Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 290 total)
  • just been assaulted
  • BoardinBob

j-cru – Member
    The force used was reasonable, the police would’ve probably maced him

The Met police would have shot him…

philconsequence
    Free Member

😀 no need for an irony detector. quite a few forum members have met me and some have been unfortunate to stumble across the odd photo of me so knew before opening the thread it wasnt me. easy mistake to make dude, must’ve been pretty frustrating that nobody else was having a go at me i imagine!

ransos
    Free Member

On my unremarkable commute home last night:

Approx 10 cars seen speeding (activated illuminated 30 mph sign)
    1 car jumped red light.
    1 cyclist riding without lights.
    1 cyclist making illegal right turn.

All illegal activity.

Just saying.

Woody
    Free Member

Ransos

What you need is a tandem and a Big Man 😉

clubber
    Free Member

I thought that jumping red lights was ok if you’re on a bike? no?

ransos
    Free Member

I thought that jumping red lights was ok if you’re on a bike? no?

I’m not making any moral judgements about any of the illegal activity I described. I just find it curious that people seem to be so exercised about petty fare-dodging.

ransos
    Free Member

Ransos

What you need is a tandem and a Big Man

I was the one making the illegal right turn, so I expect my punishment would be getting thrown off the bike…

clubber
    Free Member

But I’ve got it on good authority (some would say THE authority) that it’s ok to jump red lights. 😀

GrahamS

I just find it curious that people seem to be so exercised about petty fare-dodging.

Perhaps they were more “exercised” about the Wee Scrote (Sam “Sugarfree” Main) being abusive and threatening towards the elderly ticket inspector?

I used to skip plenty of fares when I was a wee scrote. But I wouldn’t have given the guard ballache for catching me.

davidrussell
    Free Member

has the wee bawbags page been removed? An advert for Facebook privacy settings if there ever was one.

druidh
    Free Member

As I think someone on here has previously said – in relation to speeding – “if you can’t to the time, don’t do the crime”

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Zulu-Eleven – Member

i) he was still on the train, and had repeatedly refused to leave when lawfully requested to do so by a person enacted with the power to do so – clearly the only way of preventing the continuing commission of the crime (fare evasion) was to remove him from the train – ergo, the use of force was reasonable.

No zulu – you are still not accepting the need to be “reasoanble” there is no threat of violence here. If the member of the public does not get involved there is no further crime being committed.

for the use of force to be reasonable it must be proportionate to the crime committed and be the minimum needed and commensurate with the risk of violence offered.

The fare evasion is not a violent crime therefore it is not reasonable to use force in this situation.

By your logic I can use any level of violence to prevent any crime. so I can kill people who pavement park.

I would also like to see some evidence that the guard is authorised to remove people by force. ~all your bylaw quote states is that people can be so authorised not that every train operative is so authorised.

organic355
    Free Member

Christ is this still going?

Drac

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

We all know that ZuluBitty is wrong of course and that it doesn’t matter whether TeeJ is wrong or not. Now that now that he and ZuluBitty have locked horns (very small, little furry horns), this could go on all night.

And will eventually be closed by ze mods.

I only wish No Pay had managed to get his feet either side of the door before being chucked off – that would have been an interesting struggle.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Yeah, you’re rightTJ, whatever!

Read it yourself and weep that you’re talking balls.

s24 – enforcement

s25 1. (i) definitions

http://www2.dft.gov.uk/pgr/rail/legislation/regs/railwaysbyelaws.pdf

🙄

cynic-al
    Free Member

TJ’s fantastic/fantasy interpretation of Z11’s statement is giving me the LOLVOs

trailmonkey

it makes me feel bad about myself.

if i was there i’d want to do what big man does but i probably wouldn’t have the guts.

good on him.

imnotamused
    Free Member

This is a reminder for anyone posting incessantly on this thread to have tea, just in case you forget

legend
    Free Member

Anyone posted the response yet?

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPNWkkzpjN4[/video]

Actually, just watching it for the first time now and it’s pish. Feel free to ignore this post (was hoping he was the guy that turfed the Scrote onto the platform)

Rorschach
    Free Member

Someone taped over pages 4 and 5….has anybody got a betamax copy they could borrow me?

philconsequence
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaAoTA3t_yk[/video]

amplebrew

The original video has made the BBC news.

They’re talking to the guy who filmed it now along with a retired Met Officer discussing the pros and cons to members of the public getting involved.

druidh
    Free Member

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/home-news/man-filmed-throwing-student-off-train-amid-ticket-row-is-identified.16152419

All the involved parties now identified and no-pays father is talking about assault charges as his son has a graze on his face. He should consider himself lucky he doesn’t have a criminal record.

DezB
    Free Member

no-pays father is talking about assault charges

Some parents are incredible. No wonder so many kids have no f-in respect for anyone these days.

druidh
    Free Member

DezB – Member

Some parents are incredible. No wonder so many kids have no f-in respect for anyone these days.Mrs Druidh and I were discussing this whole affair last night. She’s in the “it’s assault” camp, I’m on the “no lasting damage” side of the argument. I asked my 15-year old daughter what she thought and she reckoned she’d rather have a been thrown off than have a criminal record.

phil.w
    Free Member

no-pays father is talking about assault charges

Didn’t know TJ had a son. 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

I’m on the “Why are you trying to avoid paying your train fair?” side of the argument.
    “Try that again and I’ll take you to the police station myself, you stupid brat!”

bigyinn
    Free Member

Mr Main’s father Lenny, of Falkirk, called for Mr Pollock to face assault charges. The 43-year-old said: “This big guy has basically thrown him head first on to the platform. Sam’s landed on his face, and has a big graze.

“He’s tried to get back in the carriage to get his bag. He’s diabetic and all his things were in that bag – his medication, his university notes, his money, his mobile phone and his ipod. But he’s been thrown off again. This man has to be charged.”
    Wait a minute, I though he had no money, hence couldn’t pay for a ticket.
    I have to say that although the boy is no longer a minor, if I was his father I’d be kicking his arse and I certainly wouldn’t be making comments that would draw attention to his sons idiocy and attitude.
    I love the way that he bleats on about his sons medication being left behind as well.
    Nasty big man put my son in a coma……

druidh
    Free Member

He claims he had a ticket but was too “tired” to spot he’d handed over the wrong one and if you watch the video you can see another passenger taking the lads bag to the door of the train.

Junkyard
    Free Member

it is assault he could have man handled him off IMHO but he threw him to the floor at least twice from what i have seen – the damage suggestst it was assault.

That said it seemed like a bit of instant karma tbh and if it was my lad I would not be pressing charges and would say learn a lesson son

Sancho
    Free Member

Compensation claim coming down the tracks.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

druidh – Member
    …… She’s in the “it’s assault” camp, I’m on the “no lasting damage” side of the argument.

Both can be true. You don’t need any damage for it to be assault.

bigyinn
    Free Member

transporter13
    Free Member
    BoardinBob

His father sounds like a douche. My old man would have kicked my arse if he’d seen me acting like a prick on a train.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

His dad should kick his little wee Scotch Egg heed in for bringing shame on his family.

GW
    Free Member

last 5secs of Legends vid sums it up better than any of you have

😆

cynic-al
    Free Member

GW – Member
    last 5secs of Legends vid sums it up better than any of you have

You mean “some of youse don’t have a ****ing clue”?

What a surprise 🙄

cynic-al
    Free Member

Would be good to hear the young guy’s version…from the Herald article:

He said: “In the morning I got a ticket from Polmont to Edinburgh Park before 10am, so I wasn’t able to use my railcard to get a return. The guy sold me two singles but they were both for Polmont to Edinburgh. I didn’t realise until later but I thought I’d be able to explain what happened to the conductor on the train.*

“I was on my way home from my second exam when it happened. I’m diabetic and hadn’t eaten all day** so I was just desperate to get home. I wasn’t given a chance to explain the ticket situation. The conductor just immediately said: That’s the wrong ticket. Off!

“I didn’t even see the other guy coming. He lifted me up from behind and all I could see was chairs and the floor. He chucked me off and I landed right on my face. I tried to get back on to get my bag but I was shoved off again. I did get my bag back after that though.

“I ended up getting a taxi back to Falkirk. It cost me £20. I did have money to buy another ticket but I wasn’t given the option.***”

* Should have done it at the station – fair enough if he had not time to do so early on due to exam
    ** Really? Wouldn’t he be passing out?
    *** was he not saying on the video he’d no money?

Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 290 total)

The topic ‘just been assaulted’ is closed to new replies.