Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • just back from Rammstein gig
  • rOcKeTdOg

OMG! awesome

taken during Feuer Frei

druidh
    Free Member

Was Hora there?

naokfreek
    Free Member

Did they (hopefully) burn to death?

SteveTheBarbarian
    Free Member

I was there – it was awesome. Combichrist were the best warm up band I've ever seen too.

mildred

Went to see them on the Reise Reise tour – flame throwers out the arms!!! but this looks like they've took it to another fire level!

Where?

rOcKeTdOg

LG Arena in Brum

playing in London tonight

MrNutt
    Free Member

(2004 is Sweden)

personally I prefer The Inchtabokatables.

tazzymtb

the saddest thing is the amount of people at a gig in that picture watching it through the view finder of a camera rather than actually just getting on with being at a gig. I always make sure I have nothing of value with me as you cant get into a good mosh if you keep thinking "****, where's my phone/camera/carkeys/miniDv etc…"

Rammstein always put on a good show 😀

superdan

I went to german international school, and speak fluently, what I don't get is the crowd singing along in a language they don't seem to understand.

Case in point: we saw them at Manchester on Tuesday night, it was amazing, but the song where the laser eyed exploding babies drop down was some very sarcastic take on Mr Fritzl and his cellar family. There seemed to be a whole chunk of the crowd more wowed by the stage show than by the second level of it. Hohum
    (Also Keine Lust is as far as I can figure about wanting to shag animals and so on, bit wrong watching 16 y/o girls screaming along to it, having no idea what its about)

hora
    Free Member

Fantastic photo. I was at a concert on the Reise Reise tour 😀

Fireworks/pyrotechnics great – however I still remember the deep heavy/loud bass reverberating through the floor

MrSparkle

Talking of the deep base, right at the end of the Manchester gigs there were a couple of blasts of something that came pretty close to 'brown noise'. That would have made it a night to remember!
    Ref. singing along in German, there was a girl behind me who seemed to be pretty much word perfect in a lot of the songs, the effect was spoilt somewhat by her totally flat voice and the strong Manc accent!

rOcKeTdOg

some of the english speaking bands have lyrics i don't understand, but hey it's a great show, that's all that matters,some dodgily dressed people there, one in full Wehrmarkt uniform, the bounus was the girl dressed as the evil queen from the Sonne video! i agree about the phones/cameras though normally but rammstein are unique it's a spectacle and you don't get to see them play that often, i have an excuse, i have a photo taking fetish

more unedited pics here, don't look if you are going tonight, it might spoil it for you http://www.flickr.com/photos/rocketdog/sets/72157623223868411/

oldgit
    Free Member

My little girl was there last night for sure.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I am so looking forward to tonight 😀

DezB
    Free Member

the saddest thing is the amount of people at a gig in that picture watching it through the view finder of a camera

Oh god, I can't agree enough.
    This pisses me off at gigs so I better not say much more.
    Just glad I'm not into plodding, shouty, deutsche show-bands.

rOcKeTdOg

welcome to 2010 🙁

monkeychild
    Free Member

the saddest thing is the amount of people at a gig in that picture watching it through the view finder of a camera

Does my 'kin nut in that. I was v tempted to smack the camera of pleb in front of me from his hands. Jump and mosh not mince and video.

rOcKeTdOg

deluded
    Free Member

Because I like Combichrist and out of curiosity I just youtubed this lot. Wow, superb. Loved ‘Du Hast’. Really reminded me of Front 242, Die Krupps and Front Line Assembly etc.

Just listened to Ohne Dich. That’s it, I’ll be expanding my CD/iTunes collection in the next few days.

I can’t understand why they’ve they not come to my attention before.

I’m grateful.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

On the train on the way home from tonights gig

oh

my

god

that was totally **** awesome!!!!!!

Superb show. Lots of fire, explosions, exploding laser babies, flame throwers, burning men, fireworks over our heads, band members over our heads in dingys, foam, more fire and explosions, great stage and fantastic music. This has been a top evening and I now have a new #1 gig

Awesome

jond
    Free Member

Yup, that was a **** corking gig :)))
    #1 gig ?..yeah, very probably !

(Despite some annoying **** a few people in front that could barely keep their poxy phones out of the air.FFS…)

For anyone that didn't go, in the picture above Till's angel wings have flame throwers on the wingtips too !

>I can’t understand why they’ve they not come to my attention before.

Same here – some mates from work (not into metal at all) went to see 'em on the last album tour – I think probably more for the stage show…I didn't 😮
    In fact getting a ticket this time was bit of a spur-of the moment decision – since then I've bought the back catalogue 🙂
    It should also a good excuse for me to brush-up my German – I managed to pass my 'o' level (annoyingly we had a really crap teacher) and despite my OH being fluent (or at least, was) I've never done anything about it…

BTW – gonna be seeing them again in July – there's a music festival in Bilbao that a bucn of us from work are going to (first 1000 tckets are cheaper too) – one other band's Pearl Jam. They're also on at Sonisphere this year.

walleater

This post got me listening to one of the best pish take bands of all time again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbB1s7TZUQk

rOcKeTdOg

I dread to think how much the set and tour costs up put on, even the fuel bill!
    The health and safety officer must be a millionaire by now!

can you imagime the planning meeting

Till.." right i want some babies on stage, with lasers for eyes, i want to blow them up, then i want to stand 20ft above the stage and pour fire out of a milk churn into a bath containing the keyboardist, set him alight again using a petrol pump and have massive burning angel wings…"

set designer.."oh right right!, how about a treadmill for the keyboardist to walk on almost the entire set" *rolls eyes*

Till…" brilliant idea!"
    😀

rOcKeTdOg

not my pic, but just to illistrate the wings in action

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I grabbed a few snaps on my iPhone, so poor quality.

IMG_0283

A few below

Still smiling about this gig this morning

rOcKeTdOg

i think i can only top the experience by seeing them in berlin

mcboo
    Free Member

Are they the guys that did "that" video?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

yep

MrsToast
    Free Member

Everytime I see Rammstein, I end up thinking, "How the hell are they going to top that next tour?". But they always do!

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘just back from Rammstein gig’ is closed to new replies.