Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 108 total)
  • Just bought a wanga frame
  • trickydisco
    Free Member

Biggest regret was selling my old Titanium voodoo djab frame when I was strapped for cash.. I ran it Singlespeed, geared, had a 100mm fork and tried a 130mm. Great handling bike and reminded me of an old kona explosif as I’ve always loved the geometry

So i saw the steel version going on ebay and couldn’t resist.

I’ve seen posts of people running them as a 69er and 650b. Really interested int he 650b route. What fork would i have to get to accommodate the larger wheel?

Does anyone know what year the frame is? I notice it’s got a gusset under the downtube by the headtube. Haven’t seen this on earlier versions?

trying to get hold of one of those oval goldtec rings that apparently fit a middleburn (rs7)

rOcKeTdOg

Mine doesn’t have a gusset, same colour though, makes a great 69er

trickydisco
    Free Member

How long did you have it as a 69er? Did you have it set up singlespeed?

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Was watching them, but not my size coming up sadly. So bought a Dale instead. Look great.

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

What size is that one in the pic ? …. and how do they come up size wise ? .. usually ride a 16″

rOcKeTdOg

it’s been a 69er longer than it was a 26er

there have been other incarnations

trickydisco
    Free Member

What size is that one in the pic ? …. and how do they come up size wise ?

I bought a 17″

rOcKeTdOg

mine is a 19″

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Just made the guy an offer and he accepted it ! .. im now the owner of a 17″ wanga 🙂 …. need to shift my 16″scandal frame now 😉

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I have an 18, which I should really sell but can’t bring myself to, so the frame is sitting in the garage, and I bought some p2 forks to go with it for pub/shop duties.

trickydisco
    Free Member

Just made the guy an offer and he accepted it

Awesome. Post up pics when u have it built

What you thinking geared or SS?

trickydisco
    Free Member

rocketdog.. did you ever try it with 650b wheels?

trickydisco
    Free Member

Also.. how was it as a 69er?

binners

You basically can’t go far wrong with any frame Joe Murrey has put together. Loved my old Wanga. There’s nothing better on some swoopy singletrack. I Had to get shut of it when I lost my business and had to rationalise the bike collection. Theres not much better than a decent steel hardtail.

Enjoy! 😀

wiiija
    Free Member

The one bike out of the ridiculous amount I’ve had over the years that I truly miss. I ran it single speed rigid with a stupidly light (and expensive) build and I loved it! The same frame in a 29 flavour would be amazing!

Xylene
    Free Member

Got an original imported one from Cycleworks from a long time ago. Being abused by my brother just now.Once the tight git decides to what new bike he is going to buy I think I will ship the frame out to build up again.

When I mangled the dropouts, I contacted Voodoo and Joe Murray himself replied. Great customer service.

Shame Halfords got involved in the UK and made them all hydroformed crap.

Ran mine single speed, 3×9 1×10 –

Wally

I found mine to be very flexy. Kept dropping the chain when run SS.
    Lovely ride though.

Alex

[url=https://flic.kr/p/4dxWMf]Voodoo Wanga[/url] by Alex Leigh, on Flickr

I had one a few years ago. Paint was very thin. Seem to remember had some issues keeping the rear wheel in straight. Probably user error. Looked nice tho, think that’s an 18.

m0rk
    Free Member

Can you still get dropouts? If so, I might snatch one of the few on eBay

Xylene
    Free Member

Email voodoo – they will sort them out for you

Xylene
    Free Member

My dropouts slid, wheel was always slightly over, i put it down to me being a fat git.

Never thought of sanding them down

Wally

That’s three of us with slipping rear wheels. The third time I hit my Nutts on the stem after giving it some welly up a hill I sold it. Tried sanding it and threadlock.

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

trickydisco – Member
    Just made the guy an offer and he accepted it
    Awesome. Post up pics when u have it built

What you thinking geared or SS?

Not sure which way to go yet, gears or ss … i already have a 853 on one SS as well and so may go gears ..

walla24
    Free Member

£100! bargain of the year!

I missed mine so much i bought/shipped one from america for a future build….enjoy your build!

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

walla24 – Member
    £100! bargain of the year!

I missed mine so much i bought/shipped one from america for a future build….enjoy your build!

I offered £85 and he accepted :0) .. bigger bargain !

walla24
    Free Member

nice 😆

mm93
    Free Member

Mine has got a gusset.I think it’s a 2010.

trickydisco
    Free Member

Do you think the gusset on the later model is due to an Increase in fork travel? I’ve

m0rk
    Free Member

I’d also offered £85, and he just accepted… So I’ll be raiding the spares bin to build up Friday afternoon (or so)

Wondering if I might go fat front as I have a spare pair of forks 🙂

binners

Dug out a piccie of my old one….

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

@ m0rk .. for that type of money its gotta be worth a bash 🙂 .. just need to strip my scandal down now

flip456
    Free Member

Well they didn’t sell out fast enough so I had to buy one too 🙂

trickydisco
    Free Member

I’ve started something now 🙂

The fat front idea sounds interesting

flip456
    Free Member

I’m liking rockedogs 69er. I currently have some old rc31 forks which might be able to squeeze a 29″ wheel in. Failing that I’ve always fancied some salsa Cro motos, just need to track some down.

onlysteel
    Free Member

Tempted. Size-wise 19″ for 6’1″?

Houns

Fine

flip456
    Free Member

Mines arrived yeah 🙂
    Rc31 steerer length too short, boooo 🙁
    Now need some new forks possibly for 69er use, what length a-c should I get, maybe carbon, most probably steel. Suggestions please.

miketually
    Free Member

I currently have some old rc31 forks which might be able to squeeze a 29″ wheel in.

I’ve had a 29er wheel in my 420mm A-C steel On-One forks, which are relatively short for a modern 26er fork.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

there’s mine – bought the frame 2nd hand and it had just had a Bob Jackson respray to that colour.

Also ran it with an RC31 and slicks for a while and did the Cairgorms classic sportive on it.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 108 total)

The topic ‘Just bought a wanga frame’ is closed to new replies.