Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Ken Dodd
  • coolhandluke
    Free Member

Would love to go and see Ken Dodd next year and am wondering if a 10 yr old would get bored or howl with laughter throughout.

Anyone taken their kids to see Doddy?

The daughter has a great sense of humour, watches Red Dwarf with me and Pushing Daisies to get an idea of her humour capacity if that helps

Cougar

How’s her attention span? The only thing I know about Ken Dodd’s live performances is that they tend to be very, very long, he’s notorious for overrunning.

Whether it’d be ‘family’ humour or a little blue, I’ve no idea.

grievoustim
    Free Member

Anyone else think they were going to be directed to a link to another celebratory arrest story?

killwillforchips
    Free Member

Bizarre question; i mean if anyone aught to know it should be her father – you!

Or am I missing something.

😉

alfabus
    Free Member

my missus has a lasting memory of being taken to a Ken Dodd show by her parents… she remembers it being hours and hours long, intensely dull, not at all funny and her and her brother slept on the floor in the aisle for the last few hours.

I don’t know how old she was.

Dave

killwillforchips
    Free Member

Grievoustim – yes!

tuffty
    Free Member

Me too 😉

ransos
    Free Member

I was taken to see Ken Dodd in the panto when I was about 6. Apparently I laughed like a drain through the whole thing.

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Ken Dodd died this morning…

DezB
    Free Member

I thought it was going to be
    “Ken Dodd died.”
    “Did ‘e?”
    “No doddy”

🙁

Mister-P
    Free Member

I honestly thought he died ages ago. Sorry Ken.

Jerome
    Free Member

He is very busy next year
    Impressive list of dates.

Leku
    Free Member

I’ve just poked a cucumber through next-doors letter box and shouted ‘ohh err mrs the aliens are coming’

binners

is his dog dead?

Mister-P
    Free Member

Dunno but his dad’s dog’s dead.

rossendalelemming
    Free Member

Went to see him about 18months ago. started at 8pm finished about 1am. My cousins went to the same show and left after 2 hours. He’s ok, but I wish I’d seen him in his prime. A couple of times I thought he’d lost his thread and could have done with a prompter.

He does seem to like to go for quantity over quality.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Bizarre question; i mean if anyone aught to know it should be her father – you!

Or am I missing something.

I’ve never seen Ken Dodd live. I know he’s not a rude comic but guess some of his stuff is a bit adult, without the smut eg the cucumber / alien joke above, whilst mildly entertaining for a second (in a ken Dodd way) for me, and I understand what it means, a 10 yr old wouldnt in the same context I do.

RustySpanner

Just go, he’s ace. 😀

Does have a tendency to repeat himself after the first three hours.
    You will laugh, even if you’re not quite sure what you’re laughing at or why.
    Last of an era, see him whilst you’ve got the chance.

And not at all blue from what I remember, perhaps a bit cheeky but nothing you wouldn’t watch with your Granny.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Titter ye shall

stay till thy end, ye shall not . .

spchantler
    Free Member

is he next in savillegate?

piemonster

Thought he fell of a roof or summink?

Some bloke did, probably

killwillforchips
    Free Member

If for a moment it seems dodgy humor; you could always leave.
    I think you should take her.
    It should be good, alot of his humor is visual, i would have thought kids like that kind of stuff.

🙂

Merlot
    Free Member

My grandparents took me to see him when I was about 9 or 10. It was great. I still have fond memories of the show. Disclaimer: Doddy is about 30 years older now so I can’t vouch for his more recent stuff.

Nick

I saw him in Clacton on Sea sometime in the very early 80s, that’s all I can remember.

andywoods
    Free Member

was going to see him last year got tickets then found out he was in his 80`s suddenly lost the urge to go, think he would have been great in his prime but that was a long time ago. still got couple of unused tickets from his last tour.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Tickets booked.

Now hoping he doesn’t get done for some sex scandal from the 80’s or croaks it. 😀

porter_jamie

Mister P – Member
    Dunno but his dad’s dog’s dead.

it died last december of distemper

RobHilton
    Free Member

I would have loved it when I was ten, but I like corny jokes and he would have been 25 years younger than when I did see him = not so far past his best.

Still enjoyed it, but he isn’t quite what he used to be.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Ken Dodd’ is closed to new replies.