Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 73 total)
  • just caught a burglar!
  • Grimy
    Free Member

Just got home from work, 4.30am, and parked up, heared a noise up the road and figured it would be nothing but checked it out anyway. Only found two teenagers breaking into the back of the corner house. Stupidly shouted at them instead of letting them go into the empty house as the owners were on holiday. When they bolted I Cought one. Longest 5mins of my life waiting for the police and I’m shaking like a shitting dog now. having a beer to calm the nerves. Feel like I’ve achived something, but they’ll probably get off with a warning. Never know, maybe one less bike shed thief on the street. Sorry, just had to tell somebody, everyone else I know is asleep and I don’t want to worry my fiancee.

creamegg
    Free Member

fair play takes balls to do that as its so unpredictable as to how they will react. Well deserved beer!

AirconAde
    Free Member

Good on ya mate! I hope the little f**ker was scared sh*tless while you were waiting for the Bib.

baldSpot
    Free Member

Well done 🙂

Grimy
    Free Member

Cheers fellas, but to be fair, I was shit scared the other one would come back whilst I was waiting with his mate pinned. The lady at the 999 center was golden, she really helped, and the police were fantasticly fast really. Sorry the poor neigbours have a large glass window to replace, but at least they didn’t get in. It’s not like I live in a rough area either so I figured theyd be misguided youthes rather than hardened knife holding thugs. Thankfully I was right and I kinda felt sorry for the bugger when the police turned up. Short Sharp shock might put him right for the future though hey.

Slap
    Free Member

A big well done from me as well. With a bit of luck you’ve helped to put him back on the straight and narrow. Who knows, without your intervention they may have targeted other houses in your street in the future as well.

enfht
    Free Member

Well done Sir, top stuff

Hope you knelt on his head

Teetosugars
    Free Member

TJ will be a long in a minute explaining how you are now in the wrong, and by helping aprehend this theiving scumbag fine, upstanding pillar of our community, you have violated his human rights, & that actually, it’s the owner of the house, by leaving it empty, who are in the wrong.

But I, like most, will congratulate you on this!

TheFlyingOx

Hehe. I was about to say how long before Grimy gets a visit from the BiB to explain why he’s being arrested for false imprisonment or some such balls.

Nevertheless, well done sir!

stevemorg2

nice one – hopefully one less thieving scumbag able to nick bikes now!

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Teetosugars – Member
    TJ will be a long in a minute explaining how you are now in the wrong, and by helping aprehend this theiving scumbag fine, upstanding pillar of our community, you have violated his human rights, & that actually, it’s the owner of the house, by leaving it empty, who are in the wrong.

yes there are some on the forum who don’t believe in ringing the police (they call them something else beginning with “B” and it’s not Bobbies) and that you are a “grass” for ringing them. They espose that there should have been some community punishment given out by the community (obviously non-violent)

To the OP,

A big well done from me as well. With a bit of luck you’ve helped to put him back on the straight and narrow. Who knows, without your intervention they may have targeted other houses in your street in the future as well.

+1 😀

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

+1 well done

M6TTF
    Free Member

Haha brilliant. You should’ve got in touch with elfin, he would have offered them both a place to stay at his

CHB

well done.

takisawa2

Cap duly dothed at you mate. Bloody well done. Copped a scrote checking car doors on my road once but the police were seemingly more interested in the wrong I’d done in taking a snap of him as he gave me a mouthfull, but hey ho, he’s not been back.

Riksbar

Good man! Enjoy the beer!

althepal

Good work fella. This is exactly the sort of thing my wife would prob discourage me from doing but that that I would regret forever if I did not do something similar to you!
    Well done for not taking the easy option.
    Need more of This sort of thing these days!

Murray

Well done. As others have said you may have done the yoof a favour by stopping his criminal career early. You’ve certainly done all your neighbours a favour.

allthepies
    Free Member

Well done fella.

Keep ’em peeled folks.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Fight or flight situation mate and you did what you did. Many wouldn’t.

I’d like to think I’d have done the same but I just don’t know.

Well deserved beer and karma points for you.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Teetosugars – Member

What a stupid thing to say. Why you accuse me of that I don’t know. idiot.

Well done to the OP. I hope I would have the bottle to do the same.

enfht
    Free Member

What a stupid thing to say

Oh the irony 😉

bellys
    Free Member

Well done fella

donsimon
    Free Member

Stoner
    Free Member

What a stupid thing to say. Why you accuse me of that I don’t know

because there’s much truth said in jest, and you are so blind as to how you really come over sometimes. EDITWho am I kidding: All the time

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Stoner- don’t be ridiculous its petty and unpleasant and nothing like my point of view

too many folk on here cannot take being challenged and when their cosy assumptions are challenged they behave like this.

Stoner
    Free Member

too many folk on here cannot take being challenged and when their cosy assumptions are challenged they behave like this.

indeed, indeed. 🙄

charliedontsurf

Good work. Shakes you up a bit doesn’t it.

People stupid enough to burgle and stupid enough to blame you for being nicked. I suggest you find out who they are and where they live, just so you know who you are dealing with, and try and avoid them knowing anything about you. I don’t want to worry you. But it’s good to have a plan.

kimbers

good work fellah !
    like to think I’d have the balls in the same situation

not sure why some people felt the need to drag the thread into a slagging match but hey Ho

ton

well done mate
    hope you gave him a thick ear when you caught him….. 8)

smell_it
    Free Member

Great stuff mate, too many folk would have walked away.

I’m shaking like a shitting dog

And I fully intend to try and use this phrase more!

ski
    Free Member

Nice one Grimy, sounds like the home owner owes you a drink or two when they come back 😉

Just curious, how exactly did you stop him from running off for that 5 min?

I have seen 3 Coppers struggle holding one scroat in the past

hora
    Free Member

Knee on chest or back. I’m not sure the Police can do this as it can be really painful (and cause bruising).

D0NK

Can’t recall TJ ever saying anything about being a grass or calling the cops, probably would have had something to say if OP had employed Ton’s suggestion.

Good work OP, I have collared someone and waited for the cops, scary experience.

chunkypaul
    Free Member

who gives a shit about bruising them, the real pain is felt my the house owners

well done grimy!

morgs
    Free Member

Top man. Well done.

Next time, hand cuff them and lie them down on their front. Not that I’m condoning situational asphyxia….. (Joke…that was a JOKE! Calm down TJ et al, I don’t really believe that these misguided thieving little chavs should all be culled. Sterilised maybe, but bnot culled)

M6TTF
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member
    Stoner- don’t be ridiculous its petty and unpleasant and nothing like my point of view

pot, kettle, black

retro83
    Free Member

Well done op!

TandemJeremy
    What a stupid thing to say. Why you accuse me of that I don’t know. idiot.

Tut tut. After complaining about ricky using the word ‘mong’, too. 🙂

16stonepig
    Free Member

Hat!

thegreatape
    Free Member

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 73 total)

The topic ‘just caught a burglar!’ is closed to new replies.