Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Kinesis Racelight fork recall
  • Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Thats sad news,

I do wonder how fast was he going?

fattyre500
    Free Member

His garmin recorded a speed of 20mph and showed the time of the accident. He had laid in the road for 90 mins before being found by a member of the public (very quiet road I know well myself).What’s scary about this is the amount of these forks out there still.The matter has been reported to trading standards.
    A good man lost.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Makes the ICE head impact sensor/auto emergency SMS thingymagig….seem like a good idea

🙁

cheddarchallenged
    Free Member

On the subject of recalls, CsG / cannondale still haven’t made any substantial effort to publicise a recall of OPI / lefty steerer tubes supplied over a 4 year period in Europe.

Although they eventually started a recall in Europe more than a year after they were forced into doing so in the USA and dealers have records of who the bikes with OPI stems / steerer tubes were sold to, they don’t seem to have made any effort to ask retaillers to contact the customers with bikes that still have unsafe stems fitted.

bensales
    Free Member

Full info on the recall here

http://www.kinesisbikes.co.uk/AdditionalDepartments/Footer-Content/Recalls/RACELIGHT-T-CARBON-FORK-2003-2009-RECALL-NOTICE

Quite glad this came up. I’ve got one of the affected forks that I was about to put on eBay this morning.

bensales
    Free Member

I’ve also emailed the author of the Halstead Gazette article asking her to publish the recall URL. Seems silly she has a quote from Kinesis but not their info about how to get your fork replaced.

Yak

Sad news.
    Thanks for the headsup though. I passed the recall onto a mate who is riding one of these.

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

Emailed a link to this thread to a colleague yesterday, he has 4 or 5 kinesis bikes. 2 now need new forks………

finbar
    Free Member

I rode one of those forks for years 😯

pictonroad

I took mine back for a recall, got one of those DC07 forks in exchange. So, I paid for a full carbon fork, at my own inconvenience I get to swap it for an alloy steerer model.

Thanks Upgrade bikes. 🙄

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

Looks like the ones in the recall aren’t full carbon, carbon legs and steerer, aluminium crown to hold it all together.

cp

So, I paid for a full carbon fork,

the recall clearly states not applicable to full carbon versions, only ones with the alu crown.

trail_rat
    Free Member

shit.

mrs has been riding a set of those for fooking years .

did not know about this.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Full Carbon Racelight T (RT) – 2003/2005

looks like full carbon are up for recall. – then below it says full carbon are not affected …. mixed messages much ?

pictonroad

So, I paid for a full carbon fork,
    the recall clearly states not applicable to full carbon versions, only ones with the alu crown.

OK, carbon steerer then, I’m not very good on road stuff.

pictonroad

Upgrade have been in touch, apparently the new fork is better, carbon steerer issues aside, ignore my ill informed drivel.

James

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Poor guy.

Hope his family sue the pants of Kinesis/suppliers.

innit_gareth
    Free Member

I had one of these forks and rode them for about 4 years. 7 months ago the carbon and alloy parted company over the course of a couple of rides (it felt like the front hub started to get lots of play in it and got progressively worse to the point that it felt like the whole front of the bike was about to collapse under me particularly when heading downhill at speed which was very worrying at the time …. – at that point I noticed it was the forks and not anything else).

As the forks were pretty well used I eventually binned them (wish I’d held onto them now) and bought a new set.

My forks were 2010/2011 DC07.

andyt1054
    Free Member

Very much a case of mixed messages!!

project
    Free Member
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Kinesis Racelight fork recall’ is closed to new replies.