Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Jet 2 and sporting goods
  • jamesca
    Free Member

On the Jet 2 website they have the following to say about sporting goods

Other Outsize and Sporting Items
    For the carriage of other outsize and sporting items such as golf bags, snowboards, skis, bicycles, surfboards and body boards please see below. To pre-book large water sports equipment and for charges for other, non listed sports equipment, please contact the Call Centre. "We cannot guarantee extra space on the flight on which you are booked for such items. If space is not available, the items will be sent on the next flight with available space". Special conditions apply to the carriage of sports and outsize items.

Has anyone had experience of this?

allthegear
    Free Member

I took my road bike to majorca from leeds/bradford. They were really good with it – even saw the guy taking it out to the plane and he didn't kick it at all.

I seem to remember having to pay extra for the bike actually at the airport, as opposed to online but that was no big deal.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

I paid £30 for my bike, and booked it at the time of booking my ticket..

Never had a drama.

mrsflash
    Free Member

Last year you could only pay at the airport, this year you can ring and book and pay when you book the ticket, you can't book the bike on online though.

DaveVanderspek
    Free Member

I booked my bike online & just got back from the pyrenees with it.
    You MUST have your own insurance for your bike as jet2 accept no responsibility for damage etc.
    No problems though.

chilli
    Free Member

I've just got back from the alps,they do take online bike bookings now,just changed it i think,does give you piece of mind!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Jet 2 and sporting goods’ is closed to new replies.