Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Job applications – how long til you hear back?
  • swoosh
    Free Member

I’ve applied for a job that I think I will be very well suited to. The closing date was Wednesday just gone, how long will it be til I hear back (assuming that I get an interview of course!) ?

EDIT: Wrong forum, sorry. If someone could move it that would be great.

sas
    Free Member

Give it a week or two, then if you actually want the job (as opposed to just applying because you thought you should do something) give them a call to show you’re interested.

kevt

I would say call before you apply normally. This is a must with rec consultants. Try not to expect to hear back. Its hard but companies are crap. I have had interviews with 4 companies and only heard back from 2, AND THATS AFTER AN INTERVIEW OR IN ONE CASE 2 INTERVIEWS!! AND I HAVE CHASED WITH EMAILS.ahem luckily the other 2 offered me a job. I have also applied for other jobs that I was confident that I would be a strong candidate for and heard nothing. In general I have heard quickly or not at all.

good luck

jools182
    Free Member

you don’t hear back, even after interviews when you e-mail to find out if they have come to a decision

rude

jam-bo

I got offered a job three months after the interview. I had to ask them to remind mr what the job actually was as id forgotten. Civil service efficiency in action.

Xan
    Free Member

I’d say 2-3 weeks after the closing date is acceptable. I’m currently in the middle of a recruitment process that has taken nearly 2 months since my original application.

geoffj

If they really want you, as opposed to you being the 2nd, 3rd choice etc, and the company / organisation is worth working for, you should hear within the week.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Job applications – how long til you hear back?’ is closed to new replies.