Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Trail SPDs
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Anyone got these things? Good compared to traditional SPDs?

chris_db
    Free Member

I use then on my full suss, they help get pedalling again more easily than the trad ones. Although I use the trads on my hardtail…

Bucko

I honestly can’t tell the difference to them and the standard ones without the cage. Thats with my Shimano storm trooper shoes, others may find a difference with other shoes but I personally wouldn’t bother buying them again

stevied
    Free Member

Replaced the older XTR SPD’s with these and very happy with them. A bit more foot support and easy engagement 🙂

binners

They’re bloody brilliant!! Miles easier to get clipped in with the platform. And a lot more comfortable on long descents. Its not worth going for XT IMHO though. Just get a set of M530’s for twenty quid and you’re laughing

devash
    Free Member

I have a set of (regular) M520 pedals and the M530 trail pedals which look identical to the XT version.

I much prefer the trail ones as the cage gives a noticeably better ‘feel’ when putting down the power. It might be because my SPD shoes (Specialized Tahoe Sports) aren’t the stiffest though. Perhaps with a stiffer shoe there wouldn’t be much difference.

On a separate note, you can pick up a pair of M530s with cleats for £17 delivered if you look around. There isn’t a great deal of difference between them and the XT version besides a slight weight penalty and non-serviceable axle.

stewartc
    Free Member

Great pedals, zero maintenance from me and still going strong after 9 months despite looking a little worse for wear.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Trail SPDs’ is closed to new replies.