Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Just cooked my first home grown spuds…
  • neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Nice.

The good life here we come… 😉

Swiftacular
    Free Member

Good feeling isn’t it, we havent had to buy a lettuce yet this summer 😀
    Should be on our first allotment this time next week.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I rent a house and the garden is silly big. Thinking of using all of it next year.

Swiftacular
    Free Member

Ah, cool, our garden isnt too small, but with two kids it wouldn’t be fair to use too much of the garden for growing.
    We’re going to be the proud “owners” of 1/4 rood of land, maybe even 1/2 rood.

MoreCashThanDash

Had our first spuds yesterday, looking at drowning under broad beans (which I hate), even the peas are catching up. Haven’t bought a lettuce for a couple of months, and half ends up going to the guinea pigs.

RubberMallet
    Free Member

No way just had mine today! They were ace! From tut lotment! Had nice salad bits from there for a while! Peas will be ready soon too!

stugus
    Free Member

Got some beetroot today, plenty of strawberrys again although these are nearly finished. Oh and raspberries, I could easily have picked a carrier bags worth!!
    Got some charlotte potatoes on the go and some broad beans too. Courgettes are well on their way too!

DoctorRad
    Free Member

Got about a dozen turnips from the lotty in the fridge ready to be mashed or curried, along with two huge bags of turnip tops for turning into sag. Yum.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Just cooked my first home grown spuds…’ is closed to new replies.