Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Kindles – a slightly different question.
  • thegreatape
    Free Member

I know we’ve done them loads recently, however…

I’ve got one sat here, just bought, which is for my mum’s birthday next month. It’s come automatically linked to my Amazon account, so I have to remove it from there so she can register it to hers. The question is, if I put a couple of books on it now, then deregister/reregister it, do they get removed from it (like an iPod does), or will they stay on it?

Thanks

beej

Have you thought of checking on the Amazon site, perhaps in the support section?

uplink
    Free Member

do they get removed from it (like an iPod does),

yes, they do

thegreatape
    Free Member

beej, I did. It said once deregistered things I’d bought would no longer be delivered to it. I don’t know if this means no longer sent to it, or no longer on it. I phoned them too, and after ten minutes was told ‘we don’t know, maybe’, which was helpful!

uplink, I’ll save myself the bother then.

beej

That’s a bit annoying – you’d think it was a fairly common question. I gave my mum amazon vouchers with her kindle so she could start loading it up.

thegreatape
    Free Member

That’s what they suggested to me.

frogfarmer
    Free Member

I bought my gf one,it was registered to me,I put some books on for her,she re-registered it and the books stayed on.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Oh. Is it correct that there are a few free ones? Could try that I suppose.

beej

Loads of free ones – old classics and some newer stuff (from authors you’ve never heard of).

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Kindles – a slightly different question.’ is closed to new replies.