• This topic has 33 replies, 29 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by NZCol.
Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Kids strange eating habits.
  • zippykona

Just saw a 2 year old eating a raw green pepper like it was an apple.
    Her mum said she quite often grabs one in the grocers and starts eating one before she can stop her.

molgrips
    Free Member

My neice does that with tomatoes, she’s obsessed. When she was about 3 her mum once bought 2lbs of tomatoes, put the bag on the kitchen table for 5 mins, came back and she’d scoffed the lot.

bearnecessities

I have a vague memory of eating insects.

johndoh
    Free Member

I used* to eat toenails, skin, earwax and snot.

*Honestly I don’t do it now…

29erKeith
    Free Member

On the other end of the scale my son (2 YO) seems to be turning into a carnivore! he picks the meat out of every meal and then we struggle to get him to eat anything else 😥

bencooper
    Free Member

<middle class parent>

Our daughter’s first word was brie.

</middle class parent>

Won’t touch the stuff now, of course.

mark90
    Free Member

Our daughter used to be the same with peppers, and mushrooms. Still eats peppers but won’t touch mushrooms raw or cooked.

maccruiskeen

I have a vague memory of eating insects.

I used to suck pebbles, or anything I found in the dirt that I though was a pebble – beetles for instance.

For a long time I’d only eat spam, to the extent whenever we were going on holiday there would have to be a fortnights supply in the suitcase. I then widened my repertoire to spam and mash. Fearing for my health my mum would mix eggs and ground up vitamin tablets into the mash. This backfired as I’d them only eat my mums mash as anyone else’s mash tasted funny.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

My lad has broccoli on pizza

MoreCashThanDash

My lad won’t touch fruit. Apart from the mashed up pear we put in his ready been every morning.

We had hoped that moving up to secondary school would broaden his nutritional horizons. 🙄 He starts cookery lessons after Christmas, should be fun!

binners

Binnerette number 1 (aged 10) has just announced she was becoming a vegetarian. On explaining the implications of this, she’s decided on a broader definition: ‘vegetarian who eats sausage, bacon and chicken’

Binnerette number 2 will eat absolutely anything, but will happily sit there shovelling a tin after tin of sweet corn into her gob with a spoon

emsz
    Free Member

still eats raw mushrooms

I’ve added humus to my raw peppers now though

jimjam
    Free Member

I used to eat coal. So I’ve been told.

Harry_the_Spider

My 5 year old daughter is still partial to a good sozed bogie every now and again.

My 7 year old lad likes to lick all the spoons clean after cooking before they go in the dishwasher. Mustard, curry paste, whatever… it all goes in.

ads678

My daughters favorite snack since being 2 has been Black Olives, pickled onions and cornichons!! she going off pickled onions now though.

She saw me once dip some broccoli in the gravy jug at the end of a meal and now that is the only way she will eat broccoli, she’ll eat endless amounts of the stuff like though so we don’t stop her!

hooli

My lad will eat an entire jar of gherkins if you let him, once I did and the world fell out of his arse

rocketman
    Free Member

When she was a toddler my niece used to have a hard time IYKWIM on the toilet. Parents responded by only feeding her liquidised slop

Now 15 YEARS LATER she still only eats liquidised slop

Just saying like

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Daughter used to eat bowls of spinach, prefered it to ice cream.

hels
    Free Member

I eat raw peppers all the time – what is wrong with that ? They taste nicer like that. I also eat raw unpeeled carrots. Anything to get the 5 a day.

Please don’t stigmatise a kid for healthy eating.

mogrim

I eat raw peppers all the time – what is wrong with that ? They taste nicer like that. I also eat raw unpeeled carrots. Anything to get the 5 a day.

Please don’t stigmatise a kid for healthy eating.

I think it was more the fact that a two year old would like it, rather than there was anything wrong with it…

moshimonster
    Free Member

IME 2 year olds don’t understand or care about what is considered “normal” eating practice. They just eat whatever they happen to like and the rest gets chucked on the floor.

hels
    Free Member

What, so two year olds should only eat processed cereal and chicken nuggets ?

slowoldman

I used to enjoy the odd dog biscuit or two. Only the big ones though.

beefheart
    Free Member

When mine was 2, he helped himself to 2 entire cucumbers out of the fridge.
    I was well impressed.

moshimonster
    Free Member

Who suggested that?

njee20
    Free Member

I think it was more the fact that a two year old would like it, rather than there was anything wrong with it…

And to eat one just like an apple is pretty random, particularly to the extent she’s taking them off the shelf to do so…

Srsly? Calm down.

monkeychild
    Free Member

I wish my 2 would eat veg. They used to eat it no probs but they go yuk now?? Eldest will eat raw carrots no probs. Fruit isn’t an issue and they hardly get any biscuits etc.

Hope it’s a “phase”

ads678

Both my kids are weird, neither of them will eat cheese on toast! Whats that all about?

dirtyrider
    Free Member

My lad won’t touch fruit. Apart from the mashed up pear we put in his ready been every morning.

We had hoped that moving up to secondary school would broaden his nutritional horizons.

hang on, you make him breakfast, and still hide fruit in it, and he’s at secondary school?

😆

warton
    Free Member

Noah, who is 18 months just sucks his food, then at regular intervals throughout his meal opens his mouth, and spits out a mouthful of sucked food.

bizarre.

jon1973
    Free Member

Someone didn’t get enough sleep last night.

moshimonster
    Free Member

I wish my 2 would eat veg. They used to eat it no probs but they go yuk now??

Similar here. They will still eat carrots for some reason, usually under duress, but most other veggies are a non-starter. We made a big effort at the start to get them into veggies and it appeared to be working, but somewhere along the line we failed 🙁 We eat loads of veggies ourselves, so it’s certainly not by example.

franksinatra

My 5 year old point blank refused to eat lamb stew last night as he hates it so much. Luckily, he was quite happy to have an alternitive meal of lamb in gravy with potatoes.

NZCol

Mine eats anything. And i mean anything, chilli the other night with rice and tortillas. Shes 2. The takeaway chicken tikka jalfrezi was deemed by her as ‘ot ot ot’ and yuk so that’s probably a no but she does like a dhall. Only thing definitely no is liver.

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Kids strange eating habits.’ is closed to new replies.