• This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by csb.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Kids bike seats/helmets
  • scrumfled
    Free Member

So, Im keen to get the 18month old gremlin out on the bike, if only to wear the little bast….erm angel, out.

Some initial noseying and recommendations have pointed at the hamax stuff. Now Im about to look at helmets, but i wondered how long these tend to fit them for? Im inclined to get something cheap thats got a CE mark…..

Advice from experience is welcome!

ChipkoAndolan

My son wears a Specialized Small Fry, they’re pretty reasonable priced. He’s had it for 6 months and his head has grown somewhat in that time. All kids’ helmets come with an advertised size range that they will fit, so I’d recommend measuring your child’s head around its widest part and picking a helmet which covers that size at its lowest limit and which has plenty of adjustability to reach its maximum quoted size, that way you’ll get a good period of use out of it.
    Hamax Siesta is his chariot seat of choice.
    It does little to tire him out though!

ctk
    Free Member

Front mounted seats are good for littler ones maybe Yepp? I had a weeride but it got in the way of my knees a bit. It was good chatting to the kids as I went though.

Home Bargains had Bell kids helmets in @ £5 a couple of weeks ago.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Met Elfo FTW.
    Light, secure, strong and importantly is designed specifically to protect the fontanel which doesn’t solidify until kids are a bit older, and it has a flat back, so doesn’t bang on seat-backs.

scrumfled
    Free Member

thanks chaps, food for thought.

csb

Careful with the Hamax, and all the ones that fit with a bracket on the seat tube. I couldn’t fit one on a top cabled front mech inbred frame because the cable stop and cable was in the way.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Kids bike seats/helmets’ is closed to new replies.