Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Can 140mm 29er Pikes be converted to 150mm?
  • davosaurusrex

Googled it but there’s loads of conflicting info. Thought I’d ask on here in the hope that Loco or someone who has done it (or established it can’t be done) can advise? Mine are 2013 RCT if that makes any difference. Got a new bike itch and the Nukeproof Mega 290 frame is tempting me…

LoCo
    Free Member

Yes, just change the air shaft, they can go up to 160mm max.

The people saying they can’t are probably confusing them with Revelations which are 140mm max in 29er spec. 😉

sandal100

Part number 11.4018.026.004 for 29″ 150mm. I have a 160mm air shaft 29″ for sale?

poey50
    Free Member

Davosaurusrex .. you seem to be living my life. I’ve just ordered a Mega 290 frame from Ubyk and I was wondering how to manage with my 140mm Pikes and had Googled myself to a standstill. Now I’m a happier bunny.

br
    Free Member

LoCo – stop surfing on here and answer my sales email 🙂

davosaurusrex

Thanks fellas.

Loco – how much roughly would a full service and travel change be?

Sandal – how much are you asking?

Poey – gizza go mister!

sandal100

Hi,

I am asking £20 posted or can help fit if nearby to Wakefield

SirHC

On a slightly related note, am I right in saying that I can use a 27.5 120mm air shaft to achieve a 29″ Pike with 100mm travel?

sandal100

That would be the part to make 29″ 100mm but I think it would need 5 or 6 bottomless tokens and SRAM don’t list that as an option on their charts, they do list the 27.5″ 120mm though and the 29″ box is blank

craig5

Sandal 100, I will have the shaft part thing if the OP doesn’t want. It

davosaurusrex

I’ll pass on it thanks, I’d need a 150

yorkycsl
    Free Member

Apologies for the slight Hi jack, I may be selling some new in the box 2016 RCT3 29er 150 pikes as I’m building a new bike & picked up some near new Fox Fit 4 150’s which I prefer.

davosaurusrex

No doubt far more cost effective to get mine converted but how much are you looking for?

yorkycsl
    Free Member

davosaurusrex

If I sell them it’s 470 new in the box, ideally I’d like to try them but I think I’m going with the fox forks to be honest as I have them on my bronny & really like them.

davosaurusrex

Hmmm, could be interested if someone buys my Sultan….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Can 140mm 29er Pikes be converted to 150mm?’ is closed to new replies.