Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Keswick recommendations for riding and staying please
  • vdubber67
    Free Member

I've got a couple of days in between old job and new job, so I am marking the occasion with a riding break.

Going to ride Hellvellyn, and stay one night in Keswick.

Any recommendations for a second day's riding in the area – probably not too big a day out as I'll have to drive a long way home afterwards!

Also – anywhere nice to stay with secure bike facilities?

Thanks

Richard

grumm
    Free Member

Whinlatter, Borrowdale Bash or something around Skiddaw are all good options from Keswick. Keswick-Threlkeld-Lonscale Fell-Latrigg is a nice easy one that's good fun.

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

Spare hour? Ride/push up the old mining track between barrow and Causey Pike (Newlands Valley, park at/ride to Uzicarr), turn right and climb onto the top of Barrow, raz off the top down the grass track into Braithwaite. Grin like a lunatic.

peteimpreza

I will be there on Friday to do something on Skiddaw if you want to join me.

vdubber67
    Free Member

Thanks Pete – not going for a couple of weeks…

clareymorris

If you are going to be in Keswick on a Tuesday – come and meet us at the Pedlar Cafe at 6:30pm for a couple of hourse of Keswicks finest. Visitors always welcome 😀

parkedtiger
    Free Member

…and for somewhere to stay, try:

http://www.greystokeguesthouse.co.uk/

or

Welcome

How was last night Clare – couldn't make it as I was working away 🙁

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Keswick recommendations for riding and staying please’ is closed to new replies.