Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 67 total)
  • Ketamine, K-hole……..
  • Bianchi-Boy
    Free Member

As a drugs worker, genuinely interested to get email responses from anyone with experience of K.

Lanesra
    Free Member

My first ever pill was a "Special K" at the Astoria in 1989 – I took it about 10pm, next thing I know it's 8am and I'm devoid of clothes dancing on top of a table – good times

dr_death
    Free Member

Use it alot on the great north air ambulance, great drug – probly not the experiences your after though!

Bianchi-Boy
    Free Member

Was hoping to get real feed back rather than willy wavers shouting " My name is Lanesra and I am special"

Real people please?

BB

DrDolittle
    Free Member

It's helpful when you have a beast with tightfanny (veterinary term).

Lanesra
    Free Member

🙄 nice one, nobhead – What's your problem has your tight fitting roadie gear got stuck up your own arse

Just so you realise, you don't actually remember what happened

I bet you turn up to your drug meetings on your Bianchi (Road Bike) without a **** clue about real life/drugs and all your clients laugh at you

Bianchi-Boy
    Free Member

Dr Death, and Dr Do could you mail me please with genuine experiences if you have time. It's a relatively new drug where I live so would love to get more gen info so I can help my users.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I think you'll find that the nobhead (sic) is the ****monkey taking a veterinary drug for "fun".

Get a life, a real one. Drugs are for ****. Simple.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

The only time I have seen people taking it was at a party and all they did was gouch on the sofa for a few hours afterwards. Polypharmacia was the name of the game for them that night. Not had it myself – I don't see the appeal.

I know a gay chap who uses it as a muscle relaxant for those difficult moments.

crikey
    Free Member

My experience is it's use on others; it's a cracking analgesic, but it's use is limited by the 'emergence' phenomena..

ie; you can cut someones leg off after giving it, but they tend to see spiders as big as your head.

Why it has become a drug of abuse is beyond me.

…as far as I know it's not a controlled drug, so supply is probably easier than morphine, temazepam, etc.

Nico
    Free Member

Jazzer out of the Archers had a bad time of it a couple of years ago. So it must be well passe now. I believe it's a bit of a rural drug.

Bianchi-Boy
    Free Member

It is a controlled drug.

BB

dr_death
    Free Member

Emergence phenomena can be reduced with a bit of Midazolam as they come round… although the big spiders are quite good fun! 😉

crikey
    Free Member

Controlled now? oh, it's been a whle since I've used it.

crikey
    Free Member

…and I wonder what animals see; it has a reputation as a vetinary drug.

DrDolittle
    Free Member

Get a life, a real one. Drugs are for ****. Simple.

No more beer threads…oh well.

julianwilson
    Free Member

Lanesra – Member

My first ever pill was a "Special K" at the Astoria in 1989 – I took it about 10pm, next thing I know it's 8am and I'm devoid of clothes dancing on top of a table – good times

…yours seems to have undoubtedly been good fun, but quite possibly not really ketamine but something a bit livelier. Under the table under a pile of coats would have been the response to proper ketamine. Probably just as well, I have worked with/looked after many poly-drug users and none of them had much positive to say about it apart from its relatively low price.

The medical application for it is anaesthesia, often in trauma/emergency care. If you are in the k-hole you don't necessartily lose consciousness (dose dependent) but neither do you notice them sawing your legs off to get you out of a motorway pile-up. Sounds like fun 😐

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Dr D, beer isn't a drug in the same mould. I agree, it is a drug, but responsible use is the key here.

dr_death
    Free Member

Don't think it is a controlled drug (officially) may be treated as one by some hospitals. Like oramorph.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Schedule C not B or A iirc – so it is controlled in the same way as say antibiotics but not in the same way as morphine.

CFH – alcohol does more damage than illegal drugs ( arguably)

Some of the illegal drugs are far less damaging than alcohol and tobacco. The classifications of drugs are rather arbitary

soobalias
    Free Member

not sure why you would hope for drug info on here.

still, food for the troll, Erowid Ket

What sort of first hand experiences are you after? Funny shit, Medical shit, Addiction shit, Why, Where, Why (again), prices, sources, target market

kimbers

my mates that take it do it in combination with pills, to enhance the experience, make it more trippy, visuals etc and to prolong the ecstasy high, my mates refer to it as keeping it 'rolling' without keeping you gurning like a headcase
    i suspect this is partly as its so hard to find pure pills today
    have done it a few times- small amounts, cant say was able to distinguish effects from whatever else id consumed?!

k-holes are intense bouts of introspection and maybe depression/ insecurity for some can last quite a while usually requires a good chat and some hugs to get them back!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Yeah, yeah, yeah. But a few at the pub then buying some from Oddbins isn't going to make you trip your nuts off after spunking your hard earned to the criminal underclass before jumping from a window because you believe you're a flying wizard.

Alcohol is a drug. It harms people. So does smoking, TJ (remember?). But, neither of them are as pathetically stupid as taking a horse tranquiliser for "fun".

Have a pint, smoke a cigar. Smile.

Drop a horse tranquiliser. Someone chops your leg off, you can't realise it's happening. As Julian says, what fun! 😐

stonemonkey
    Free Member

I once had ecstasy with loads of ket in apparently , i fell asleep. ❓

project
    Free Member

Had Ketamine back a few years,its suposed to be a pain killer, it just made my leg numb for the night,was given it by a nice nurse,in a hospital after being admitted as an urgent case,suffering from a pilondial abcess,the pain was intence, and then i had a dead leg,very strange dreams though.

kimbers

cfh- arguing about responsible use of drugs alcohol comes out very low

no drug causes the same amount of violence, vandalisim and idiocy as alcohol, nothing really comes close

julianwilson
    Free Member

From a medical point of view, a sensible dose of ketamine isn't that bad for you (compared to medical risks of crack, cheap coke/amphetamines or adulterated cement-infused heroin that is) if you aren't too susceptible to the hallucinations and they don''t make you flip out and do something daft while you're on it. Or if you are susceptible to drug induced psychosis, or suffer from schizoprenia/schizoaffective disorder.

The thing that puzzles me is that for most people it really just isn't any fun. Its association with music/festivals/clubs/parties puzzles me cos you just miss out on all the good bits. Most people i know/know of who got into it did so as an almighty 'snooze button' to the alarm clock of real life.

Bianchi-Boy
    Free Member

I had hoped to get some sensible responses but when you get CFH calling it a "tranqualiser" (it isn't), Lanesra shouting "nobhead" and a reference to "The Archers" I guess it is game over.

BB

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

kimbers, I hold the lager swilling oiks causing such antisocial behaviour in the same low regard as mindless drug taking numpties.

Lanesra
    Free Member

Always wondered why people who make a post (and their name is shown as making the post) sign off with their user name (or a shortened version, there of)

Lanesra (in case anyone was wondering)

bakey

Just say neigh…

Donkey jacket, mine.

Bianchi-Boy
    Free Member

Lanesra ??? My stw name is Bianchiboy, I sign off as BB (short for bianchiboy in case you are struggling) and my real name is Ian Warnes.

BB

DrDolittle
    Free Member

I had hoped to get some sensible responses but when you get CFH calling it a "tranqualiser" (it isn't), Lanesra shouting "nobhead" and a reference to "The Archers" I guess it is game over.

Oh dry your eyes!

Bianchi-Boy….what do you expect with a name like that, eh? How's trade with the recession 'n all?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I thought the diassociative affect could be used to treat depression?

Bianchi-Boy
    Free Member

Julian W, could I mail you tomorrow for more info please? Especially for your experience of working with users?

BB

crazy-legs

My sister has used it loads.
    She's a vet.

Rich
    Free Member

Know too many people who take it, they all really enjoy it!

Doesn't interest me.

It's anti-social and is killing the atmosphere in the clubbing scene.

julianwilson
    Free Member

Lanesra shouting "nobhead"

…don't let that put you off, he always says that. Perhaps he has a shortcut key for it. It will be because you pointed at his willy or something.

For stuff like this that has a few 'loud shouters' responding who may not necessarily represent the whole picture, you may be better off joining and consulting a 'susbscriber only' email or forum based discussion group of other drug workers. We have a similar thing in our particular conrner of the already small corner of child psychiatry, partly so we don't confuse or worry people who get the wrong end of the stick of our discussions, and partly so we don't get the same 50 doctor-impersonators, angry teens or parents posting all the time and muddying the waters. Not sure where you would start finding the equivalent in drug-work-land though.
    BB emails welcome but bear in mind my knowledge is based on the job (not drugs work proper but quite a few dual diagnosis psychosis cases) I did 3+ years ago, actually some of the above comments are news to me too! Happily ketamine is not of much interest to the messed up teenagers of devon and cornwall (yet!) so i haven't encountered any users for a while.

crouch_potato
    Free Member

Alcohol is a drug. It harms people. So does smoking, TJ (remember?). But, neither of them are as pathetically stupid as taking a horse tranquiliser for "fun".
    Have a pint, smoke a cigar. Smile.

Ah yes, let's consider the honourable tradition of tobacco production. How about British American Tobacco as your starter for 10? Staunch supporter of the military dictatorship in Burma, implicated in dubious tax evasion, smuggling and numerous other despicably unethical practices. A venerable heritage indeed, overseen by the mighty Ken Clarke, one of your beloved Tory crones (a former health secretary no less). Now just you make sure you "spunk your cash" to the right sort of criminals.

What's that I smell CFH, a whiff of one of your finest Monte AA's? No, my mistake, it's the putrid stench of hypocrisy emanating from your post. 😉

As for the OP, having been around various people using ket recreationally several years back up till more recently, it seems entirely pointless, for the reasons julianwilson and others point at.

DrDolittle
    Free Member

partly so we don't get the same 50 doctor-impersonators,

Eh? it's only 2 so far, maximum. So much for your empirical methods, Psych-med quackboy.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘Ketamine, K-hole……..’ is closed to new replies.