 🙂

mingsta
    Free Member

Lovely bikes of the old-school racey hardtail ilk.

They are pretty special and a pox on Trek for letting the brand go to waste.

njee20
    Free Member

Excellent quality frames, they were let down by poor components on complete bikes (because of the frame quality!) and didn’t sell too well, if it’s in good nick, go nuts.

Check you can fit discs to it, IIRC they never had ‘proper’ disc mounts, only the Trek Disc-go mount which bolter to the dropout.

aw
    Free Member

apparently it has 100mm REBAs forks, hydraulic disc brakes, shimano XT, Chris king headset, quality wheel build with the frame 4 years old in the paerl/white colour for £300?

sounds good?

woffle
    Free Member

if you don;t want it for that, I’ll have it 😆

crikey
    Free Member

nukeproof
    Free Member

sounds good?

Yes…particularily if its all in good nick when you see it.

zaskar
    Free Member

I think Trek still sell them but only in the states last time I checked?

Last time I saw one RS Dukes were new and the frame had a lush green paint job.

khani
    Free Member

mate of mine had a green one like that and it was lush, he put fox f100’s and a set of hope 717 wheels and it was a missile up and down, you will love it!

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

My mate got one about seven years ago. The frame cracked at the head tube/down tube. It was replaced however the replacement hasn’t been that great. Paint quality has been poor, water bottles on the seat tube wore a hole in the down tube and then the threads for said bottle bosses fell out of the frame. Not sure the quality is maybe as good as it was before TREK bought them. Of course it could just have been a rogue but thats quite a lot of issues for a top quality frame.

RichPenny
    Free Member

For £300 with Chris King H/S, Rebas, XT and quality wheels that sounds like a very good price indeed. Sorry to piss on your chips, but have you considered that it might be stolen? Probably not, but it would be worth asking for receipts. Sorry again, I could well be wrong but thought it was worth pointing out.

aw
    Free Member

Well I bought it for £350 in the end. Just got back picking it up and it is lovely. It is that white/pearl colour.

I don’t think it is stolen as I picked it up at a large farm house. The guy seems genuine enough.

I am absolutely delighted with it!

RichPenny
    Free Member

Good to hear that it seems kosher, I think my post might have been subconciously motivated by jealousy, cos I want one 🙂

PICS!!!!

aw
    Free Member

Here it is…

zaskar
    Free Member

Little help (& chin up) 🙂

Go and ride that nice bike AW!

aw
    Free Member

Thanks zaskar!

Rear gear hanger got a bash when I came off on the road so needs sorting but soon as it is done I will be out there!

firestarter
    Free Member

i love those kleins , enjoy looks a great buy for the cash

IWH
    Free Member

Awww, when I saw Klein Altitude I got really excited because I thought it was going to be THE Klein that got me into them (I ended up with a ’97 Adroit, last of the ones made by Klein).

The Attitude is a great bike. Ride it well and enjoy it!

aw
    Free Member

Thanks chaps – It weighs almost nothing compared to my kona cindercone and unit and that includes front suspension fork and gears and stuff!

I would say it rides quite relaxed and upright and not very racey but seems like you go on an all day ride on it no problem.

Hydraulic brakes are amazing!

Front fork is pretty good so far too (for someone not used to suspension)

zaskar
    Free Member

What we need is some ride pics and a new thread for classic bikes!

Start one AW but not until everyones back at work as they’ll be riding Monday! 🙂

loddrik
    Free Member

AW, don’t suppose you fancy selling the frame..?

oldgrump08
    Free Member

That was a stonking deal, enjoy the ride! How did you find it?

aw
    Free Member

Thanks Zaskar and others…I found it on here!

Yes it is a stonking deal.

I do not fancy selling the frame (but if I did how much would you give me – everyone has his price?).

I will start a ‘classic’ bike thread … show me yours! Tonight 😉

Still have not got the rear hanger sorted yet 🙁

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

any excuse 🙂

Jey

if I had to sell all but one bike then this would be the one I kept

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

There probably aren’t many left, but there was a frame from 2000 ish that had a replacebale gear hanger, and klein didn’t reinforce the frame where it attached so they all snapped around the bolt hole.

Other than that, they are great frames, and a lot more comfy than you’d imagine. I had a klein XV with full XTR and Maverick forks and it was superb.

aw
    Free Member

Lovely colours Michael!

BluePalomino
    Free Member

£350!!! F@@K! 😎

djc1245
    Free Member

I’ve got a Klein Adept full suss. A thing of beauty. Bit old and tatty now though.

Not sure if i will ever get the hang of putting pics on here

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘klien altitude?’ is closed to new replies.