Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • DW 5spot – just got to pick a colour, aarg!
  • Gnnr

I know its vain etc… but I'm hovering over the button and can't decide which colour I like best. I like them all except the raw finish.

So STW, whats your two pence worth eh! i'm thinking white… or blue… or that grey colour.

Damn this bike has to last me a looong time according to Mrs G so I want to make the right choice.

Ringo
    Free Member

i like the red

backhander
    Free Member

The grey I reckon.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    dano
    Free Member

I just bougt the raw, quite like it…

sandyward90
    Free Member

put a link to it up the now so a can have a look at it

Vortexracing

white

Gnnr

Any pics to help the colourly indecisive?

Gnnr

I take it that's the raw finish Dano

Edit: just read your earlier post dano. ignore pls

dano
    Free Member

I have spent all the budget on the frame, think the build may take a while…Took a look at some other colours and they all looked great, I really couldnt decide and so I just picked one and went with it…The attention to detil and finish is very good and nicely old skool with big welds and chunky alu

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Grey, blue & white are 2009 colours. I have the Iron Glimmer Grey FWIW and its quite nice and understated.

New colours are sangria (red) and charcoal grey metallic. Make sure you don't get sold a 2009 model as a 2010 as there are changes!

dano
    Free Member

Do you know what the changes are?

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Upper part of taco on seat tube welded
    Different link inserts with holes to let grease though to cure the 'creaking' problem
    Steel fasteners on upper DW link
    Colour coded rear triangle
    A couple of gussets I think at the shock mount
    Seat tube fully reamed
    Rear dropout slightly different

You can see I spend too much time on MTBR Turner forum 😳

nickb

Red bikes go faster… and look better. I had a HL 5-spot in the sangria red and I loved it. I wish I'd have bought my Flux in the same colour rather than going for boring black…

Nick

EDIT – here you go – red (5-spot) and black (flux)

joemetcalfm
    Free Member

if you get a white bike you may need shares in muck off. just a thought from a white bike owner. i like the red. what colour forks?

Vortexracing

so those on sale at Merlin are all 2009 then

wondered why they were £1500

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Yep, last years stock, good price though.

dano
    Free Member

I had to wait for mine to be delivered from the suppliers, but I am still pretty sure mine is the 2009 model…But thats all good, I did get it a little cheaper, and thats why they reduce the price of the older frames

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

RAW!!!

Bregante

definitely the Raw 8)

dano
    Free Member

that looks like a nice build chunky… Surprised you put a coil on when they are tuned to an air shock, but i bet it makes it better on the ruff stuff

joemetcalfm
    Free Member

looks like a monster with the coil. nice

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

dano – Member

that looks like a nice build chunky… Surprised you put a coil on when they are tuned to an air shock, but i bet it makes it better on the ruff stuff

No so. Dave Weagle and DT designed it for coil also.

dano
    Free Member

and you have gone for the lyrix…it looks like a beast…what have you thought of it so far?

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Lyrik in my view compliments the very stiff chassis. Once again DT beefed up the headtube as he knew people would be slapping on 36's/Lyriks etc.

My thoughts? Love it! Ticks all the boxes for me and is my one bike does it all. Had a blast on it in the Alps last year.

doof_doof
    Free Member

Granny Smith green gets my vote.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Raw, you know you want to…..

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

I've heard that orange fives can take a bit of a beating. Same be said about the turner? or is it more towards lightweight xc?

coogan
    Free Member

I've heard that orange fives can take a bit of a beating. Same be said about the turner? or is it more towards lightweight xc?

5 Spot can more than handle a beating. For lightweight XC, the Turner Flux would be better classed, but even then its tough. The reason I like Turners, is they can handle punishment.

And get RAW it looks awesome. 8)

dickie
    Free Member

Raw looks very secondhand.
    Have a look on MTBR, there's loads in the set-up threads onthere in all manner of colour.
    I got my DW Flux in white, looks OK.
    Why a 5 Spot after a Burner & not a Flux?

heihei

Got to be white……..

Gnnr

Fancy something with a bit more bounce and if I'm honest I'm quite – sturdy. So i reckon the extra weight isn't going to make such a difference.

I love that Burner but can't really afford to keep it as a second bike thats not going to see much use. Anyone want a really good cond Burner?

This year will see more trips North to Laggan / Fort bill etc so I think the spot will make for a great travel companion.

Forks: Are 2010 Magura Thors – not as big as a lot of Forks going on the DW spots but they are what I've got. They should help keep the weight down.

Frankers
    Free Member

Think whether you go for a Spot or Flux depends on where you live, I live in the midlands with regular trips to cannock and the Welsh trail centres and found the Flux to be much quicker and more enjoyable.

I really like White and raw frames

Vortexracing

is that a std vanilla R shock chunkyMTB or have you had it fettled.

both yours and heihei's look great.

the small frame has a bent TT doesn't it?

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

It's a PUSH'd Van R. No real platform and some nice ramp up at the end. It's super plush. The standard RP23 that comes with it was too lightly damped for me anyway. The Van R goes well with the coil Lyrik.

The small frame doesn't have a bent tube, only the XS like this one.

Vortexracing

cheers

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

This is the small (A flux but the Spot is the same)

Artillerydave
    Free Member

one of the lads in our club is selling a latest model grey coloured one. I'll get him to post on here.

Hadge
    Free Member

Blue! There's a blue one on fleabay and it looks so nice – like all Turners 😀

sandyward90
    Free Member

a like that red that just looks like the shizzzzzzzzzz

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘DW 5spot – just got to pick a colour, aarg!’ is closed to new replies.