Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Just broken my daughter's hudl 2 screen. What replacement?
  • bol

After telling her repeatedly to look after it – I’ve just broken the screen. A quick look about reveals that unlike with iPads, there’s no hudl screen replacing industry. It’ll cost about £80 to replace the screen, which is only £50 less than we paid for it 18 months ago. So, should I get it fixed, or is there something as good or better for about £100? Alternatively, should we give her our iPad 2 and treat ourselves to a new one? The latter option seems a little indulgent given her age.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

If you can live with a grade B (mild scratches) digitiser I can fix it for circa £55

BigJohn

Buy 15 months subscription to the independent and get a free iPad mini.

b1gf00t
    Free Member

A Chuwi Hi8 costs about £100 and works well on Android and Windows 10. I seem to use the Android OS the most though.

ade9933
    Free Member

a football or a pencil and paper? 😉

bol

Thanks guys. A few options to think about. How easy is the Chuwi to use Bigfoot? It looks good value.

b1gf00t
    Free Member

Android works as usual Android does, only version 4.4, but never really notice that. Windows 10 is ok but there are no apps made for YouTube and probably others missing but that is a common W10 issue.

Switching between them is easy, just one click. You can also choose which OS on boot up.

av2012
    Free Member

>> A quick look about reveals that unlike with iPads, there’s no hudl screen replacing industry.

There is now! It sort of popped out nowhere a few months back. You can now purchase replacement Hudl 2 Screen in any of the 8 colours on Amazon and eBay for about £35 including shipping.

I’ve just launched a Hudl 2 repair site with DIY Videos: http://www.hudl2.jellypie.co.uk

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Anybody know how to get flash working on Hudl?

£35 isn’t too bad.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Just broken my daughter's hudl 2 screen. What replacement?’ is closed to new replies.