Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 123 total)
  • Just broke up
  • RealMan
    Free Member

Because I’m spending too much time on the bike and not enough with her – pretty much her words. So now I feel like a shitty cycling god. It’s not great. Anyone else had this? People who hide their new bikes from the SO and then can’t come for a ride because they have to do housework need not apply.

Least this frees me up to ride my bike even more 😀

Onzadog
    Free Member

Did you offer to help her out with a bike? If so, ride away with a clear conscience. You gave it a fair chance.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

was there any warning?

donsimon
    Free Member

Shit happens?

Bez

A real man would do it on re-entry.

peterfile
    Free Member

well to be fair mate, if you’re neglecting someone you care about to ride your bike, you can sort of understand why she walked? how much time were you actually spending with her compared to your bike?

don’t get me wrong, my girlfriend would NEVER stop me going out on my bike, but if it was ever getting to the stage that i was making her upset, I’d probably go out a bit less.

sorry if i’m not coming across very sympathetic mate, but for fecksake, it’s only a bike at the end of the day, so unless you can teach it to give you decent blowjobs, i think you need to get your priorities sorted out.

headfirst
    Free Member

We broke up yesterday too! God it seemed like ages coming. At last two weeks off!

Oh you didn’t mean it that way…

RealMan
    Free Member

A real man would do it on re-entry.

If that means what I think it means already done.

Warning? Sort of. Nothing I could do really though.

Taff
    Free Member

I was told that riding a bike 6 evenings a week after work wasn’t on and I came to a compromise to two night a week. My previous mrs didn’t have a choice and I told her that but I care for my current one too much to say something like that. Happy riding!!

RealMan
    Free Member

Was seeing her properly 3 or 4 times a week, and everyday with others. You rank a blowjob better then a bike ride? Depends on the route really.

Bez

I like the “hey, you’re treating women like crap because you’re respecting them less than your bike” argument that ends with the “but if you can get a blowy then fair play” line. Nice.

Cougar

What you need there is a woman with a hobby.

Sorry dude.

RealMan
    Free Member

What you need there is a woman with a hobby.

Think you could be very very right.

Gary_M
    Free Member

You need to get a grip fella, there are far more important things in life than riding a bike.

Out of interest how much is ‘too much time on a bike’?

Taff
    Free Member

I agree with that. My mrs dOesnt do anything. She likes the occasional ride but doesn’t have a hobby as such. If age had something to do other than housework then she would probably let me ride some more

RealMan
    Free Member

You need to get a grip fella, there are far more important things in life than riding a bike.

Important to who? You? Me?

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

there are far more important things in life than riding a bike.

Are there!?!

donsimon
    Free Member

Good point, but most of the pros/elite riders I know have wives or girlfriends,
    Have you asked yourself why you (want to) ride so much?

peterfile
    Free Member

I like the “hey, you’re treating women like crap because you’re respecting them less than your bike” argument that ends with the “but if you can get a blowy then fair play” line. Nice.

Sorry, i forgot to put my “tongue in cheek” disclaimer at the bottom of my post for the internet literalists.

RealMan
    Free Member

Have you asked yourself why you (want to) ride so much?

Because I enjoy it…? Sounds like a stupid question.

Gary_M
    Free Member

We all love riding bikes but you know you need to get it in perspective. So how much is ‘too much’ then.

The majority of us who do a lot of riding can also cope with family life. Just needs a balance.

peterfile
    Free Member

So how much is ‘too much’ then.

I would hazard a guess that if your girlfriend leaves you because of how much you ride, then that’s probably too much 😀

My other half loves it when i go out on my bike. It cheers me up and gives her peace to watch crap NBO programmes that she’s Sky+ed

Junkyard
    Free Member

You rank a blowjob better then a bike ride?

the route will always be available on demand when you choose the same is not true of a BJ
    Bikes will always be there to ride but not necessarily the woman…. you have just learnt this now go reflect and make your choice.
    HTH and chin up

Rorschach
    Free Member

I got the ultimatum from the wife….I don’t miss her.

donsimon
    Free Member

Because I enjoy it…? Sounds like a stupid question.

Be careful, as I said at the beginning fair enough. Why are you here telling us? You made a decision to ride your bike, you’re happy with that decision, but you seem unhappy at the break up. There is such a thing as a happy balance. As I said lots of top cyclists seem to have found that balance, you haven’t. What’s next?

Onzadog
    Free Member

Hey, it’s not rocket science. If your natural reaction wasn’t to cut back on the riding then splitting up sounds like the best thing for both of you.

You’re either hiding behind flippancy or you’re not to surprised at what’s happened and are not overly bothered.

RichPenny
    Free Member

You need to get a grip fella

Well he’s got no choice now she’s left him 😆

+1 on the hobby comment, different interests are good.

trailertrash

You saw her three or four times a week one on one + times in other social situations. That’s quite a lot. I am surprised you had any time for riding a bike at all.

RealMan
    Free Member

Maybe I’m just an idiot. Yes I’m upset, but I don’t regret what I did. I’d do it again.

That’s quite a lot.

What I told her. Wasn’t enough.

kimbers

veal shag ?

Junkyard
    Free Member

then she is not the one if she was you would do things differently given the chance.

Gary_M
    Free Member

So can you answer the question of how much time you spend on the bike in an average week then?

trailertrash

@junkyard yourlackofpunctuationmakesyourpostsaboutaseasytoreadasthisonesortitout 🙂

RealMan
    Free Member

3 road rides a week, usually around 3 training sessions in the gym a week, occasional day or weekend trip mtbing.

Junkyard
    Free Member

that read fine 😆
    honestly it did 😯

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

RealMan – Member

“You need to get a grip fella, there are far more important things in life than riding a bike”.

If you don’t think there is anything more important in life than riding a bike, then she has obviously done the right thing. Good for her.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Is that all, that’s not really very much riding now is it.

To be brutally honest I would think she was using the bike as an excuse. Are you still at school/college? You come across as very immature.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I call troll.

RealMan
    Free Member

Uni, and cheers.. Lol.

trailertrash

You are one busy dude. Questions: Do you have a job? How? What exactly did seeing your now ex girlfriend 3 or 4 times a week plus other times involve? Do you literally mean you saw her three times a week, a ‘drive-by relationship’ if you like.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 123 total)

The topic ‘Just broke up’ is closed to new replies.