Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Jools Holland right now..
  • mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

So I assume he thinks he is David Byrne from 20 years ago?…

Cougar

The guy in the cowboy hat?

As I just posted on Twitter: I see Bjork is still a) mental and b) crap.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

The one with the comedy glasses and two guitarists who can’t play. Shocking.

rogg
    Free Member

I rather enjoyed Bjork, in a slightly startled, WTFingF sort of way. Good hair/choir combo.
    Reminded me of a Conor Oberst track, ‘Burn Rubber’ I think.

kimbers

yup i thought she was very good

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Bjork is usually good value. Is it wrong to find her curiously attractive too?

donks
    Free Member

Bjorks drummer was good. Gallagher is pretty mediocre, and I have no time for the Chillies nowadays (dodgy tash and a phill oakey hairdoo)

racefaceec90

mastiles_fanylion no,not at all (must admit that i have always found her attractive)

BoardinBob

and I have no time for the Chillies nowadays

it pains me to see how bad they are. I was an OBSESSIVE fan, but now I think they’re truly horrendous. The classic stuff is excellent, but they should have knocked it on the head years ago

OmarLittle
    Free Member

It was a bit cringeworthy to see them like that now…looked the part 20 years ago but now they are about 50, looks completly ridiculous!

CountZero

One reason why I always record Later… just so that I can skip stuff like the Chili’s. Quite apart from every song sounding identical to one another, they also hold the dubious honour of having one of the most badly produced albums ever, according to the book Perfecting Sound Forever, by Greg Milner. Looking forward to seeing Björk, loved her stuff since The Sugarcubes. One thing she’s not is crap. Not to everyone’s taste, certainly, but never static, never complacent, never boring.

SaxonRider

This thread just reminded me of the Lana Del Rey thread after Jools a few weeks back. Almost forgot about her. Thanks! :mrgreen:

rOcKeTdOg

Is it wrong to find her curiously attractive too?

no it’s not,i would hold hands with her in public

the chillis looked a bit flabby and should do a “REM”

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

Bjork was v good.

Chilli’s just going through the motions these days unfortunately.

DezB
    Free Member

Saw that Bjork stuff in the live show, was goosebumps all night.
    The drum n bass style bit at the end of Crystalline is just… ah, orgasm for me earoles.
    Shame about the Chili Peppers, but I guess every rock band gets old.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

I’m glad I wasn’t the only one. Can’t agree more. Chillis were poop. Bjork was if nothing else interesting.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

they also hold the dubious honour of having one of the most badly produced albums ever

And also one of the best, in BloodSugarSexMagik. If that fella thinks Californication is badly produced then he aint heard a lot of music…

Admit that the Chili’s are bad nowadays though. I have all their singles from the beginning and would loved to have seen them in the 80’s.

Speaking of awful bands, did anyone see Lou Reed and Metallica on Jools last week? It was as if my Auntie Nora was telling off her neighbour’s band for playing too loud. 🙂 What on earth was that all about?

stilltortoise
    Free Member

did anyone see Lou Reed and Metallica on Jools last week?

Argh!! My ears! 😯

charliemort

yes – watched most of the last few episodes

liked it all (even that mad brass band playing sweet dreams……..) except Lou Reed (loud shouts of “turn it down” from the other room, and Chilli Peppers – just noise

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Its such a wonderful, eclectic programme.

Why is is on at such a stupid time, and so ‘king short – get those people in a room together and it could quite easily be a two hour long programme with the potential for real magic.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Its such a wonderful, eclectic programme.

Sadly the only decent music show on telly these days. I agree about the stupid time too, the Friday one is longer, but I sometimes fall asleep watching it. Especially if Snow Patrol or someone are on. 😉

TPTcruiser

Zulu: Longer version of the same on Friday.
    Hopefully get another two tracks from G Welch, was at Manchester on Monday night.
    Bjork was good value, her choir looked like they were having fun but how do you finance such a big ensemble? Is she Iceland’s largest employer at the moment?

DezB
    Free Member

I have all their singles from the beginning and would loved to have seen them in the 80’s

They were tremendous. Saw them at the Club Foot in London, supported by Soho (wherethey?) and a young pup Djing called Norman Cook (wherehe?)

🙂

Sky Arts has some great music occasionally – White Stripes last night.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Can I just comment on how wonderfully eclectic it is again 😀

I have to say, I LOVE sitting down to a programme where I might hear anythign from this:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFfLBbEqcjk&feature=related[/video]

To This:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZL5msBONt4[/video]

charliemort

zulu-eleven

yes – always wonder what it must be like when they all meet afterwards (assuming they do)

goslow

I saw Bjork perform in Manchester a couple of months ago. The TV studio and even the recent album just didn’t do her justice. The live show had to be seen and heard to be believed. Brilliant!

Got the Lou Reed/Metallica album too. Not easy listening.

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

the Mastodon clip is ridic…

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Jools Holland right now..’ is closed to new replies.