Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Jet2 or Rynair
  • limeybloke
    Free Member

Flying to Pisa in the summer and wanting to take my road bike.

I have a choice of Jet2 or Rynair from Leeds Bradford.

Who would you choose and why?

kimbers

o leary is a ****

antigee

kimbers said it

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    tails
    Free Member

o leary has excellent safety record, for the amount of flights his airline does.

antigee

o leary has excellent safety record, for the amount of flights his airline does

but then again so do most (all?) shorthaul european airlines
    safety is a given, screwing around with passengers shouldn't be

jobbyheid
    Free Member

I haven't flown Ryanair in years because of what Kimbers said..

The way they sneaked the paying for check in thing was despicable.

SuperScale20
    Free Member

Spend a bit more upfront and go with a proper airline most probably be more straight forward.

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Thats almost like choosing between toothache and earache!

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

I used to do over 100 flights a year on business. Ryanair is about the only airline I would not fly with because of their customer attitude. Check the main carriers like BA and BMI. Sometimes they are no more expensive than the low cost guys once you have taken all the extras into account. Oh, and you also end up at an airport that is actually in the vicinity of the city you are trying to get to.

hotcharge
    Free Member

Ryanair are to be avoided.. how anyone would willing part their cash to such an underhand, money grabbing, sneaky , unbearable customer service and unhelpful company who claims to be able to fly you to a city where the airport is over 100kms from the city centre is quite beyond me.

Go pay the same as you would do on a ryanair flight when you add all the normal B..lox for booking a flight and support a decent airline like BA.

Hope that O'leary numpty comes unstuck someday.

granny_ring

If you play the system with Ryan Air you can get very cheap deals – Dublin £10 return……Agreed that customer service is cr*p though but for the money………

Black
    Free Member

Ryanairs aircraft are all less than 5 years old and they have excellent maintenance staff.

Just book the cheapest with no frills and you're home. Pisa in March for £20 return.

hotcharge
    Free Member

is that including taking some luggage, booking fee, and how far from pisa is the airport?

Black
    Free Member

All fees, carry on luggage only (55*45*25cm) is fine for me, 5.4km. Going to Florence anyway so it does ney matter.

hotcharge
    Free Member

flight from stansted to pisa 1st – 4th march Ryanair £153 with out any luggage, add £30 return to be able to put 15kg bag in hold
    BA same dates £168.50 1 piece of hold baggage up to 23 kilos and 2 pieces if hand luggage no charge..

Not so cheap anymore……marketing has worked brilliantly…… but dont fly Ryanair. Do you know all their staff have buy their own uniform, the pilots often do 12 hours of flying and they have to pay for their own bottles of water on the flight deck. Highest turnover of cabin crew in the UK , remember these people are for your safety…Accident waiting to happen i reckon.

antigee

to answer the OP jet2 out of leeds is good – helpful staff, been a lot with kids and bodyboards/skis and that sort of stuff prebooked but no hassles – travel with bikes seems subject change but have a mate who has regularly flown with jet2 no probs – up to date on rules would get in advance but check in staff are helpful

back to ryan air pee'd me off with cancelled flights too many times

antigee

oh and some of above posts – pack of durex in yr pocket for weekend is fine – a week away climbing/ski/surf/bike/kids then ryan air is not interested

ok by me as they now make that clear (sort off) not in their ad's in their actions

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I just booked Ryanair, LBA – Alicante return for £75 (for Sept 2010). The Jet2 equiv. was approx. £97. It's my first time, so I've no experience of service from either. Both companies had lots of add ons for everything, even down to charging for every paying method. The downside of my Ryanair flight is arriving at near midnight, but in my case, my pa will pick me up from the airport. So, not the ideal time to arrive, but the parents are prepared to do it to see their boy. I also didn't pay for any baggage, my sister is driving down with bikes, so they will also carry any extra stuff I need.

smogmonster

B.A. – do you do much biking in that area? Im in the process of moving to Javea, but have never done or seen anyone mountain biking in the area – some route ideas would be appreciated if you know any.

yoshimi

Jet2 – the colour of Ryanair cabins makes me ill

cp

It's not so much the fact that with Ryanair you pay extra for stuff – fair enough, if you don't need to carry much luggage etc… you can get cheap cheap flights…

BUT it's the way they add the charges in… Easyjet includes your tax from the outset, and then on the next page you add in all your options… Ryanair on the other hand… you've NO IDEA how much it's all going to come to until you've gone through umpteen screens adding this and that, you get to the confirm screen, you think that's it, then they add some more charges in. crazy. I used them a few years ago several times when they had extra charges but didn't try to sneak them in. Now I wont touch them. got burnt going to Paris a couple of years ago. Wont use them again.

uplink
    Free Member

To all those saying fly BA etc.

The OP is flying fro Leeds/Bradford & wants to go to Pisa

He has a choice of Ryanair or Jet2
    unless BA put on a special for him, he's stuck with them 2

FWIW – out of the 2 – I'd go with Jet2, purely because I always think I've inadvertently agreed to some extra charge with Ryanair [& I usually have 🙂 ]

numplumz
    Free Member

Don't know about Jet2 but Ryanair bike fee is now £40 each way, so with the other hidden fees of web check in, checked bags and handling fee EVERY ryanair flight with a bike and a checked bag will be £130 return minimum plus the actual price they quote for the flights.

As has been said don't get sucked in that they are cheaper.

The cabin staff are also pressurised into the MacD style hard sell too, which annoys me.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

All fees, carry on luggage only (55*45*25cm) is fine for me, 5.4km. Going to Florence anyway so it does ney matter.

NO!!!!!! Classic example of Ryanair screwing you at every opportunity. Every airline in the world has this as their standard hand baggage size – except Ryanair. IIRC the height dimension is 17cm, and one of the others is different. "Sorry sir your bag does not fit and you did not pre-book it – that will be £40 each way plus £20 each way (or whatever) for using check in

tracknicko
    Free Member

yeh the fella above is correct. its more like 55 x 20 x 25 i think.

Chew
    Free Member

I've flown with Ryan Air plenty of times, and never had any issue with them at all. Ok you need to be aware that they are going to charge you for every single additional item, but if you dont want to pay for it dont take it.

Flew from Bristol to Bergerac for £12 last summer. It cost us more to park at the airport for the week!

Didnt need to take any luggage, so didnt have to pay for that. No meal included. Its only a 1.5 hour flight i'm sure i can cope without eating.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Just to Clarify
    Both Jet2 and Ryanair do the price + add on charges for baggage, paying, taxes etc etc, that isn't a Ryanair exclusive trick. I must say I was a bit niffed that I was charged £10 for the privelage of paying for the flights tho.
    this is what I was charged
    54.98 GBP Total Fare
    0.00 GBP Taxes, Fees & Charges
    10.00 GBP Passenger Fee: Web Check in
    10.00 GBP Passenger Fee: Administration Fee
    74.98 GBP Total Paid

I think it was £15 each way for 1 hold baggage of around 20kgs.

Smogmonster, no sorry I can't help you, the parents have only just moved there from France.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Jet2 or Rynair’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts