Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Joes Noflats or Stans Notubes – any difference really?
  • Ewan
    Free Member

I’m currently running stans no tubes on my Big bike, and have been sufficiently impressed that i’m going to do my hard tail as well.

I’ve noticed that Joe’s Noflats is pretty much 50% the cost of a stans kit, so any real difference?

It’s on WTB Laserdisc Trail rims if that makes any differnce (apparently they can be a bit awkward on account of their deep channel in the middle…

Anyone tried both?

tazzymtb

joes goop is a bit thicker, seals better in the very cold and seals slightly bigger holes.

and is cheaper

that’s about it really.

laserdisc rims are fine, just use a decent tape in before fitting the rim strip.

Ewan
    Free Member

Thanks – Do you know what size strip to get? I’m guessing the AM version of the Joes kit? I know I could find out by taking the tyres off and measuring it… but if you’ve already gone through the process…

tazzymtb

http://www.no-flats.com/support.php?itemid=222

have a look here mate, you need the all mountain strips and the 19mm tape.

poppa
    Free Member

Stans recommend widening the valve hole on your rim whereas Joes do not IIRC. I currently use Stans but would be tempted to try Joes next time. Cheaper.

imp999
    Free Member

I have those rims and use Joe’s sealer but with Bontrager rim strips.
    Dirt cheap and work a treat. Very well held bead to the rim.

gamo
    Free Member

Used both,wouldn’t say one was better than the other!
    Both work,both good, Joes def better value for money
    though.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Joes Noflats or Stans Notubes – any difference really?’ is closed to new replies.