Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Klepper folding kayaks
  • Vader
    Free Member

Me and MrsV are thinking about getting a klepper kayak to do some trips in europe next summer. They are super popular in germany but over here they are like hens teeth – we were lucky to get a quick go in one and had a look at a similar copy but that is about it.

Since then I have been searching the interconnected web for second hand ones in vain but I was wondering if anyone on here had one? What do you think of it? Have you used it as much as you thought and where have you been in it?

V

matt_outandabout

Song of the paddle has a few owners, and folding canoes from Sweden.

Vader
    Free Member

ah yes song of the paddle…..a fine place to while away an hour or three

trademark
    Free Member

PakCanoes are highly rated.
    Also, Ally canoes.
    SOTP members ‘Lowlander’ and ‘Paddler.nl’ have both the above.

gowerboy

Kleppers are lovely I haven’t got one but I have got a Folbot Greenland 2. It is similar to a Klepper Double, but cheaper, lighter and made of less traditional materials. It isn’t better than a Klepper which is a very nice quality boat but I think it is good value for money.

I don’t use it so much now as I paddle a sea kayak lots. I used to live in the Dominical Republic where I used it loads. It is stable and very seaworthy – but obviously the volume means that if you did swamp it you would have some work to do to get it empty.

I have used it for long days out and crossings in quite lumpy seas. I have also spent hours pooling around the coast with my kids when they were younger.

I bought it because having virtually grown up in my parents Klepper, I wanted a Klepper but couldn’t afford one!

These days it spends most of its time stored in the loft but I still have some trips planned for it. Coming from paddling my sea boat, it takes some getting used to as the paddles are long, it’s very wide and deep and as for rolling it…….

Have a look here

It’s a long time since I have looked at folding kayaks but there were a range of different boats about. I would love a Feathercraft…

Vader
    Free Member

thanks all…yes gowerboy that is the sort of thing. The folbot looks nice too but also pretty rare on these shores

I am still getting my head round the price of a new boat. I guess they keep their value in the longer term but still it is a big outlay.

plus you can sail em. Awesome.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTsQfObbuFAe0GOLURBXgpQoyx6F9Xk-iOCOHshcFaT1ucLA3YSsA

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Klepper folding kayaks’ is closed to new replies.