Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 77 total)
  • Just run into the ex..
  • muddydwarf
    Free Member

..it's been 18 months so why does it still kick me in the guts when i unexpectedly come face to face with her?

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

You should probably get a new freezer!

dmiller
    Free Member

Zulu, i laughed! 🙂

TheSanityAssassin

You should have been driving the car at the time…

higgo
    Free Member

Zulu, i laughed too! 😀

showerman
    Free Member

no good with out pics of the ex

nicko74

why does it still kick me in the guts

er… because you actually RAN into her and she kicked you in the guts? No?

About a year ago I saw my ex of 8 years previously twice in two months near where I live. That was a bit weird. And last night I saw another ex from 3 years ago. We weren't even serious, and she was mental, but it still freaked me out a bit. My solution is to pretend they're not there as I walk past 🙂

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Made me giggle too Zulu! 🙂

We spent 8.5yrs living together so i guess it was effectively a marriage. I didn't speak, just looked away. She looked scared TBH.
    Still hurts tho.

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

18 months-2 years is the average time to "get over" a long-term relationship so don't be too hard on yourself

Bunnyhop

I've seen my long term ex a few times since I got married.
    Each time I was on my bike and he was driving his XK 8 Jag or his big jeep 4×4. Pretending to not see him at traffic lights was great fun, even when he was sitting opposite hand on horn and trying to get my attention.

It just verified that age old saying 'man with small P*n*s needs big (engine) car'.

Oooh – I hope hubby doesn't read this.

Maybe you'll never see her again md.

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

She looked scared TBH.

Its the same with my ex girlfriends when I see them.

Usually its when they realise the restraining order was just a piece of paper.

thomthumb
    Free Member

LOL.

I have way too many exs for this to be a problem.

john_drummer
    Free Member

all my ex's are so far in the past I doubt they'd recognise me any more 🙂

pk-ripper
    Free Member

Indeed. Gaffer tape works better than paper.

boxelder

I have way too many exs for this to be a problem.

You make it sound like an achievement?

rockhopperbike

PMSL !

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

It just verified that age old saying 'man with small P*n*s needs big (engine) car'.

So, from a girl's ppoint of view, is this really true?

woodsman
    Free Member

– because you're human!

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

deadlydarcy – Member

So, from a girl's ppoint of view, is this really true?

Someone is feeling very insecure right now 😉

muddydwarf
    Free Member

No restraining order against me!

I did tell her last yr that i never wanted to see her face, hear her voice or hear her name mentioned ever again. I said things that in retrospect – whilst true – were probably not good for me to let out. That's why she was looking scared, although apprehensive is probably closer to the mark.

Grrrrr.

AnalogueAndy
    Free Member

..never mind 18 months, how about 18 years..

My first true love, we were both 19. Yeah, call it 'lust' 'puppy love' but it was so intense. We were both so into each other. All over after one silly falling out.

Didn't end badly but she went off to Uni, I moved to London, we never lost touch so much as I guess thought it would never be the same, just moved on. I often wondered what happened to her, heard snippets, but at same time it was a kind of unspoken question that never got raised with mutual friends

18 years later I walked into a doctors surgery in another totally unrelated city and there she was.

Her smile, that sparkle, just the same. One of those rare occasions when I was pleased the doctor was running late. We chatted, laughed. She was happy, married, two boys. I was happy, married, two girls, almost the same ages. She was just as I remembered her, all the good times came flooding back.

The tannoy called my name. There was an uneasy silence. "Really good to see you" she said. "You too". We both knew exchanging numbers was not a good idea. One last smile and she was gone.

That was 7 years ago. I occasionally wondered when the next time might be.

chewkw
    Free Member

If you parted on the bad terms that's easy but try parting in good terms that's hard.

😐

lil-lisa
    Free Member

@ DD in my experiance always true, men with big cars are always trying to make up for something lacking

ourkidsam
    Free Member

I drive a Clio

BigDummy
    Free Member

I don't have a car.

ourkidsam
    Free Member

Touché

molgrips
    Free Member

Hmm.. that's something you carry around with you that your long term partner/wife/family never get to really know about.. previous girlfrields.. like some kind of locked safe in your brain that only you have the key to.

But yes.. took me what, 3-4-5 years to get over that first big relationship…

SST
    Free Member

We spent 8.5yrs living together so i guess it was effectively a marriage. I didn't speak, just looked away. She looked scared TBH.

just how scary can a muddy dwarf be?

roper
    Free Member

This scary

alan-sierracycling
    Free Member

My ex-wife drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her. (originally W C Fields)

GW
    Free Member

think yourself lucky, some of us still have to see our ex's on an almost daily basis for years after splitting! 😕

Obi_Twa
    Free Member

I will have one of my exes as a supervisor on my placement next year. That should be fun working with her for a month.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

"That was 7 years ago. I occasionally wondered when the next time might be."

It never dies.

Bunnyhop

I've noticed that all the boys with the ' big wheeled toys' haven't shouted up.

brassneck

Opportunity for gratuitous Spaced quote:

I still see all my ex's. Well, not so much see as… watch

McQ
    Free Member

Zulu – excellent.

Muddy – Don't worry chap my ex still can't speak to me without getting angry and it was her who totally screwed the whole thing up. So don't take it too personally, I think there is always one in a broken relationship that holds resentment and I found it tends to be the other person – funny that.

cinnamon_girl

No problems with mine – we are perfectly civil to each other. I can hold my head high and look him in the eye, trouble is he tends to look me up and down. 😉

Life's too short to fall out with people.

steve_b77
    Free Member

I saw an ex of mine a while ago in the local B&Q, we're talking 14 years since we broke up and she gave me a look like it all happened earlier that day – **** weirdo!!

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Unfortunately for me, i'm the one with the festering resentment… 👿

cinnamon_girl

muddy – you have to move on from feeling that way. It doesn't help with the healing process.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 77 total)

The topic ‘Just run into the ex..’ is closed to new replies.