Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Kielder Calling this weekend
  • carbon337
    Free Member

Anyone doing this – just noticed its on this weekend.

What is involved in an Enduro – say the 3hr one – Just a 3 hour race? Never done any racing/events before.

dickydutch

I'll be there but only in a pit support role for a mate. As many laps as you can do in three hours I guess. Not sure how long a lap is yet mind.

carbon337
    Free Member

so its not one of these downhill things with timed sections? Never done anything like this before and I'm tempted to go and have a look but not if its all XC whippets on 80mm carbon hardtails and lycra.

warton
    Free Member

I'd be interested to see how many people turn up for this one. heard nothing about it on any forums really, and I imagine its costing a fair bit to put on….

Kahurangi

I'm there doing 6hrs solo. 9 km laps, so might get a bit repetitive 😕

I'm a bit of a whippet and will be in lycra as it's my comfiest gear for 6 hrs. I'm on no 80 mm carbon HT though; I'm on my 140 mm 456!!!

I have a mate who's marshalling but noone else I know is going.

Likewise, I haven't heard much on forums, though about putting a shout out to see if anyone else is going, but you beat me to it 😛

Kahurangi

*bump* for the night before.

It's going to be a wee bit wet over there, eh?

Last minute roll call? Anyone?

STATO
    Free Member

eh? what? when did this turn up, has this been advertised at all? gutted, id have loved to do this but far to late to get organised. Once again crap advertisment by a race organiser.

dickydutch

Got a couple of mates riding.agreed on the crap advertising though.was surprised when I heard it was still going on.might head up in the afternoon and see what's going on.

Kahurangi

if you are going to turn up, the timetable is…

7am Start 12 Hour Enduro
    9 am Start 6 Hour Enduro
    10am Start 3 Hour Enduro
    10.30am Demo Bikes available Kona, Yeti, Commencal (dedicated loop)
    12-4pm Little Wheelies Obstacle Course open for rides
    12-4pm Kids Demo area open
    1pm 3 Hour Enduro finish
    12-4pm Skills Loop Course all ages and abilities
    3pm 6 Hour Enduro finish
    7pm 12 Hour Enduro finish
    7.30pm Podium Party entry and drinks
    8pm Podium Presentations and Prize Giving
    8.30pm BBQ and drinks

/edit – ditto on the advertising. I heard of it through one mate and saw a poster in the EBC newcastle shop, which is more than I've seen from any other event, excepting online advertising.

dickydutch

Any reports on how this went?! Didnt make it up in the end.

white101

I think JonT won the enduro, I was there at the prize giving bit and it didn't look like there were to many around, pity it was a cracking day weather wise.
    Wasn't racing BTW.

dickydutch

Shame really. Events at Kielder are usually really well attended. I reckon it's a function of the lack of advertising, which is probably due to the lack of time they perhaps had to organise it?
    Mate said only 10 people rode in the six hour?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Kielder Calling this weekend’ is closed to new replies.