Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • 'kin 'ell! Truck/Car Interface error….
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member
    breakneckspeed
    Free Member

That just a scary as pacemaker clip

grahamt1980

Holy crap, you reckon the driver needed much counselling after that one?

Jamie
    Free Member

pacemaker
    Free Member

It is real too…
    It was recorded by a passenger of a recovery truck, driven by a friend of mine, who works for Sirells recovery in Leeds.
    He saw it in his mirror and the passenger started recording it, as he was towing he was powerless to do anything!

molgrips
    Free Member

That is seriously amazing. That lorry driver is licensed to drive!

blades2000
    Free Member

I hope before they started filming they called the police.

I can see how it would happen and the truck driver would have no idea the car was there you just wouldn't see it.

molgrips
    Free Member

Some kind of noise? When the car hit? Jesus, are we supposed to expect trucks to own the road and mash cars out of the way just because they are big? Christ!

molgrips
    Free Member

Is someone in the car btw?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Clever piece of videoshopping

blades2000
    Free Member

I think that there is someone in the car, the brake lights are on.
    Reading through the comments below the video seems to indicate there was someone in the car.

Houns

Yeah someone who is pressing the brake pedal pretty damn hard!

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Not seen that variation before, but I've seen other lorry/car accidents where the lorry driver simply could not see, hear or feel what was happening.

I was involved in one accident where I ended up driving a truck over a Merc A-class that tried to undertake me while I was changing lane in a one way system/gyratory. (I WAS indicating). First I knew of it was when the crunch came. Even then I still couldn't *see* the car out of the windows or in the mirrors (down by my front left wheel). Yes the visibility really is that restricted.

Moral of the story is – "give commercial vehicles LOTS & LOTS of space".

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

I'd give the drivers of HGV's even more. Shame to spill they're coffee on page 3 of the sun while texting and driving. Crazy (overworked) buggers.

kimbers

they stop pressing the brake pedal about 13 second in

muddy@rseguy

Having seen this kind of thing happen on the M25: Foreign Truck changing lane and not seeing the Audi just ahead and on the right…

Actually Ive seen about five accidents (one fatal) like this over 7 years of using the M25 but the trucks always stopped…

Got in a similar situation when a Polish articulated truck decided to change lane next to me after his mate just ahead of me pulled out…try doing an emergency stop in fiat punto in the middle lane (moving into the outside lane would have caused me to crash into cars alongside ) in heavy traffic at 70mph…terrifying doesn't cover it.

I really dont like HGVs

molgrips
    Free Member

First I knew of it was when the crunch came

Exaclty.. you KNEW about it…

I always expect lorries to pull out infront of me when passing on motorways, and I am often not disappointed.. I really don't know if they can't see (in whcih case something needs to be done about that) or they don't bother to look; or if they just don't care and expect me to move.

bullheart
    Free Member

Holy Moly!

Suppose it increases the car's fuel economy though.

stonemonkey
    Free Member

the fact that I drove past Wetherby yesterday just make me hope i am never in this situation!

ojom
    Free Member

aye but any saving on the fuel will be offset by new tyres, wing, 2 doors, wing mirror, new seat from literally shitting yourself and of course a lifetime of taxi hire charges cause you wouldnt want to drive ever again 😀

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

From the website of Arclid (The owners of the truck involved);

Equipped with the latest blowing equipment, you can rely on a quiet and speedy discharge.

I suspect the driver of the car was having a speedy discharge, but I somehow doubt it was quiet!

ourmaninthenorth

or they don't bother to look; or if they just don't care and expect me to move.

My experience of working as a driver's mate when a student was definitely that (a) they couldn't give one and (b) they'd often do it deliberately with the words "well it won't hurt me".

The only worse paid* drivers are in charge of us to 70 people on a bus. Oh and taxi drivers.

*I refuse to use the word "professional" as that suggests they consider their greater duties to other road holders, rather than not caring.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

The road must have been very wet – otherwise I would have expected the cars 4 tyres to be seriously smoking.

thekingisdead
    Free Member

Do Toyota make HGV's now?

izakimak
    Free Member

It looks like the car driver has changed lanes and not finished overtaking the truck so the as the car moves over the n/s front corner of the truck ha scome into contact with the car and spun it round. The dashboard's in daf trucks are quite deep so the driver sit's quite away back from the windscreen. All newer trucks have a mirror mounted above the windscreen so the driver can see directly below the windscreen.

molgrips
    Free Member

I'd have gone alongside or infront of the truck and beeped at him till he got the message something was wrong. Or just slowed down and forced him to stop – from a distance where he could see.

meeeee
    Free Member

cant find this in any news / paper reports… i wonder if its some kind of viral ad

Jamie
    Free Member

Fake.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

A quote from ARCLID's website….

Our service is our strength. We have developed an unsurpassed reputation for delivery where you want it, when you want it – swiftly and safely….

izakimak
    Free Member

Well it was certainly going swiftly 😛

sofatester
    Free Member

cant find this in any news / paper reports… i wonder if its some kind of viral ad

For what exactly? Bridgestone durability? Vodafone video phones?

boxelder

Czech driver on wrong side of road killed the fella who delivered papers near us last night.
    🙁

alpin
    Free Member

i've got a lot of respect for truckies…. they've got a hard job as it is without dicks in BMWs or grannies in Pandas skitting about around them.

some of them are obviously idiots, but you'll find that in all trades.

if you can't see their mirrors, they can't see you. treat them as you would a cyclist; think for them and preempt what they might do.

oh, and don't brake sharply infront of them. your saloon brakes a lot quicker than his 18 wheeler and it takes him ages to build up speed/momentum.

… my best mate's old man used to be a truckie and had a fleet of 25 trucks before politics, fuel prices and the recession ruined his business .

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Again, I'm suspecting it's fake…wouldn't the Clio end up rolling and getting mashed by the truck? Even on a wet road, the tyres would smoke wouldn't they?

IanMunro
    Free Member

assuming it was a fake, what would it be advertising?

ex-pat
    Free Member

Man Nappies.
    Scotch.
    Life insurance.
    Will authoring service (by phone).

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

The transport company Ian? No matter WTF gets in our way, we'll deliver your load. Speedy and clean discharge promised!!

cbike
    Free Member

sales@arclidtransport.co.uk

Ask them? I did….

toys19
    Free Member

cbike – Member

sales@arclidtransport.co.uk

Ask them? I did….

And what did they say?

Jamie
    Free Member

And what did they say?

No comment but it is genuine?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘'kin 'ell! Truck/Car Interface error….’ is closed to new replies.