Viewing 19 posts - 81 through 99 (of 99 total)
  • Katie Hopkins tweets….
  • duckman

ATG; Scottish people get upset about her comments and it is anti English sentiment? Who mentioned race and nationality first,WoS or Hopkins? Something of a hole in your argument that single issue pro Indy groups should highlight her comments about the other nationalities etc. comedy gold there, or your increasingly displayed desperation to suggest the continuing increase in support for SNP is down to some sort of social media brainwashing. Actually it’s the season of goodwill, so I am sorry that things haven’t worked out here the way you (and thm,Zulu, Jam etc)wanted.

MoreCashThanDash

gavstorie – it is possible to not have a problem with someone without agreeing or condoning their point of view you know. Tbe real world isn’t black and white.

I disagree with what she says and how she says it, but as I believe in free speech that doesn’t incite hatred or violence, I am content to let her get on with it. Partly because the more she comes out with, the more daft she reveals herself to be, and mainly because trying to restrict these idiots gives them publicity they don’t deserve, and starts to set a potentially worrying trend about controlling what people can say or think.

Society, media and these idiots themselves need to learn that they serve little useful purpose and are best ignored.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

duckman – so I am sorry that things haven’t worked out here the way you (and thm,Zulu, Jam etc)wanted.

Did I miss something?

Worked out pretty much as expected. If AS had retired gracefully instead of attempting back door politics, it would have been almost perfect. Still can’t have everything….

athgray
    Free Member

Duckman, social media is a powerful tool. Perhaps if the creaters of these site cared as much about social and ethnic groups rather than just Scots we may have got rid of her sooner. The problem these people have with highlighting her attacks on Muslims, is that just goes to pull people together across countries rather than divide.

You may wish your World to be that narrow, but I do not. These sites with tens of thousands of followers who think they are hard done by due to the undemocratic institutions of OTHER people. People across a border you wish to create. Cartoons similar to those from the 30’s depicting national stereotypes and jingoistic posts following a photo of a lion and a saltire IMO should be held in the same regard as UKIP.

tomd
    Free Member

She is a tool, but it’s the whole “seeking to be offended” thing that makes me laugh.

Rampant Scottish nationalist sits having his porridge at breakfast.
    Sees in paper that Katie somebody or other has said something disparaging about Scotland on twitter.
    Rampant Scottish nationalist registers for twitter, whatever that is.
    Finds relevant tweet.
    Is offended.

gordimhor

Best thing to do with Katie Hopkins is laugh at her or ignore her, no matter how offensive her comments are she should be free to make them. She is a vile and narrow minded bigot, but hey with me being ” a rampant Scottish nationalist” somebody will be along to tell me I’m a small minded antidemocratic bigot.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@duckman – the referendum worked out as I hoped it was a decisive 55-45 No. The Better Together got in a bit of a flap about the opinion polls so promised more devolution than they needed too but that’s a small issue. As AS said this was a once in a lifetime opportunity for Scotland, Scotland chose No.

There is far more nasty anti English nonsense coming out of Scotland than the rubbish Hopkins posted posted in Twitter.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Worked out pretty much as expected.

You expected devo max as an outcome when it was not on the vote and CMD refused to offer it?
    The best one can call it is a score draw. The union won but the momentum is to further devolution who got mrore powers and more than the unionists would have offered without the [ close ish] vote. What it really means we need to leave to history [ or in our case the future]. I think it is highly unlikely that this was the end result for eternity and it is more likely just another step in the glacial progression to full independence [ or possibly a fully federal system if the union has the skill to adapt. The least likely is that it is this and no more debate or vote ever again.

decisive 55-45 No

Decisive – settling an issue; producing a definite result.

the later just [ 5% swing required] the former not even close if we mean for the long term.
    If it was definitive it would stop being mentioned on here never mind in Scotland.

There is far more nasty anti English nonsense coming out of Scotland than the rubbish Hopkins posted posted in Twitter

Given your ability with data I will go Mleh at that claim. Even if this is true two wrongs dont make a right and we should object to both equally not use one as an excuse for the other.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

She is an idiot. There are plenty idiots in this world. Move along, nothing to see here, she’ll go away if we all ignore her. There is however a problem with the logic – see there second sentence. 🙁

jambalaya
    Free Member

Data is my specialty JY, you just don’t like it when I point out analysis or interpretations which doesn’t suit. As an aside did you see that French economist Piketty he shows how the gap between the rich and poor is far far narrower now than it was 100 years ago, the gap is starting to widen again but it will be 50 years or more before its as it was in the early 1900’s

I have no issue with you holding on to the the hope of independence, we all have dreams. AS and the SNP had their chance, they blew it as they had no real plan. They had only an emotional argument. At $55 a barrel Scotland would be daffy ducked and as time goes on and the oil diminishes the economic implications of independence get bleaker and bleaker.

Junkyard
    Free Member

you just don’t like it when I point out analysis or interpretations which doesn’t suit.

Beautiful, that you think this is what you do . Brilliantly , and humorously, proving the point.
    FWIW I liked your interpretation of the football match best – you cannot even state an opinion on that that folk agree with 😆

As an aside did you see that French economist Piketty he shows how the gap between the rich and poor is far far narrower now than it was 100 years ago, the gap is starting to widen again but it will be 50 years or more before its as it was in the early 1900’s

I saw he turned down an honour.
    Not really sure why you have tried to seque this in to this thread. Yes we do a bit better than feudal times but I doubt even you want to argue that wealth or income is fairly distributed in a capitalist economy or that it ever will be [ unless we use massively redistributive taxation systems but the market wont – I hope even you can analyse that data]

I have no issue with you holding on to the the hope of independence, we all have dreams.

As i said repeatedly on the thread , though obviously not often enough for you to analyse the data, I dont care much about independence not least because I dont live in scotland. I would vote for almost anything that resulted in the tories never ruling over me. My post explained what i thought was happening and I said history will decide – you could of course factually explained how Scotland is not drifting ever closer to independence …….you analyse the data eh 😉

Not even an attempt to negate or reply to what i said just a gentle ad hom kick of the shins

The evidence is clear the drift is to ever more independence
    Neither you nor I know where it ends but that vote was not the end of the issue whatever your, or my, personal view is on the SNP, AS , oil or independence. It was not decisive as you we * are still discussing it ….see you and data 😛

* I have little interest in going over it again so I shall [ try my best] to refrain from discussing the referendum again
    there was an interesting Radio 4 programme that explained the views from scotland
    To paraphrase – NO – shut up we won get over it give it a rest will you.
    Yes – we have the movement the political landscape has changed
    Bit like STW really bit more eloquent- some of them were rude about each other as well to be fair.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Empty vessels? Sums it up nicely.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

She’s on Jeremy Vine at 13:00 and TV later on the subject of being fat…….. 😀

yunki
    Free Member

Being an Exeter boy myself (the city, not the Uni) I have heard rumours of someone being in possession of footage of the harpie doing nookie in the playing fields behind Vincent Thompson high school

jambalaya
    Free Member

@yunki – she was filmed sh-gging some married bloke in a field years ago, it was sold to the papers.

JY I was just introducing all sorts of random things into this thread as it seems to be the only one getting anyone’s attention. Football ? Are you talking about my post on Spurs spanking 5 past Chelski ? Looks like I might possibly owe you a £10 on Man U (need to double check whether you took the bet on the top 4), still plenty of the season to go.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Are you talking about my post on Spurs spanking 5 past Chelski ?

No the boring arsenal one on the Liverpool thread – missed all the threads of late and football ones. Good results for Spurs and Kane look some player

I probably did bet [ assumed it was virtual bet not real one] but we will do it because others have been poor rather than because we have been great. We really should have beaten all three over Xmas and were unlucky against Spurs and lucky against Stoke

Thanks for not being offended by posts as no disrespect meant. I will tone them down for the New year as they are getting OTT, sorry. It will be rare we agree though

jambalaya
    Free Member

JY – I take it as banter even if on occasion I get wound up but I’d never want to admit it 😳 I think you are right you said it should be a virtual bet.

deepreddave
    Free Member

As the OP and a Leeds fan I’m so offended by the thread turning to discussion on Man U v Spurs that I’m contemplating registering for Twitter to voice my discontent.

gordimhor

Unfortunate username for a Leeds fan. 🙂

Viewing 19 posts - 81 through 99 (of 99 total)

The topic ‘Katie Hopkins tweets….’ is closed to new replies.