Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • Kevin McCloud’s shed
  • Harry_the_Spider

Maybe he shot and skinned a bloke in B&Q before helping himself to a Transit full of ply.

He does seem to get a lot of pleasure from making things out of turds. There was a kid at my school who was like that.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Thought it was a bit upper middle class fool engages in impractical tasks to appear like an eco warrior.
    That chair – hardly practical or that good- easier ways to make a chair
    I cant see whicker as good bed material over time- anyone rember whicker chirs and getting the pattern in your back from them and corn flour cushions oh dear

I can see why it had appeal to the folk who comissioned it but I found it a little self indulgent and pointless tbh.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Maybe he shot and skinned a bloke in B&Q before helping himself to a Transit full of ply

Having been to B & Q on far too many occasions i don’t think there would be a court in the land that would convict such a thing. It’s virtually a public service.

elzorillo
    Free Member

After the first episode I thought it was naff. Just this morning after seeing it mentioned again on here I thought I’d give it a second go and watched episode2. I actually started to enjoy it.. the rabbit glue in particular.

Just about to start episode3. Fruitful day at work then 😉

elzorillo
    Free Member

Ok.. episode three.. Did anyone else notice the guy assuring them that the lions were safe had an arm missing 😕

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

elzorillo – Member

Ok.. episode three.. Did anyone else notice the guy assuring them that the lions were safe had an arm missing

No i didn’t! 😯

The show is more about bodgin and fun than anything serious, the eco references etc seem to be diminishing each week, did like the idea of the gas production system.

Has anyone got to the bottom of the “missing wall”? Interior shots have far too much natural light than you would get from the wee window he’s supposedly got and why no 360d shots of the interior. The wall is missing from the LHS in case you’re wondering…

Harry_the_Spider

I thought Kev’s shed was awesome and Kev seems like a good bloke too. Won’t miss him saying “off grid” though.

Now that Kev has finished what will a bloke watch at 8pm on a Sunday evening?…

TooTall
    Free Member

It really spiralled into a self-frotting orgy of indulgent pish didn’t it?

How was he going to maintain that big metal bucket of breeding ground for nasties? I bet he paid the 200 hrs at minimum wage for his bloody house coat as well.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

How come in July it was a sopping mud fest, but in Aug it was a grassy meadow of moon daisies?

elzorillo
    Free Member

It’s all got rather farcical and top gear’ish in the stuff they’re doing now. Even down to Kevin and his mutton chopped assistant playing the roles of Clarkson and hammond.

I turned it off

maccruiskeen

It did seem to be about 3 different series worth of programme ideas all heaped into one pot. The main premise – ‘building an interesting shed’ could have sustained one programme (given that ‘building an house’ fills a one-programme slot). So to stretch it to a series they seemed to have to shovel in quantities of Scrapheap Challenge, Kirsty Alsop’s home-made thingies and quite a liberal smear of Non-Doctor Gillian MacKeith’s skat pondering.

monkey_boy
    Free Member

Thought it was a bit upper middle class fool engages in impractical tasks to appear like an eco warrior.

PMSL could not have put it better myself, i didnt realise he was that mental

scuzz
    Free Member

Does anyone else find him really arrogant?

Aristotle
    Free Member

I’ve not watched the final episode yet, but I agree with some of the above comments.

The series was a mish-mash of ideas that didn’t really hang together very well.

In the same way that Top Gear presenters like to do, Kevin McCloud seemed too keen to display a high level of ignorance. There was too much “cocking about”.

In my view, Kevin McCloud’s reputation and credibility from Grand Designs have been damaged by it. (Strictly Come Dancing/eating bugs in a jungle next year?)

Fred Dibnah did this sort of thing far better, as do James May (away from Top Gear) and Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall, in their different areas.

elzorillo
    Free Member

Kevin McCloud’s reputation and credibility from Grand Designs have been damaged by it

Agree wholeheartedly with that.

rogg
    Free Member

How’s he going to empty his hot tub?

maccruiskeen

How’s he going to empty his hot tub?

thats what ‘Production Runners’ are for.

maccruiskeen

They couldn’t hide the fact that the ornate winding mechanism for his veranda didn’t work. On the test run there was someone using a ratchet strap to aid it going up. When it was lowered for the party he pantomimed turning all the wheels but all the weight was being supported by a chain on the other corner. The one he was winding was slack.

UrbanHiker
    Free Member

I used to love Kev in Grand Designs…

…Now I just feel like taking my fist of grid for a while and re-purposing it in his face.

scuzz
    Free Member

They couldn’t hide the fact that the ornate winding mechanism for his veranda didn’t work. On the test run there was someone using a ratchet strap to aid it going up. When it was lowered for the party he pantomimed turning all the wheels but all the weight was being supported by a chain on the other corner. The one he was winding was slack.

I noticed that too – I find it funny that he couldn’t fake it correctly, surely just offering a little resistance would’ve tightened it…

CaptJon
    Free Member

Do you reckon it was a condition of a new series of Grand Designs than KM got to make a self-indulgent smugfest with no coherent theme?

re. the rachet – i assume it was there in case the mechanism broke as he wound it up.

Aristotle
    Free Member

I used to love Kev in Grand Designs…

…Now I just feel like taking my fist of grid for a while and re-purposing it in his face.
    Presumably with a 2 minute ‘re-cap’ every 10 minutes or so.

I’m not feeling violent towards Mr McCloud, just think that he’s watered-down his “knowledgeable, insightful presenter” image a little too much. Although he isn’t an architect, his background, according to Wikipedia, is in lighting installations. At least that’s more credible than the Masterchef judge who isn’t a chef and was actually a fruit n’ veg salesman.

TheDoctor
    Free Member

They couldn’t hide the fact that the ornate winding mechanism for his veranda didn’t work.

Your observation powers are weak, the slack chain was the ratchet “safety” chain NOT the winding chain go watch it again!

miketually
    Free Member

Well, I liked it. It made me want to dick about and burn/build stuff in the garden.

nuke

I enjoyed it. Loved the jet engine intake hot tub. Kev failed to annoy me at all…seemed a perfectly affable bloke

maccruiskeen

Your observation powers are weak, the slack chain was the ratchet “safety” chain NOT the winding chain go watch it again!

watched it again

someone else in the shed – the say to each other “ready?”…”ready”

kevin winds like billyo. his chain is completely slack

while the chain in his pal’s side takes all the weight

Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘Kevin McCloud’s shed’ is closed to new replies.