Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Joe Barnes and Chris Akrigg Lake Garda Video
  • michaelcycle
    Free Member

Good to see the results of this video – Cut Media had seen Tobi Leonhardt doing this trail on his video but hadn’t a clue where it was, so I was happy to point them in the right direction. They are in Stefano’s BikeLab at the beginning pouring over maps, then it starts of from Punto di Larici where several riders may recognise the famous photo point. Anyone fancy it this season? I’ll be putting up dates of trips over the weekend but basically I’m there from mid April to mid October again. Enjoy 🙂

Chris and Joe at Lake Garda

michaelcycle
    Free Member

The original video Tobi Leonhardt at Garda

sharkattack

Give yourself a pat on the back. Oh, you already have;

Good vid though. Amazing trail.

cokie

Pffttt.. the trail erosion 👿

Chris and Joe are probably my favorite riders but that annoyed me. Rear wheel locked for most of that video.

michaelcycle
    Free Member

The young’uns are more about speed and drama – Tobi shows how the old’uns like me would ride it

bubs

Michael,
    Will I be allowed back this year after last year’s damage :oops:.
    It was the best riding on an overseas trip that I think I have had.
    May be I should bring my own bike….

Andy-R

The Tobi Leonhardt video is really excellent – and inspiring, except I’d die trying probably.

michaelcycle
    Free Member

There are easier trails that still give the same buzz and views, the 122 trail isn’t one I’d suggest people start with 🙂

Yes Bubs, of course you are welcome back! Bringing your own bike would be an idea, but expect more damage to that, you know why I choose to ride the bike that I do, it’s the only one that survives the whole season without needing maintenance and repairs!

neilthewheel

A friend of mine has just got back from Garda and said some kind of trail police were handing out fixed penalty notices to mountain bikers using the hiking trails. Is he pulling my leg?
    Meanwhile, whoever did the music better prepare for a writ from Paul McCartney!

mattjg
    Free Member

Hard to believe those 2 vids show the same trail – in the first it barely has the feel of any gradient, the second (Tobi) is butt clenching, respect to the rider.

michaelcycle
    Free Member

yes Neil the Wheel, that has happened. Officially, all the trails are illegal in Trentino (and other regions) apart from about 4 that have recently been given an “Ok” by the Commune and Forestale. However, in riding there for 9 years, for up to 6 months of the year, out on the bike pretty much every single day I have never had a problem, nor has anyone in the groups that I guide, but occasionally other people have been fined (66 Euro)

It only happens on certain trails that the Corpo Forstale have a gripe about, they are always waiting in the same place and at certain times. It’s a case of knowing where and when. The local riders have a group that is in dialogue with the official bodies and we (some of the guides) get a heads up when there is likely to be any activity.

I was out one day when we knew the guys were out on one of the said trails (X)and when we got to the top of the mountain I said to the group which trail we would be going down… one guy said “I’m going down trail X” – I told him the forest guys would catch him and fine him, maybe take his bike (they have that power but never heard of it being used) – and that the trail that I was doing was even better than the one he wanted to go down – but no, off he went. We saw him later and sure enough he had been caught and fined. There is no hope for some people.

chickenman

From the viewpoint where the boys set off from, 122 looks completely mental; the exposure is ridiculous. The Barnes/Akrigg video totally fails to show this.
    I’ll push my bike down it in your dust cloud, come the summer, Michael!

Rick

Northwind

Yeah, compare that with, say, Joe’s Ben A’an video and just about anything Chris Akrigg’s ever done and it all just seems a bit dull. Not a criticism of the trail or the riding mind, it just ought to be more awesome.

neilthewheel

The local riders have a group that is in dialogue with the official bodies and we (some of the guides) get a heads up when there is likely to be any activity.

How very Italian!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Joe Barnes and Chris Akrigg Lake Garda Video’ is closed to new replies.