Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Just when i thought it was getting better….
  • sharkbait
    Free Member

…another new client cancels a project that I have been working towards for the last 6 months and had been promised was going to start next week.

Sometimes I just want to give up. 🙁

donsimon
    Free Member

Feel for you, been going through the same sort of shit during the last 6 months and now it seems to be working out.
    Patience is a virtue.
    All good things come to him who waits.
    Are two of the crappy sayings that would have had me slapping the person who said them…

Trimix
    Free Member

Thats always shite news, but it could be worse, you could start to do the work and then find out later they cant afford to pay.

There may be other potential clients that would suit the groundwork you may have already invested. ?

binners

I feel your pain fella. I agree with Trimix. I had the same thing last year.

Having a project cancelled is bloody annoying. Especially as its always done at really short notice. Normally with a two sentence email.

But… What is far far worse is having a client fold owing you tens of thousands for work you’ve already carried out. I know this from bitter experience.

Chin up and try and take the positives 😀

sharkbait
    Free Member

Are two of the crappy sayings that would have had me slapping the person who said them…

Haha thanks mate, made me laugh for the first time today!

Trimix/Binners: You’re dead right – unfortunately I’ve had two lots of that as well – a solicitor in 2009 who folded owing £10k (that one cost me £2k to chase before she went bankrupt) and a medical practice which still owes me £6000 12 months on from completing their project.

The only silver lining is that it can’t get any worse…. can it?

oh yeah Binners, here’s the email:

I hate to be the barer of bad news, but it has been decided not to go down the route of scanning documents for now.

I’m sorry for messing you about but the decision was not mine. If the company changes its mind in the future on certain documents, I will contact you.

Regards

Frank

grum
    Free Member

On the other hand, I am currently working on a project that I dearly wish would be cancelled.

Moses

As a salesman, I have to say that the phrases:

it has been decided not to go down the route of scanning documents for now.

I’m sorry for messing you about but the decision was not mine.

mean that you’ve been talking to the wrong people for much of the time – that is, not the man who made that decision.

binners

it has been decided not to go down the route of scanning documents for now.

In my experience, what that actually means is “we are desperately throwing everything overboard as we appear to be sinking very very quickly”

Best off walking away from it and forget it. They’ll probably have folded within a month

sharkbait
    Free Member

They’ll probably have folded within a month

Would be satisfying but not very likely I’m afraid (big multi-national)…. maybe there will be a fire that destroys the place? 😈

z1ppy

Nah, they found they can do it cheaper internal/using another supplier.. 😉

EDIT: Actually it propbably gone to some VP’s m8, for no cheaper (or even more expense) 👿

Pook

I’m not even going to start on this kind of thing. Bunch of arse. Dont waste time worrying.g or chasing, get after the next thing asap.

emsz
    Free Member

Sorry to hear all that Sharki, must be shit. Can’t offer any advice or anything, but life always feels better in a really hot bath. Also Spring is on it’s way, days getting longer, and buds are on the trees.

Hope it gets better for you soon, my love. *hugs and kisses*

sharkbait
    Free Member

Hope it gets better for you soon, my love. *hugs and kisses*

Made my morning 😛

oldgit
    Free Member

Yep get that to. Do the quote and all the work that goes with it, then they take it to someone else who just knocks a few quid off.
    Better than supplying 98k worth of actual goods and not getting paid. I can tell you that from personal experience.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Better than supplying 98k worth of actual goods and not getting paid. I can tell you that from personal experience.

Owwww. I’d be in a mess if that happened to me.
    Although it’s ‘only’ money (and I’ve got a lot to be grateful for) it’s been going on for 2 years now and is getting me down.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Just when i thought it was getting better….’ is closed to new replies.