Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Dogs: who else doesn’t like ’em?
  • failedengineer

I’ve got my coat ready before I start this – I am sick of dogs. There, I’ve said it! There are far too many of the bloody things, cr*pping everywhere, jumping up at you with filthy paws, barking constantly. The countryside is full of them. Why do people feel the need to have more than one? I’d bring in much stricter controls on breeding and bring back licences. Any dogs caught fouling would be ……. no, I can’t say that. Well, I’m waiting for the inevitable tirade of abuse …..

Jamie
    Free Member

You sir, should be banned.

Pook

a dog scratched me the other day while resting on my arm to lick me. I killed it, and now I’m on a Charles Bronson-esque mission to rid the world of canines.

Either that or I have rabies. I’ve been sniffling since. Am I going to die?

gusamc
    Free Member

Me – well mixed really.

I got savaged as a child (blood etc etc), however a mates dad was a shepherd (did one man and his dog) – amazing to see a well trained dog doing something useful

I have now resolved that next time a dog jumps up at me to start leg humping the owner and barking, whilst my gf shouts “It’s allright, he’s only playing’ ………

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

TJ, that’s who

DezB
    Free Member

I don’t like my dog. It follows me round the house, demands walks every evening, wakes me up at quarter to 6, leaves bits of chewed bone around the place…
    It’s a pain in the arse.

onewheelgood

I simply don’t see the point of them (working dogs excepted). Seems like a lot of hassle for the owners and a lot of unpleasantness inflicted on society – for what?

MrOvershoot

TBH I’m not a great fan of dogs, I don’t hate them I’m just not comfortable with them around (especially big dogs) unfortunately where I live lots of people have dogs, the shite is bad enough but the barking is like fingernails down a blackboard to me.
    I realise that for some people they are a good companion but I just don’t get people who live in towns and have no garden having a dog?

failedengineer

OWG – well put.

Sonor
    Free Member

OWG Seconded.

Just useless sh*t machines.

enfht
    Free Member

I dont have a thing against dogs, more the dog owners who leave their dog’s sh*t everywhere and dont train them enough to have any control when I cycle past. I dont understand the concept of picking up it’s sh*t for it’s entire life, so there must be some return-on-investment I’m missing. I dont understand owners who allow their lives to be ruled a dog, ie going mental everytime someone knocks on your door, yapping all the frickin time, leaving dog hairs everywhere, making your whole house smell of dog and dealing with the poo. Theres something to be said about the environmental impact that our obsession with dogs has, all the meat which is reared just to feed our pooches is also a bit weird to me but hey there you go.

GrahamS

failedengineer earlier:

failedengineer

No death threats yet?

GrahamS

I simply don’t see the point of them (working dogs excepted). Seems like a lot of hassle for the owners and a lot of unpleasantness inflicted on society – for what?

Companionship? Friendship? Love?

scruff
    Free Member

My dog only eats eggs.

Coyote
    Free Member

A well trained dog with a responsible owner who understands that not everyone shares their love of all things canine – absolutely no problem at all.

However my experience suggests that they are very much in the minority.

oh, and don’t get me started on those who treat dogs like little people…

domino

I love dogs, I think they are marvellous creatures and can completely see why they are considered mans best friend. BUT, I accept the fact that I just don’t have enough time to dedicate to a dog – if only other people were as thoughtful instead of buying them and leaving them cooped up indoors and left to run amok when they do get to go walkies. I don’t dislike dogs but I do dislike irresponsable owners.

DezB
    Free Member

Companionship? Friendship? Love?

Security?
    A reason to get outside – important for a lot of people, I’d say.

failedengineer

I guess you have a point about irresponsible owners, but I still think that there are far too many dogs in the first place. The numbers of dogs bred and sold could be cut down dramatically.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

..and all those bags of sh1t hanging from trees

scruff
    Free Member

Everyone loves a cute puppy.

CATS on the otherhand eat birds, mice and other cute things and should be eradicated.

DezB
    Free Member

and all those bags of sh1t hanging from trees

I don’t think the dogs do that

failedengineer

Hey, leave cats alone! (although there are too many of them, too)

snaps
    Free Member

Its not so much the dog but the owner & their lack of ability to train/control/care about what the dog does & who it pi55es off when its running around getting under your front wheel, shiting everywhere & barking at 6am
    Its way to easy for morons to obtain a dog & theres little or nothing done when they decide to not care about its actions.
    I’ve nothing against good well trained dogs in fact I like the dogs my friends have.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I like dogs.

Couldn’t eat a whole one, mind…

molgrips
    Free Member

I am not overly keen on most dogs, I must say. They are a bit too hyper and goofily stupid for me – often. A nice chilled out well trained dog like my Auntie’s was nice tho, a pleasure to be around. No jumping up, licking, pestering, just a good companion for long walks etc (sounds like a personal ad).

I prefer cats. And yes I know there are problems with them too.

Filthy
    Free Member

Completely agree, bring back the dog license and tag all dogs that way the owners can be made responsible for thier dogs actions. The only useful dogs are working dogs. Cant stand the **** things.

GrahamS

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

I have 2 cats and a dog…. does that mean you all hate me 🙁

Got the dog mainly to keep me company when working away from home (he comes with me and often sits under a bush watching me work). He is also a good excuse to get out and have some exercise even when the weather is crappy. Being a Border Collie he needs quite a lot of walks too! His poo gets scooped, unless it is out of harms way (he likes to deposit in deep undergrowth, which is fine by me – can rot down naturally without causing any one a problem, and is much better than festering in a black bag in landfill for the next few hundred years). He is very, very rarely on a lead – mainly because Collies are pants on leads, it just isn’t in their nature! He does, however, come to me when I call. Will walk beside me (for a short while, before getting bored cos I go too slow) when told. Will wait when told. Generally is well trained and kind of obedient – not my doing, he used to be a farm dog!

My cats on the other hand are mini-extinction events. They are currently house cats though so the local wildlife populous in these parts is safe. Until we buy a house and put a cat flap back in (though my Maine Coon is rather enjoying being a house cat so may decide not to bother going outside much, and he was the main culpret in the wholesale slaughter of wild animals when we were up in Scotland).

Sandwich

Maine Coons the Terminators of the cat world.

BoardinBob

Yawn

hora
    Free Member

You know your getting older when you start questioning the fabric of our society. Posters, you should appear on that old grumpy men program!

gtkid
    Free Member

Personally I find humans more of a problem than dogs, which tend to take you as they find you. I also quite like the way they greet each other by sniffing eachs others back ends 😉

hora
    Free Member

Our dog is a user. Hangs around until he gets what he wants, tuna etc then disapears to sit at the top of the stairs/landing if he doesnt get it.

scruff
    Free Member

This ickle pup

matured into this athlete

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Dogs: who else doesn’t like ’em?’ is closed to new replies.