Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Jump skills training
  • OrangeAnimal
    Free Member

Anyone recommend any jump skills training courses?
    Spooky for choice but wondered if anyone had any good/ bad experiences.

lucien

Jedi, aka Tony Doyle http://www.ukbikeskills.co.uk – awesome

keyses2

+1 for Jedi, awesome coach 🙂

dh
    Free Member

I thought these guys were good, if you are based in central belt scotland that is…..

Jumpy Jump

bazzer
    Free Member

I thought these guys were good, if you are based in central belt scotland that is…..

Jumpy Jump

I have done a day with Jedi and the Dirt School course (Though it was with Rowan in Wales)

They are very different days and you will come out of both better equipped to handle jumps.

If you truly want to spend a day working on jumps rather all aspects of your riding then the Dirt School course provides this. If you want to look at your riding in general Jedi provides that.

Bazzer

ononeorange

Apologies for the slight hijack, but does Jedi cater for the “lesser-skilled” rider as well – most of the comments on here about him, while always complimentary, seem to be in relation to pretty advanced tuition? Is he aiming only at already-skilled riders?

Any challenged / nervous riders been on one of his courses, or is it just the semi-pros? 😉

djflexure

does Jedi cater for the “lesser-skilled” rider

You’d be fine at any level.

thepurist

I was certainly a ‘less skilled’ rider when I went to see Tony, or at least I felt like one. There’s no set syllabus – if there’s something in particular you want to work on then that’s fine. For me it was getting my wheels off the ground and we managed that in no time. Equally if there’s something you don’t want to do then there’s no pressure. Go for it – it’ll be the best money you’ve spent on your bike.

ononeorange

Thanks. Will consider it for next spring, I think. Didn’t want to turn up just for him to roll on the floor laughing!

bazzer
    Free Member

If your nervous then I would say Jedi much more than Dirt School.

My wife really got a lot out of a session with him.

Bazzer

granny_ring

ononeorange, I aim to start mine then too and I’m very much at the same end of the scale as you. I’m already looking forward to it and it’s a target for me to lose weight and get some fitness together before then.
    Well that’s the plan…. 😀

jedi

jedi

keyses2 – Member

+1 for Jedi, awesome coach you have come a ,long way since our two sessions jenny.

thank you all for your kind words.

bumley
    Free Member

I would deffo recommend Jedi, doesn’t matter what level your ability is, he will work his magic on you!!

jedi

bumley, have you ridden much since i saw you?

toys19
    Free Member

Another one for Jedi, great for beginners to top level, the basic skills are the same anyway..

GeForceJunky

Dan Yeomans is a great coach and proper sound bloke.

http://www.newmountainrider.com/eng/about.html

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Jump skills training’ is closed to new replies.