• This topic has 14 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by jedi.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • jumpy stuff in bristol
  • trickydisco
    Free Member

After doing a skills day with jedi at woburn i'm chomping at the bit to practice jumping.

Anyone know anyhwere in Bristol or close to bristol that's got some jumps/bombholes? I've been told everything at still woods has now gone and you're not allowed in.

SammyC
    Free Member

Plantation is the new Still it seems.

trickydisco
    Free Member

oh.. is that right by still?

GeForceJunky

Its a little bit of a drive, but get yourself up to Redhill Extreme in gloucestershire one weekend. The place is currently closed, but opens for the summer soon (beginning or mid April I think) and it has some brilliant jumps for learning on. There are often xc riders around trying out the jumps.

There is no website, but there is a facebook group. Redhill can be found here (although the aireal photo is years old):

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=51.823513,-2.44755&num=1&t=h&sll=51.822573,-2.431018&sspn=0.027591,0.06403&ie=UTF8&ll=51.823524,-2.447505&spn=0.005133,0.013937&z=17

teaandbiscuits
    Free Member

Plantation is the new Still it seems

its unsanctioned. the more people build / ride jumps the sooner the whole place is closed to bikes. 🙁

trickydisco
    Free Member

Might have to check out redhill.. Although wouldn't want to get laughed at showing my newbie skills.

fatboyslim
    Free Member

there is always Forest of Dean, only an hour from bristol, the cycle centre pedal a bike away has a load of jumps and mini dh tracks there.
    There has been some forestry work there, but i think some of the tracks are still there.

llamafarmer
    Free Member

its unsanctioned. the more people build / ride jumps the sooner the whole place is closed to bikes.

The way some of the runs criss-cross each other it does look like an accident waiting to happen tbh. It's just exploded in there since they closed Still

Marko

There are some jumps in Eastville Park. Go past the Lake and turn right just before the small stream enters the Frome. Uphill on the right in the Woods.

These are legal, but please don't extend them out into the field.
    Hth
    Marko

timbercombe
    Free Member

Redhill's awesome. I went for the first time last summer and ended up going about 4 times in as many weeks. It's amazing! I couldn't jump for sh*t before however the jumps are so smooth that you get int it and progress to the bigger lines in no time, well worth the visit, 4X is a laugh too!

bristolbiker
    Free Member

A tad further down the road…. but I was coming into Weston along the coast road by Birnbeck Pier (Kewstoke Road I think) and there is a fantastic looking pump track right by the road in the woods. Had the boss in the car, so couldn't really stop and investigate 😉

jedi

trickydisco, build slowly. increase your progression slowly and apply all i taught you.

trickydisco
    Free Member

marko> as yes. forgotten I've sen those! i run past them on a monday lunch time

trickydisco
    Free Member

Jedi> Got to remember the pump.

I've just got this fear i'll forget it all that's why i want to keep it up.. not looking at big things.. I'm too chicken for that!

jedi

you wont forget, look back at teh blog for your day and it'll help the memories

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘jumpy stuff in bristol’ is closed to new replies.