Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Keilder lake circuit
  • mattsccm
    Free Member

Any one ridden the loop round Keilder lake. I guess its a family trail type thingy. Which is what I want. Gravel etc maybe some tarmac?
    Convince my wife that she can get here hybrid round.

uplink
    Free Member

Can she ride faster than a zillion strong squad of killer midges?

If so, she’ll do just fine

Shackleton

From what I remember of the bits I’ve riden it is a ~2m wide fine gravel path, mostly flat, with the occasional gentle slope up or down. Rather pleasant for a pootle.

And as Uplink said, beware the midge!

tinribz
    Free Member

Did the whole loop campsite & back, there are hills but nothing technical to worry about, perfect for a hybrid.

Kahurangi

Gravel, tarmac & hardpack.

Plenty of ups/downs/undulations. The bits I’ve been on aren’t flat but it is all smooth.

It’ll be fun!

Take midge repellant.

failedengineer

My partner did it on her hybrid – it’s easy and quite pleasant, too. However, as the others have said, don’t forget the Skin so Soft!

trio25
    Free Member

Perfect for a hybrid, but hillier than expected. Nice ride though.

Diane
    Free Member

We tagged it on to the xc loops – really enjoyed it. You can pootle round or treat it like a training run 😀

ivantate
    Free Member

We did it about 5 years ago. Down the road on the LH side from the castle, some single track across the bottom and fire road back up the other side. Some half decent climbs (for her atleast) meaning a shove from behind to get to the top, so to speak.

Over in Alnwick to the east of keilder at the moment wondering if i can get away from the family for long enough to try the new trails out. Unlikely.

rickk

It’s a nice ride round but not to be underestimated for occasional riders as the trails can be quite sticky and there’s a lot of ups and downs for a lakeside trail.
    Wife and I set off to do it and completed about 90% – at which point her bike was thrown down and I was sent for the car!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Keilder lake circuit’ is closed to new replies.