Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • jet washes
  • zaskarrider
    Free Member

Hi all

i often ride in dalby where there are a couple of jet washes to clean things up at the end of a messy ride. Now these washes are by no means powerful and do a great job at the end of a ride before putting the bikes in the car.
    But my sons three week old forks on his hardrock siezed half way round a ride.When he took it back to the store they said water was in the fork legs and this was the problem.I have had no problems with my rockshock judy’s…..
    As there is vey little dirt around the forks i know my son wont just stand with the wash on the stanchions.
    my question is should we give the jet washers a miss ???

nickc

How hard is it really to use a sponge and a bucket of water? Jet washing can cause so many problems they’re just not worth bothering with.

zaskarrider
    Free Member

yeh i know and you also find any mechanical problems washing by hand and we always need to clean off properly once home and relube. But its so much better putting a clean/mud free bike in the car !! and the washes provided at the forest or not fearce.. little more than a hose pipe with a sprinkler fitted.

Nick-Scots
    Free Member

3 Weeks old should not freeze up. Maybe they are avoiding a warranty claim.

Nick

mike_check
    Free Member

What forks are they? quick search on the Hardrock suggests Suntour forks, which I have heard via other forums have a tendency to fill with water and seize up!

racing_ralph
    Free Member

At dalby i saw a father and lad washing their bikes with a jetwash, concentrating on hubs, seals and so on, wtf are they thinking??

zaskarrider
    Free Member

yeh mike_check
    thats the ones…
    i think a rub down with a damp cloth in future !!!
    do you think they would fill up when riding in wet conditions ???

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

IMo if the seals won’t stand careful jet washing they ain’t good enough. anyway jetwashes are good for stripping the naff decals off your rims and forks

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘jet washes’ is closed to new replies.