Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Jobcentre
  • simonlovell999
    Free Member

Need i say anymore. its actually like joke centre. Coz they take the p$£s

foxyrider
    Free Member

Sorry never been in one to date 🙂 But there is always time 🙂

Tonylem
    Free Member

Yeah, total waste of time. Can actually be a fairly degrading experience at times.

simonlovell999
    Free Member

They are taking the piss with my claim and releasing funds. Also the crisis loan is a joke too they would give me £10 to live on for 3 days!!!

sofatester
    Free Member

Did you make it out with your dignity and self respect? 😉

simonlovell999
    Free Member

Yeah I think so

project
    Free Member

10 years ago went to the JC, young kid said what job you looking for,as i had been waiting for nearly an hour, this woman was floating around first with bits of paper, athen with cups of tea for the staff.

So i said to the lad ,whats her job,he said a supervisor,so i said a job like hers.

He didnt seem to see the sad side that she was getting paid more than him for making tea, and no i didnt get a similar job.

sofatester
    Free Member

Yeah I think so

Well done, I've been there. You will soon realize they are not there to help. Just get out there and find something, as anything is better than walking through those doors.

Good luck 🙂

ourkidsam
    Free Member

£10 to live on for 3 days!!!

Is that just for food? For you alone?

simonlovell999
    Free Member

Thanks so far. Just fed up with it, patronisation. Sometimes they do help, but the time that the system takes to process stuff is crap. Phoned them yesterday to get a emergency payout, maybe happen tomorrow or maybe friday! Great no money.

Me just having a rant on

Sandwich

Due to the large amount of people they are having to deal with currently they have no time for the "customers" like we can go anywhere else! If you want help make appointments to see the support staff, you only get 10 minutes at sign-on time! Good luck.

stumpyjon

They are next to useless, patronising and generally a complete waste of tax payers money. They only serve to administer benefits and go through the charade of implementing government employment policies. Hate the places. Luckily I only had to endure them a long time ago after my first redundancy, 2nd two redundancies I was lucky and got another job quickly. Might not be so lucky fourth time around, more redundancies annouced at work yesterday, yet again waiting to find out who's been unluck in the latest lottery.

project
    Free Member

Soon to be handed over to the private sector who actually run job recruitment agencies.

You read it here first,see how long after the election it happens, pretty quick i bet.

br
    Free Member

I went in for the first time about 18 months ago. No problems at all, how you act for the first interview sets the tone.

The chap looked at my P45, then took it to the Manager – she always said hello everytime I went in, and made sure I was quickly dealt with.

I asked him afterwards was there a problem? No, turns out I'd paid more tax so far than either him or his Manager ever earnt 8)

jam-bo

I asked him afterwards was there a problem? No, turns out I'd paid more tax so far than either him or his Manager ever earnt

but they still had a job and you didnt…..

uplink
    Free Member

Went in once in 1980 & never went back
    Instead, I spent most of the 80s propping up the black economy rather than claiming dole

steve_b77
    Free Member

I went in once in 1993 during a free period at college with my mate as he was applying for a modern apprenticeship, lady asked me if I wanted to.

I said might as well got nothing else to do.

TO cut a long story short, I got on the scheme and he didn't, don't recall him speaking to me since.

He's now a greenkeeper and I'm a project engineer, $h!t happens I suppose 😆

amodicumofgnar

Getting worse all the time – been unlucky enough to field test them on and off since the late 80s. 99% of time found I knew more about the process of getting the type of job I wanted than the person behind the desk did. Did get one good thing out of them: marketing and business course with placement.

Great wastes of government money – those job search terminal things. Its like they were developed in some alternate world where the internet didnt exist. Being a ludite though I say bring back the cards on the wall, it was much easier and faster to check whats on offer.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Jobcentre’ is closed to new replies.