Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 99 total)
  • Katie Hopkins tweets….
  • deepreddave
    Free Member

Tweets

Following on from the ‘undeserved fame’ thread is this acceptable twitter ‘banter’ or not?

I’m referring only to the Scotland:England element as the topic is in bad taste as regards the highly laudable and brave work carried out by all of the volunteers/health workers in trying to cope with the victims/outbreak.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

The police are apparently investigating those tweets. Use that information for whatever you want.

thegreatape
    Free Member

She won’t **** off until everyone ignores her and she can no longer make a comfortable living from being horrible.

Junkyard
    Free Member

attention seeking whore gains attention Its just nuanced top gear style humour

Ignore her

euans2
    Free Member

I cant understand why anyone would want to listen to anything that she has to say, i’ve seen her current tweets as they are plastered all over the internet. The sooner the police knock on her door the better!

deepreddave
    Free Member

I don’t do twitter so she doesn’t get to me through that medium. I kind of like people who are a bit ‘challenging’ but appreciate that it’s not always in a good way!

I read the Police are looking into any criminality following ‘a number of’ complaints. Does STW think there has been any?

jon1973
    Free Member

She should have been recognised in the NY honours list.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

You mean like the way you ignore TG, Junky?

😉

El-bent
    Free Member

Send her to the royal free hospital to apologise to the Scottish nurse.

Don’t let her wear any protective equipment.

jon1973
    Free Member

is ‘nuanced’ the new STW BS bingo word at the moment or something?

MoreCashThanDash

You heard it here first! 😳

Junkyard
    Free Member

Flash you dont read all my posts ….I am hurt

I only know TG is on because of STW and i can ignore the show * but not the threads ,unless its yours 😉 .

* I dont watch much tv and but for here i wouold never know it was on or when ir what it had done. Very few mentions on Radio 4 for some reason

bencooper
    Free Member

She’s an odious cretin, but people keep booking her for TV shows – that’s the difference between her and some bloke on a park bench. She’s a professional troll, she says these kinds of things to get people mad at her, so she’ll get more money from TV and newspaper appearances.

I’m also very uncomfortable with the police investigating somone being a cretin on Twitter. They’re not specific threats or incitement to violence. It’s getting pretty close to thought crime.

boxelder

I’d never heard oh her before and from that, hope never to again. Had to Google her to see who she is. I’m sure that Sandhurst and Exeter Uni are very proud of her achievements.

ElShalimo

Ben you forgot she’s hideously ugly too

Stoner
    Free Member

Inquiries are ongoing into the nature of these tweets and to establish any potential criminality

Please be aware that we will continue to monitor comments on social media and any offensive comments will be investigated

Base, trolling shit-stirring? Yes. Offensive? Perhaps.
    Criminal? **** no.

The “offensive” bit of that law needs scrapping asap.

El-bent
    Free Member

She’s a professional troll, she says these kinds of things to get people mad at her, so she’ll get more money from TV and newspaper appearances.

Sounds like someone from top gear.

No such thing as bad publicity for these sort of people, as long as there are enough cretins listening.

It’s getting pretty close to thought crime.

+1.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

It’s the mock horror on Schofield and Willoughby’s faces followed by a quick invite back to the studio for more, that grates.

She does more self pawns that others – naming her daughter India was one of the best!

Junkyard
    Free Member

Agree with that THM it was beautiful

Cougar

Seems she’s got previous.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-25194850

The Apprentice star and Sun columnist Katie Hopkins has apologised after making a joke about Scots just hours after the Glasgow helicopter crash.

She had tweeted: “Life expectancy in Scotland based 07/08 birth is 59.5. Goodness me. That lot will do anything to avoid working until retirement.”

Thousands of people signed a petition calling for her to be banned from TV, and protest Facebook pages were set up.

Ms Hopkins apologised and said it had been “bad timing”.

MrsToast
    Free Member

She’s pretty much a female Jeremy Clarkson. Terrible human being, but gets viewers/readers, so keeps getting work.

bencooper
    Free Member

Ben you forgot she’s hideously ugly too

I didn’t forget, her appearance has nothing to do with her vile opinions, and I don’t think it’s relevant any more than a man’s appearance.

wrecker
    Free Member

The woman is a weapons grade prick. I would love to see someone with some smarts tear her apart.

Northwind

Scotland might have ebola but I think we’ve got off lightly, England has a long-running outbreak of hopkins.

pondo

Never heard of her, had to look her up;
    “Hopkins is often introduced as a businesswoman in television appearances, and refers to herself in her media articles as an employer in a small business. She is the sole shareholder and only director of Katie Hopkins Limited, a company classified as a “business & management consultancy”, based in Exeter, which was incorporated on 21 June 2007. Her husband acts as company secretary. As of 30 June 2013 the company had run at a net loss since June 2009, had a negative net worth of -£13,968, and had zero declared turnover during the previous two years.”
    Poor dear.

dmorts

I actually think she has a mental health issue, or is verging on one. She cannot empathise with anyone or their circumstances (Obvious as far as back as The Apprentice). All the publicity she gets reinforces this behavior, making it the norm for her.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

A sociopath with a Twitter account. Perfect combo.

deluded
    Free Member

I’m also very uncomfortable with the police investigating somone being a cretin on Twitter. They’re not specific threats or incitement to violence. It’s getting pretty close to thought crime.

Base, trolling shit-stirring? Yes. Offensive? Perhaps.
    Criminal? **** no.

The “offensive” bit of that law needs scrapping asap.

I don’t think she will be prosecuted, obnoxious and repugnant as many of her comments are.

If the police are considering offences under Section 1 Malicious Communications Act, 1988 (Threatening Letters or other Articles) or under Section 127 of the Communications Act 2003 the wording is grossly offensive. The CPS guidelines for those offences will be subject to a high threshold and in many cases a prosecution is unlikely to be in the public interest.

In terms oh high threshold the guidelines say … there is the potential for a chilling effect on free speech and prosecutors should exercise considerable caution before bringing charges …

Article 10 of the European Convention on Human Rights reminds prosecutors – “Everyone has the right to freedom of expression. This right shall include the freedom to hold opinions and to receive and impart information and ideas without interference by public authority and regardless of frontiers …”

wallop

I’m not a fan of Clarkson but at least sometimes he can be slightly amusing. Hopkins is just disgustingly vile, sans humour.

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Who the f*** is she? whoever she is only a mother could love that face.

Junkyard
    Free Member

wording is grossly offensive

could you give me some examples………. 😛

Agreed it it not criminal just obvious and tiresome

CountZero

Junkyard – lazarus
    Flash you dont read all my posts ….I am hurt

I only know TG is on because of STW and i can ignore the show * but not the threads ,unless its yours .
    It’s perfectly possible to ignore any thread on here, regardless of who’s posting or what it’s about, by the very simple means of never clicking on it.
    The fact that you profess to know little about the programme, but still insist on reading the threads just so that you can throw in an opinion on what you claim to have no interest in shows you’re really just one of the serially offended on someone else’s behalf.
    Do you write letters to the Daily Mail as well?

anagallis_arvensis

I have no idea who she is and am happy that way

fervouredimage
    Free Member

offended on someone else’s behalf.

You mean he has empathy?

I might be strange but I find that a good quality in a person. One that is so often lacking.

Junkyard
    Free Member

It’s perfectly possible to ignore any thread on here, regardless of who’s posting or what it’s about, by the very simple means of never clicking on it.

You are as helpful as you are wise and insightful

The fact that you profess to know little about the programme, but still insist on reading the threads just so that you can throw in an opinion on what you claim to have no interest in shows you’re really just one of the serially offended on someone else’s behalf.

Is that a record at the most straw man ad homs in one sentence?
    Its impressive.

Do you write letters to the Daily Mail as well?

Your subtle nuance and insightful brilliance really takes my breath away.

Clarkson is that you?

It interesting that somey think empathy is a weakness but I have never claimed and nor do I ever speak on behalf of anyone else but myself.
    I just dont find racism funny even if I am not the victim of the racism
    I now realise this is a massive personal failing thanks to STW and to quote Brooker from last night
    ” its funny because its racist”

zilog6128

I’m also very uncomfortable with the police investigating somone being a cretin on Twitter.

I’m uncomfortable with you being uncomfortable that the police are doing their job i.e. responding to concerns raised by members of the public.

bencooper
    Free Member

Good, we’re all uncomfortable 😉

To clarify – the police received a complaint, they should investigate and they need to cover themselves. Problem is the lack of clarity over what is offensive, and there really needs to be a proper statutory freedom of speech as there is in the States.

The problem isn’t with the police, it’s with the “something must be done” attitude and the politician’s response to it.

But I like Top Gear and I wasn’t offended by Hopkins’ tweets even though I am a Jock. I do think she has some mental health issues, and feel very sorry for her kids.

maccruiskeen

I think we can safely assume a lawyer checks all her tweets between them being ghost written for her and ‘send’ being clicked. She’s a puppet and says or does whatever she’s paid to. Although its a tweet in her own name she’s paid by the Sun and it should be assumed that anything she broadcasts is by and for them, and this is written in the tabloid tradition of carefully avoiding libel by making broad brush, offensive and false accusations about groups of people without identifying any one person. The fuzz will investigate because they’ve be asked to but it’ll be water tight.

In all this I too feel sorry for the family.

Imagine the horror, day after day, of waking up in the morning then realising you’re still related to Katie Hopkins.

mikertroid
    Free Member

Imagine the horror, day after day, of waking up in the morning then realising you’re still related to Katie Hopkins.

FIFY

aracer
    Free Member

You’re making an assumption of self-awareness there is no evidence for.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 99 total)

The topic ‘Katie Hopkins tweets….’ is closed to new replies.