Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)
  • just watched AVATAR !!!!!!!!
  • yetiguy
    Free Member

Brilliant movie !

Didn't see it in 3d will go back and see it again I full 3d

Great movie !!

Curly68
    Free Member

Want to take the kids to see it. What rating is it?

yetiguy
    Free Member

12a I would take my 12 year old son but think it would be too much for my 10 year old daughter

Curly68
    Free Member

Cool, my 11 yr old should be ok then.

Smee
    Free Member

A film about the wee pictures that folk use on forums sounds a bit pish tbh. 😉

nickc

dances with smurfs?

billybob
    Free Member

just seen it 3d, can't believe it was almost 3 hours long, it flew by, much better than I was expecting.

Zedsdead
    Free Member

what makes it a 12a?…

billybob
    Free Member

not sure, it's not as violent as the dark knight nor is it particularly sweary.

BigJohn

I'm pretty good at algebra but I can't figure out how 12a=3d

ooOOoo
    Free Member

Smurfahontas

joe1983
    Free Member

a=1x d=4x

Zedsdead
    Free Member

cheers

chewkw
    Free Member

Tell me the whole story as I want to watch it later.

🙂

mafiafish
    Free Member

Have to say the hype is ridiculous, so rather cynically, I'm expecting to be vastly dissapointed.

CHB

seeing it at bradford IMAX 3D at 10am tomorrow with the family…can't wait!

billybob
    Free Member

mafiafish – I went in with the same attitude, when the effects started yearning for simpler, in my opinion, superior effects from where the wild things are, but the whole thing rattled along at a reasonable pace & didn't want it to end.

Bearing in mind the film started at 5.45, I had no idea how long it was before we went in I couldn't believe it was 8.30 when we left the cinema.

sslowpace
    Free Member

I thought the trailer looked rubbish and it was hyped up beyond belief.

I had the afternoon free so went to see it. In 3d, expecting it to be rubbish.

I found it very enjoyable, the 3d was great and 160 minutes flew by.

juan
    Free Member

Went to an 'avant première' (sorry can't remember the english for that) on tuesday eve
    Don't expect any surprises in the plot. I have seen it in 3D but in a casual theatre still very well done. Subtitles were a bit disturbing at first. But lets face it, the GCI are very impressive. Maybe a little bit too much I would say. More plot would have been great.

Drac

Just seen it at the new iMax, goo iMax is just awesome, amazing film great little story line, brilliant action scenes and stunning visually. Wasn't sure about it either from the hype but wanted to try iMax and this seemed the perfect one to try it. The 3D really works too very convincing.

yetiguy
    Free Member

Off to see it again today with the family in 3D

prettygreenparrot

Saw it last night in 3D. From the critical bashing it has had I expected it to be poor. The story is a bit hokey. But then it is SciFi. The dialog is a bit simple. But then it is James Cameron. The effects/CGI just become part of the experience. There's very little 'in your face' effect use. I really enjoyed it. A bit like the matrix meets dances with wolves.

CHB

Saw it this morning at IMAX Bradford. This is a must see 3D movie. The experience was so good my wife actually had motion sickness at the end (though she recovered enough for curry at the Kashmir).

The 3D is totally immersive, it feels like you are there on set. In fact its so realistic that you occaisionally take it for granted and then have to pinch yourself that you are watching a movie.

To anyone who can get there I reccomend IMAX, it cost us £24 for a family of four, thats actually cheaper than cineworld on a poxy small screen.

Casting of Sigourney was inspired choice!

Drac

Aye the 3D is very convincing, the bit when their waving arms confused me for a few seconds nearly shouted at the person in front.

Tracey

Just got back, thought it was great. Nativity is anouther must to see film

Tracey

brakes
    Free Member

does Sigourney Weaver's character die? I'd be happier if she did.

CHB

Now that would spoil the film.

yetiguy
    Free Member

just seen it in 3d (also seen it in 2d)

Def see the 3d version, totally immersive

allyharp

I don't generally like sci-fi films (that includes Star Wars) and I don't think I'd be that interested in seeing a story I don't like just because it looks good…

I take it I shouldn't bother going to see it then?

billybob
    Free Member

I don't generally like sci-fi films (that includes Star Wars) and I don't think I'd be that interested in seeing a story I don't like just because it looks good…

To be fair, it's as hooey as the story in star wars, you could almost call it a modern day equivalent.

69er
    Free Member

It's incredible. Honestly, I loved it.

But I'm no Barry Norman / that other ****t. But very impressive.

beej

Just got back from seeing it in 3D.

– Visually stunning, especially the CGI stuff. The live action bits weren't as convincing in 3D as the rendered stuff. The colours and the detail on the CGI were amazing. I was amazed.
    – My first 3D film. Found it a bit odd to start with, as you have to look at what the director wants you to look at, i.e. the bit in focus. Got used to it though, by the end I'd forgotten it was 3D.
    – Plot was a bit simple and obvious.
    – Reminded me of Aliens (evil company, powered walkers, Siggy), Return of the Jedi (Ewoks) with some tree hugging hippy stuff thrown in.
    – Soundtrack was all a bit Sting meets Enya.
    – Time flew by, didn't seem long to me.

I'd recommend it just for the the visuals – 10/10 for those, 7/10 for the rest.

TheDoog
    Free Member

I've not seen it but seen all the trailers it all seems stylistically stolen from Roger Dean!!

GaVgAs
    Free Member

yep I would agree with all the above, great film with some typical JC one liners,but the effects were exellent. 😯

daveob
    Free Member

I went to see it yesterday based on this thread. I had no intention of seeing it before hand due to many of the reasons already mentioned by others. So I went with an open mind and thouroughly enjoyed it.

I normally hate this kind of film, because the CGI becomes the star, like in Terminator Salvation, but this was a triumph for subtlety. Good film, worth a cinema ticket and will not be the same on your TV.

aP
    Free Member

We went yesterday – it was ok, but too long and the cowboys and Indians plot was very slim. The 3d was pretty good but the film is about an hour too long, and isn't Sigourney about 20 years too old for these films?
    It wasn't a film that really warranted standing up and clapping at the end.

CHB

Standing up and CLAPPING!!!! You ain't in kansas anymore. Keep those yank habits over the pond please. In this country a slight nod of approval will do.

satsoma
    Free Member

Saw it yesterday afternoon and was blown away! Definitely worth the extra money to see it in 3D, 'Pandora' looked amazing…the first time I've gasped out loud in the cinema for ages.

And I'm an old hippy at heart anyway, so I loved the tree-hugging 😀

tyger
    Free Member

Whoa – see it 3D wow!! The effects amazing – just wish it wasn't a shoot 'em up cowboys and Indians. Worth seeing all the same.

TheSwede
    Free Member

Really worth watching, and I'm all growed up n shit.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘just watched AVATAR !!!!!!!!’ is closed to new replies.