Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Just gone 1×9
  • momo

First ride out on the new setup tomorrow, hopefully got everything right or else it could be an interesting day tomorrow.

Took a few photos while I was in the garage

How it started

P1000860 by le_grande_momo, on Flickr

And how it ended up

P1000887 by le_grande_momo, on Flickr

And I couldn’t resist a few close-ups

P1000896 by le_grande_momo, on Flickr

P1000897 by le_grande_momo, on Flickr

P1000899 by le_grande_momo, on Flickr

P1000900 by le_grande_momo, on Flickr

P1000903 by le_grande_momo, on Flickr

mikey74
    Free Member

What size chainring are you running? I’ve recently done the same thing on my hardtail and going to do it on my full-suss too.

I’m running a 36t on my hardtail and it seemed perfect on the ride I did the other day.

nickegg
    Free Member

That looks like the standard 32 tooth XTR ring to me.

mrblobby
    Free Member

A shorter cage rear mech and that will look the business 8)

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Lower idler needs to come up/in. As it is, the chain can double up on itself and jam in between the idler and the chainring. The e13 guide looks altogether uncomfortable on that frame, in my opinion; although very few guides would be able to cope with a BB that high up from the chainstay. Truvativ BoxGuide is the only one that springs to mind.

momo

Idler was raised after photos were taken, sits as high as possible on this frame. It is the standard 32t ring on there, the chainguide was a free gift with a dirt subscription, I had to buy some short chainring bolts but other than that this has cost me nothing so far.

First ride out today and I like it anyway, long term plan is to convert this bike to 1×10 and stick the 9 speed gear back on my other bike.

squiff
    Free Member

My hardtail and FS are both 1×9 set up, I have never looked back, it brings your fitness on too.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Just gone 1×9’ is closed to new replies.