Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Winter boots (mtb).
  • YoKaiser
    Free Member

Looking for some suggestions, recommendations or something that’s caught your eye.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Mt91 are what i just replaced my mw02s as my winter boots for next year really comfy for walking in as well as warm and waterproof

postierich
    Free Member

as above !!! 🙂

Twodogs

Lake MXZ303….warm, waterproof, comfy. I get very cold feet and these boots keep me toasty warm

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

Lake MXZ303….warm, waterproof, comfy. I get very cold feet and these boots keep me toasty warm

Believe me, these are warm!
    And they come in wide fittings if you have flippers for feet.

carlos
    Free Member

Northwave Artic here and I think they’re great. Not too expensive off the Germans either

They replaced a pair of Shimano MW’s, which I was happy enough with, but they were battered.

The Northwaves are more comfy, warmer and a better fit imo, BUT as all boots they still let water in the big hole at the top

cheshirecat
    Free Member

Got MW81s last winter, and it’s a revelation. Warm, dry feet all the time. I tend to wear roubaix type tights in winter, so the water doesn’t tend to get in the top.

Haven’t tried any others, but happy with what I have.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Sledge defrosters, with all the bottoms add some endura singletrack trousers to stop water coming in the top and you will be 100% dry and warm. I used this all last year, previously had NW Arctic and 45 N. Only defrosters are 100% waterproof.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

Northwave Artic

+1

I’ll be selling a VGC eu45 pair soon (I have two pairs…)

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Another Northwave fan here. I have square feet and they fit rather nicely.

As above, they’re only as waterproof as the big hole in the top, but I’ve found using Smartwool merino has been really effective, stays warm when wet.

thorlz
    Free Member

Northwave artic user here too.
    Happy with them, much prefer them to my previous Shimano MW81

z1ppy

Rate my mw81’s, but my mxz303’s were a worthwhile next step up

rone

Got both mw81 and lake 303. Both great with the 303 being better at keeping water out of the cuff. I do love the mw81 though and ride it more than just winter. It’s being replaced this season with the looks of it so there are some deals knocking around.

PMK2060

I also have the Shimano mw81s and rate them highly.

zigzag69
    Free Member

Will be buying a pair of winter boots in the next week or two. MT91s are winning so far. I like the fact the sole is properly waterproof with cleats. Plus vibram sole for hike-a-biking, and can do double-duty as a normal walking boot.

stevied
    Free Member

These new Mavic’s look interesteing: http://www.acycles.co.uk/mavic-crossmax-sl-pro-thermo-mtb-shoes-2016-14548.html
    Happy with the Alpine XL’s so tempted to give these a go for winter

MSP

I have the northwave artic and spesh defroster, prefer the northwave.

*quick tip, after you have fitted the cleats and got them into your preferred position seal the hole up by dripping candlewax into it.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Those mavics do look interesting. The Lakes mzx303’s are current favourites I’m thinking. Shimano boots are tempting but the cuffed types are leading mostly because I’ll use these on the road too. Much higher chance of deluge.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

I like the candle wax tip, I’ve also heard of silicone sealant being used, never managed to get round to it though.

kcal

I have the precursor to the MT91s – the MT90s – and they are on their last legs TBH.

I find them great as a n all year outdoor boot, if I’m on a big day out I’ll probably wear these over a shoe, protection for ankles being one reason. They’re probably not waterproof any more, they size a bit small (esp. if you put on thick socks) and the bit round the top still funnels water (gaiters/ puttees?)

Mind you I still have a pair of the W101s (I think that’s the model, sort of winterised DH boot) – they’re blue/yellow – as well 🙂

YoKaiser
    Free Member

I still have a pair of 101’s too, the red and black ones, those were my last winter boots.

ransos
    Free Member

I’ll be selling a VGC eu45 pair soon (I have two pairs…)

May be interested…email in profile.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Winter boots (mtb).’ is closed to new replies.