Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Just had one of those rides…
  • defaultslipper
    Free Member

…that you remember.

Broken chain and punctured tyre. Had the GPS on with voice updates and she kept saying “You have travelled 0.21miles.” Strange, I didn’t think I had even got that far.

Better luck next time I think (hope!). Short walk back- dinner on and beer about to be consumed. Will have to wait til the weekend and hope Drumlanrig treats me better.

Can anyone better that?

northshoreniall

I once drove from Newcastle to Slough, had brew, picked up mate and his bike. Drove to Afan and pitched camp. Up bright and early next morning for planned days riding, 100 yards down trail had to stop as his rear hub cracked, never seen that before, so another brew and drove back to slough.
    That any better? 🙂

R.lepecha

I got one, went on a day to Gisburn, me and 2 others. Half way round one of my mates snapped there chain then split it to try make a single speed, but forgot to feed back through front derailleur.

So that failed.

We carried on with him riding a chainless bike. Obviously me and my other mate took off as we couldn’t be arsed waiting, Stopped after ever ‘checkpoint’ and waited for him. Got to one and he came round and went oh now I’ve got a flat tyre(he brought no spare tubes, and I had already had a flat) So we said OK, go back up through the fire roads and up to the start we’ll meet you there.
    We reached the start and there was no sign of him for about 20 minutes, We had no signal on our phones.
    About 45 minutes later after going back through all the forestry roads in the car he returned to the pub after getting a lift from the lake at the bottom.

Was a long day.

epicsteve
    Free Member

Commute home tonight was uphill and into a fairly nasty wind all the way, made worse by a puncture. At least I was less than a mile away from home at that point so just pushed the rest of the way.

defaultslipper
    Free Member

Some good stories. It was the fact it all happened within a minute of starting the ride. Left work early to get the ride in aswell. Just been for a dog walk so all is right again.

Bring on the weekend!

chvck
    Free Member

Drove to Cannock to do some downhilling, was travelling from Oswestry so should have only taken an hour or so. Was a bit drizzly when left but didn’t think much of it, ended up doing 30 on the m54 due to the rain being so heavy that it was impossible to see anything!

Got to cannock in the end and it cleared up a bit, hit one of the downhill tracks, got to the bottom and one of my cranks fell off, it was utterly knackered too. Walked back to the car park and went home again.

tk46hal
    Free Member

Grizdale, a couple of years ago, the 35 mile challenge in September, not a problem because I’d done it a few times before!
    Start of the race, no problems until 2/3 miles into the race, Broken chain! 🙁 Fix chain! 😀
    I forgot to say, weather shit5!
    Another mile or two, front wheel slipped from underneath me on very wet and slippy stones, now two very hurting and bleeding knees! Splash of water on the knees and a rub and off I go again!
    Front puncture! 😥 Fix puncture! 😀
    Rear puncture! 🙁 Borrow tube from my mate! Fix puncture! 😀
    After 30 miles, guess what? Puncture!! Very nice man with spare tube to my rescue!
    Crossed the line in 4 hour and 25 mins!
    I was a broken man, cold, dirty, tired and very very wet!
    I said I would never done Grizdale challenge again after that, but I did, a couple of times! 😀

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Just had one of those rides…’ is closed to new replies.