Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)
  • Just got weighed……;o(
  • ton

and i am officially the heaviest i have ever been.

22 stone and 10lbs 🙁

YoGrant
    Free Member

Eat less, ride more.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Crikey, chief! Thought you were on the road to healthier days….

As above, really! Good luck.

nealglover
    Free Member

Can’t see a problem.

(unless you aren’t 9′ 6″ tall)

Rubber_Buccaneer

I assumed Ton was short for Tony/Anthony. Now I see my mistake 🙂

Cougar

You should be pweased.

iDave
    Free Member

you know what to do – good luck!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

you know what to do

iDon’t.

Solo
    Free Member

iDon’t.

Thats alright, Ton does.
    😉

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Velly good, Cougar!

sv

iTon?

chives
    Free Member

For balance, just lost 5 kilos in 4 days on the ‘Norovirus plan’ but certainly wouldn’t recommend it…

Dread to think how much our water bill’s gonna be after all that bog flushing. Currently weaning myself back onto solid food. 😯

Bunnyhop

Chives – me too. Just lost half a stone in a week. (sorry Ton).

iainc

also half a stone gone here…since Tue – nasty bug right enough, but back on food this afternoon

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

cut white carbs out of your diet (bread, pasta, rice, wheat of any kind and all fizzy pop’s) try starting your day with a purely Protein breakfast rather than cereal or toast) eat more green stuff, nuts and salads … you’ll be down to a Svelte 20 stone in no time ;O)

nickhart
    Free Member

lots of advice but i don’t see the evidence for the advice. unless you know ton, which i don’t i wouldn’t dream of offering suggestions. other than i think you need to lose a bit there, but then people in glass houses and all that! (17 stone and 5’11”)

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

yea, some of us know Nothing.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Bloody hell ton.! 😯

22 stone 10 pounds = 144.242374kg

1000kg – 144.242374 = 855.757626

On the plus side you still have 855kg to go before you live up to your name.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

For balance, just lost 5 kilos in 4 days on the ‘Norovirus plan’

[quote]Chives – me too. Just lost half a stone in a week. [/quote]

also half a stone gone here…since Tue – nasty bug right enough

There you go ton ….. on the plus side, it means you’ve got a nice healthy gut 🙂

sparkyrhino

Good luck mate ,on a lighter note i bet u fly downhills

sparkyrhino

Lighter note OOOOPPS

kudos100
    Free Member

How tall are you ton and what did you weigh when you were at your fittest?

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

my mate was 21.7 stone, i got him to start eating sensibly 5/6 times a day (small nutritous meals) and he was down to 16 stone in under 6 months … you can do it Ton 😉

soobalias
    Free Member

did you make that full english pie that was being discussed?
    i put on two pounds just reading the thread

ton

kudos100 – Member
    How tall are you ton and what did you weigh when you were at your fittest?

kudos, i am 6ft4”. prior to my heart trouble starting i was 18.5 stone.
    managed a couple of 300k auadax rides and 100mile offroad at 18stone.

lawmanmx and idave, i have started it already, but struggling with the no carbs already.

emsz
    Free Member

that’s nearly 3 of me!!

ton

emsz, nearly 3 of the wife too. 🙁

iDave
    Free Member

It’s not ‘no carbs’ ton

It’s just different carbs

kudos100
    Free Member

So 18 stone is about fighting weight. If you want some help with training and diet send me a pm, I’d be glad to help.

All the fancy dieting in the world won’t help if you can’t stick to it.

tails
    Free Member

Could you have some kind of surgery? I’m carrying too much weight at 13st, do you struggle to exercise at that weight? Perhaps start some more exercise classes such as circuits or boxercise?

ton

Dave, you know what i meant.

tails, having a procedure on my heart 5th of march, hopefully it will work and i can get back riding/exercising

kudos, thanks for the offer mate, if i get sorted i may be intouch.

_tom_
    Free Member

I was about your weight this time 3-4 years ago. 12 stone now, didn’t follow any kind of strict diet (other than not eating like a fat ****) and all my exercise is cycling. Good luck, you can do it 🙂 Easier to stick to if you keep a normal diet and don’t eat too much, may take a lot longer though as I have found out.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

having a procedure on my heart 5th of march

Good luck mate – I take it your weigh in was for a pre-op assessment ?

My brother had recently what appears to be the same as you, but unfortunately it took 2 or 3 ops to sort it out. Finger crossed his ol’ ticker is nice and regular again. He’s back at the gym for an hour and half every day, so I guess everything is fine.

sadexpunk

lawmanmx and idave, i have started it already, but struggling with the no carbs already.

if you struggle to ‘diet’ maybe try a different approach? the only way i could shed fat was to use ‘intermittent fasting’. wife does it now too. theres different methods. either eat normally in an 8hr window, zero calories for the remaining 16 (youll find you eat less), or….do 24hr fasts, twice a week. sounds savage but its actually quite easy when you get started. once youve finished tea, zero cals til tomorrow tea.
    eat normally when you are eating. and youll obviously only consume 5 sevenths of what you would have done each week. i found its far easier than eating smaller meals, counting calories, greeen days/red days/sins etc.

may not be for you, but have a google, theres loads of info on it. sounds unhealthy but it actually appears to be the opposite and theres links to show it can improve some health issues such as diabetes.

best of luck.

takisawa2

Hey Ton. Going to risk a slating but what the eck’…
    WeightWatchers. Working for me. Online tracker that’s a doddle to use. Meetings…take them or leave them. Mostly women, but usually just pop along to get weighed. Had a few snear & take the mick, but its working. Hardest part is eating enough at first…!!! 🙂
    Drop me an email if you want boring some more.
    I’m sure some GP’s can refer you so you save the fees.

ourmaninthenorth

tails, having a procedure on my heart 5th of march, hopefully it will work and i can get back riding/exercising

Best of luck – hope they get some control of it this time. Would be really great to know you can get on top of it and get back to some sort or normality.

I’ll mail you at some point – I’ve loads of questions about AF (having been newly diagnosed).

And good luck with the iDiet. It’s a good way of doing it whilst not being able to move around much.

Tom

Bagstard
    Free Member

Ton, try my cottage ipie, it’s delicious and pie!

Cottage pie mince as per normal, but stick plenty of carrots in then top with mashed butter bean, cauliflower and turnip and bake. After eating it a few times you forget it’s not potato.

Good luck mate.

Bagstard
    Free Member

Edit, salt, pepper and garlic puree to taste.

Solo
    Free Member

Ton.

You’ve been watching the iDave/Diet thing going on here on STW for ages now.

I think you know what you have to do.
    Only question is, how much do you want it ?.
    iDave made a good point, again.
    It is not a no carb diet.
    It is a low GI diet which still has plenty of carbohydrate, for the Zillionth time.
    😉

Dave got himself sorted…
    Dave went the MDA route, but I think the results are impressive.
    I have found that there is a crossover between iDiet and MDA.
    So I’ve selected what I want from both.

Pyro

I may end up hating myself/others for this…
    iDave, could you send me some info on the diet?

I’m wanting (and struggling) to shift a chunk of beer gut – could ideally do with dropping a stone (5’9″, 13.5 stone). I’m a very active runner, biker and kayaker but also eat like a horse and don’t always pay attention to exactly what I’m chucking down my neck…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Just got weighed……;o(’ is closed to new replies.