Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 110 total)
  • Every day they ask 'when will we start feeling our legs again?'
  • noteeth
    Free Member
    bigjim

I hope he gets shafted every which way in prison. Should be paralysed from the waist down himself.

wilko1999
    Free Member

Read this earlier and it sounds like he did everything he could to deny it and make up some jackanory story. Disgusting bully – here’s hoping he’ll be on the receiving end during his time at Her Majesty’s pleasure

therevokid
    Free Member

what a complete and utter C@:T

martinhutch

Dashcam footage like that, two girls horribly injured, and he denies it in court. What a revolting scumbag.

‘Off-road driving instructor’…

I do wonder how the girls will be properly compensated. Will his insurers use the criminal element of his behaviour to refuse the claim? If so, I hope that the family take every penny and possession he has to pay for their rehabilitation and care.

vondally
    Free Member

At times like these I struggle with the sentencing delivered, I realise that sentencing can be limited by statues and so on but in this case it is truly paltry, the law has failed the victims of the crime.

fisha
    Free Member

How could anyone deny such a charge especially when the evidence is so compelling? Really makes me angry that.

Idiot.

As for sentencing, what gets me is that it could be out in half for his behaviour…

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

What a ****.

As an aside, have offenders addresses always been published? As noticed the Beeb and others post this guys several times.

Andrew Nay, 39, of Harrier Close, Weldon, Corby, has been jailed for four-and-a-half years for causing a crash which left two young sisters paralysed.

Beeb

slowoldgit
    Free Member

I think the press are free to publish anything said in Court, unless instructed otherwise.

(edit) maybe not until the case finishes.

martinhutch

As an aside, have offenders addresses always been published?

Yes. National media sometimes doesn’t bother, local press always does.

Sometimes you do it if there is another Andrew Nay living in Corby and you don’t want to libel him.

bails

Will his insurers use the criminal element of his behaviour to refuse the claim? If so, I hope that the family take every penny and possession he has to pay for their rehabilitation and care.

I think that only works for the policy holder – so if I crash into someone while hammered, my insurance won’t pay to replace my car, but they would still have to pay out for the harm I cause to third parties.

In this case, he’s unlikely to have assets anywhere near the value of a lifetime of rehab and adaptations to houses, cars etc so I hope the insurers cough up.

Normally on dash/helmetcam threads people pop up to say how cam users are looking for trouble and cause it all themselves. Somehow I doubt we’ll be seeing that here.

Klunk
    Free Member

that’s only about 4.5 miles from me, going by todays road ride there’s still plenty of similar nutters on Northants roads.

Coyote
    Free Member

It really is about time that the penalties for driving offenses actually reflected the magnitude of the effect that they have. Dangerous driving is one thing but when the outcome is as devastating as this then the punishment must reflect that. Four and a half years means he could be out in two and a half. There is no mention of a driving ban either. Again I don’t think that a life ban would be excessive. 10 years is certainly justifiable. As for compensation, he should be made to contribute a % of his income to the girls for the rest of his miserable existance.

martinhutch

I think that only works for the policy holder – so if I crash into someone while hammered, my insurance won’t pay to replace my car, but they would still have to pay out for the harm I cause to third parties.

Cheers for clarifying that. Hopefully he’ll end up penniless and destitute anyhow.

cranberry
    Free Member

At 00:01 in that video you can see that he is undertaking and swerving in front of another car – an unbelievable piece of driving. Four and a half years seems far too little.

Road rage should as a matter of course, attract a minimum of a 10 year driving ban.

jambalaya
    Free Member

4 year driving ban.

Neither the prison sentence or the driving ban are sufficient, no where near

xico
    Free Member

Those poor little girls, this story just broke my heart.

Harry_the_Spider

Crikey.

The sentence isn’t long enough.

Daffy

4.5 years in prison was the maximum sentence, I believe.

I personally hope he gets the Swordfish treatment whilst inside and someone pays

“two ball-busting skinheads to make a playground out of your ass.”

That man should never be allowed to drive again, and at times like this, I think an eye-for-an-eye, might be quite deserving.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Almost worth bringing back the death penalty just for him.

Absolute ****.

Drac

At 00:01 in that video you can see that he is undertaking and swerving in front of another car – an unbelievable piece of driving

That’s the road rage part I believe. He’s an utter dangerous idiot who got off likely, I’d be waiting outside the prison gate on his release.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

How could anyone deny such a charge especially when the evidence is so compelling?

That tells the story though. Fair enough; moment of madness; everyone is susceptible to that. But **** hell, hold your hands up and admit your guilt.

Absolute ****

gwaelod
    Free Member

He might be feeling hard done by as according to this a childs life is only worth £90

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/05/26/hands-free-driver-who-knocked-over-and-killed-boy-7-was-only-han/

I’m not sure which of these two stories has depressed me more today.

chewkw
    Free Member

I got angry reading that news so i had to read something else.

That sentence is just a joke.

fin25
    Free Member

I grew up half a mile from that junction, seen plenty of nasty crashes there. That guy should have been done for attempted murder.

xico
    Free Member

Do any of you remember the treatment that Bog got at the hands of Captain Hadley in Shawshank Redemption?

D0NK

4 year driving ban.

and a 4.5 year prison sentence (ignoring for the minute that he won’t serve all that) and AIUI they run concurrently so he’d potentially be driving home from prison.

Gotta love our justice system, when it comes to this stuff.

MoreCashThanDash

No, the ban starts on his release according to to a report I heard earlier. He must also retake his test.

The sentence seems light given what happened to the victims here. And he is clearly a scumbag. Rightly or wrongly the law steps back from emotion. A slightly different angle of either vehicle and the girls may have not been as badly hurt. He was prosecuted for his driving, not the actual effects of that driving.

MoreCashThanDash

And if you don’t like the legal system, campaign to get it changed, badger your MP, support campaign groups. Being annoyed on a forum won’t change **** all.

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

If someone did that to one of my kids the safest place for him would be prison. I wouldn’t care about the consequences.

PMK2060

I read today that the 4 year driving ban starts after he is released. He should be banned for life the arrogant c**k. There are too many idiots on our roads who treat it like a race track. Feel gutted for the family. I have a 4 year old daughter and cannot imagine the heartache.

Junkyard
    Free Member

the sentence is nowhere near long enough for what he has done and the damage caused and the manner in which he did it.Road rage chase of someone, undertake then swerve across a road resulting in permanent paralysis of two children. 10 years minimum IMHO and i would give him another 5 for denying it tbh.

I dont understand why this forum allows folk to hope someone gets raped. I am fairly confident i wont be able to hope a female gets raped and we should be able to express our, justifiable anger, in another way.

MoreCashThanDash

I dont understand why this forum allows folk to hope someone gets raped. I am fairly confident i wont be able to hope a female gets raped and we should be able to express our, justifiable anger, in another way.

Took me a while but I think I know what you meant

chewkw
    Free Member

MoreCashThanDash – Member
    Took me a while but I think I know what you meant

If it has taken you a while to understand then I have practically no chance whatsoever to understand what he said. Is he using some sort of slang?

Is he condoning or is he complaining?

Can someone interpret please.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

I believe that Junkyard is suggesting that wishing for a woman to be raped is not ok, so why should the same be ok for a man to be on the receiving end.

Obviously there is a lot of context removed from this basic interpretation of the issue, but I think that’s roughly it. We have the right to be angry, but wishing rape on anyone is not cool.

D0NK

I read today that the 4 year driving ban starts after he is released.

I thought the sentences always used to run concurrently, it was noted to be a daft situation, some new legislation was voted on and agreed but due to administration change or something it didn’t actually get signed and implemented – could be misremembering or it could have changed, will try to remember where I read it.

<edit> quick bit of googling suggests a change was to be implemented last October, not found a confirmation of it actually happening. Anyone else know?

chewkw
    Free Member

bongohoohaa – Member

I believe that Junkyard is suggesting that wishing for a woman to be raped is not ok, so why should the same be ok for a man.

Obviously there is a lot of context removed from this basic interpretation of the issue, but I think that’s roughly it.

Where? I read all the threads posted but still I have no idea?

Is he referring to The Shawshank Redemption? But Bog got beaten up …

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Is he referring to The Shawshank Redemption? But Bog got beaten up …

I know. I just assumed someone said something about rape, for Junkyard to make that comment. Now I am confused.

D0NK

this?

I personally hope he gets the Swordfish treatment whilst inside and someone pays

“two ball-busting skinheads to make a playground out of your ass.”dunno exactly what “swordfish treatment” is tho

Junkyard
    Free Member

I hope he gets shafted every which way in prison

or the first reply.

Try wishing rape on a woman on here, or a fellow poster, and see how the mods react.
    No rape makes the world a better place it just makes it worse.

He is a scumbag and his sentence should be longer.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 110 total)

The topic ‘Every day they ask 'when will we start feeling our legs again?'’ is closed to new replies.